If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Promise Story to Release Next Week

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited June 2011 in Latest Updates
Those interested in the Final Promise Story will be happy to know that the game is set to release next week in Japan. We also have a first look at the game's opening sequence.

Story

Comments

• Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    This was the one future Imageepoch game I'm most interested in, really, really hope there's a localization at some point.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • Tequila MockingbirdTequila Mockingbird Resident Cannibal Full Members
    edited April 2011
    This doesn't look uninteresting!
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    new rule: no more words indicating termination or finality in titles for games. It's starting to cross the line from 'annoys me a little' to 'outright tiresome'.

ps: looks pretty
  • rydia of the mistrydia of the mist Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Hope this game gest great reviews there and that we may see a release.. it seems like a very interesting game
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    new rule: no more words indicating termination or finality in titles for games. It's starting to cross the line from 'annoys me a little' to 'outright tiresome'.

ps: looks pretty

Final Promise Terminal Fantasy Last Chronicle XVI

But yes, this game looks intriguing. I like that it seems to have a relatively mature romance in it (like, with actual kissing and not just staring and blushing)
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • wfbwfb Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Given that Imageepoch announced a deal with NISA around the same time they announced this game, I'd be surprised if it didn't get a US release.
  • reionprementereionpremente Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Keep in mind, the last Luminous Arc failed to make it here. I thought NIS was supposed to take care of ImageEpoch's releases from now on. Maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part. But I HOPE someone does bring this over. Or was it possibly XSEED? Anyway, only time will tell if we'll see it. I hope we see ALL of IE's latest stuff.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    But it makes them sound more dramatic....

..So maybe the developers just need a few suggestions for titles you would prefer. How about:

-Penultimate Prophecy
    -Epoch's Apex Epic
    -Prior Peril
    -Midway Medley

A few more like that and we might put an end..I mean reduction, to your woes. ;)
    edited April 2011
    Ocelot said:
    Final Promise Terminal Fantasy Last Chronicle XVI

Excellent point Becky, new rule 2: no more words indicating the account of fictional events in titles. Just gimme a break.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Blah, I had barely (un)written the first suggestions and you've already moved the goal(less). :rolleyes2: Well if you are quite (un)done, I guess I'll have to try and (de)note down some new ones that fit:

- Decree-less decrease
    - Unsung hereafter
    - Withdrawal on no account
    - Low life 'n' unscripted
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    I'm totally down for Unsung Hereafter. :)
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited April 2011
    Silktail, thank you for reminding me that our forums aren't completely lame. points for you.
  • wfbwfb Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    You heard it there folks. No PSP RPGs for you! Learn Japanese!

White Knight Story / White Knight Chronicle -> The White Knight

Last Ranker -> Ranker -> Rancor

Little King's Story -> The Little King

Final Fantasy -> Not Quite Final Fantasy / Penultimate Fantasy

Half Minute Hero -> OK
    Demon's Souls -> OK
    Yggdra Union -> OK
    ...There are a lot of game titles that avoid these tropes.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Under watcher Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I almost read Final Story on the title lol. BTW the game looks quite good.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.