If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

A Double Dose of Final Fantasy VI and One Teaspoon of Chrono Trigger

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited April 2011 in Latest Updates
Get ready for a double dose of Final Fantasy VI. Then be prepared to add a dash of of Chrono Trigger to the mix. When will these games be appearing on their respective digital services? No one knows.

Story

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited April 2011
    I'm definitely getting those. Especially Chrono Trigger. A classic in every definition of the word.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • TeluinTeluin Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I can't wait. It's only been a year or two since they were last re-released!!!!
  • PrinnyPrinny Killer Penguin Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Oooh its on like donkey kong! Both of these will be nice additions to PSN :)
  • TiaelTiael Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Nice to see the option, but I'll stick with my GBA/DS versions, portable, and well, better than playing the PSX versions on the PSP.
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Ick. I'd rather see upgrades to the original titles, not re-ports of two terrible ports.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
    edited April 2011
    Rebochan said:
    Ick. I'd rather see upgrades to the original titles, not re-ports of two terrible ports.

Beggars can't be choosers.
    User Database Check
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Who is begging? These have had at least one release everywhere.
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Indeed, it's not like these are filling a hole for a hard to find game that's never been re-released. Plus the ports from the PS1 are, may I note, awful. Unless this release fixes the technical issues, it's not worth the money.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
    edited April 2011
    I'll get it, due to the fact that I have no DS (though that may be remedied when I sell my books tomorrow since that's when finals start).
    User Database Check
  • TyphoTypho Knight Errant Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Paws said:
    Who is begging? These have had at least one release everywhere.

They haven't been released on XBox live yet.
  • rydia of the mistrydia of the mist Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Typho said:

They also have never made the games for the Xbox system so hence them not being on there
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Typho said:

Should've read the next post down too. The comment was in regards to region, not system.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited April 2011
    rydia of the mist said:
    They also have never made the games for the Xbox system so hence them not being on there

I don't think it would take a ton of effort for them to churn out an emulator (or hire TOSE again) for the 360. They're porting their SNES games to iOS, what's one more platform?

My guess is that they don't think it's worth the effort since their largest user bases are on the PS3/Wii/iOS and maybe there's some trends on how well JRPGs do on XBLA (paging Zeboyd Games....). There might be some MS requirements to get the games accepted for their services which probably add overhead to such a project. Did Symphony of the Night have to go through a bit of an overhaul to get on the service? I forget exactly.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • He Who LurksHe Who Lurks AWESOME! Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Rebochan said:
    Indeed, it's not like these are filling a hole for a hard to find game that's never been re-released. Plus the ports from the PS1 are, may I note, awful. Unless this release fixes the technical issues, it's not worth the money.
    They weren't awful. The only issue with either was the load times in CT.

And anyway, the CT problem was flawed pressings, not anything in the game code. I once saw a PS1 play an original CT disc, and yeah, it was full of the load time issues, then a burned disc, burned from an image made of that EXACT SAME original disc, and suddenly the load times were almost as negligible as playing on an SNES.

As for FF6, unless you consider changing Vicks to Biggs and taking out a few bugs/exploits a technical issue, there was nothing wrong with the PSX port.
    I'm He Who Lurks, and I'm AWESOME!