If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Preview - The Witcher 2: The Assassins of Kings

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
edited April 2011 in Latest Updates
CD Projekt has spent the last few years trying to create a game even richer than the Witcher. RPGamer takes a look to see if The Witcher 2 is in line to outdo it's predecessor.

[ Preview ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

• EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Epic and win. I'm glad that they're focusing on the PC version first.

Also, I'm sad that the second book got skipped for translation.
  • dbl219dbl219 New Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    The game looks absolutely incredible. I'm going to upgrade my video card solely for the sake of this game. I'm also immensely pleased that CD Projekt seems to have used the original English voice actor to play Geralt again in the sequel, based on his voice in the trailer. He rocks.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    This is going to be a very special game!
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • AaediyenAaediyen Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Yep, very special. We dont get these very often so I hope everyone checks it out and enjoys it.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Hey, a game worth caring about. It's been a while.

The original Witcher was kind of a mess, but the story was good and the setting and atmosphere were fantastic. I have high hopes for this one, presuming the combat system is as improved as it looks in previews.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I haven't played the original (yet), but this is probably one of my most anticipated games this year after Portal 2 and Deus Ex:HR. Looking forward to this one.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    There are new videos of interest on the Witcher 2 page, especially one that features the combat. We'll have them up here as soon as there's an official downloadable/embeddable version available.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I notice CDProjeck have raised the bar on their revisionist history: The Witcher's been elevated from "Best PC RPG of 2007" to "Best RPG of 2007". Next, RPG of the decade.