If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Girl Meets Dungeon in Beyond the Labyrinth

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited May 2011 in Latest Updates
An RPG planned for the 3DS that doesn't involve Zelda or Mario? Yes, Virginia, there is a tri-Ace, and they've got a little girl like you starring in their 3D dungeon crawler.

[Story]
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    From the director of Resonance of Fate, which means I need this game
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Am I the only one getting serious ICO vibes from those screenshots?
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Takayuki Suguro read Fumito Ueda's comments about ditching the girl in Trico because you could look up her skirt, then ran straight to Konami with his idea for a new game.
  • Sui-kunSui-kun Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    EmeraldSuzaku said:
    Am I the only one getting serious ICO vibes from those screenshots?

You're not the only one. I'm seen many people make the same statement. Personally, I don't think it will be "like" Ico, but it might have that kind of abstract, empty atmosphere.

I'm very eager to see more. It looks like a pretty game, and seems very custom-tailored for the 3DS's s3D capabilities what with the labyrinth-theme going on. I've said it at other sites, but s3D is best used for games with lots of depth and/or flying objects and particle effects. And there is no environment with more depth than a long, winding hallway.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    ThroneofDravaris said:
    Takayuki Suguro read Fumito Ueda's comments about ditching the girl in Trico because you could look up her skirt, then ran straight to Konami with his idea for a new game.
    Seriously. Amazingly, Suguro apparently understands the concept of PANTS. Or shorts. Or whatever cute little thing it is she's wearing under her dress that helpfully protects her modesty.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Underpants?
    edited May 2011
    Pantsu. Definitely pantsu.

Or, ya know, medieval bike shorts.
  • shademaskshademask New Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I'm getting an Ico-meets-Etrian Odyssey vibe here, mixed in with a little bit of Trace Memory.

Lordy I hope this makes it to the States.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    ThroneofDravaris said:
    Underpants?
    Nah, it's actually more like a jumper, looking at it.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    Ocelot said:
    ... or whether she's the actual main character of the game.

The interview in the scans is pretty definite on her being the main character, though there might be others. The initial concept started out as part relationship-sim, with the player having to guide the girl through the labyrinth, and it somehow metamorphosed into what we see here.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    The name of the game is "Beyond the Labyrinth."
    The plot sounds like the 80's movie "Labyrinth."
    edited May 2011
    Dance magic dance?

MOAR LIEK PANTS MAGIC PANTS!
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited May 2011
    The game looks good. This is a game I'll definitely keep in mind for the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • ashuashu Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Wow, that looks gorgeous.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    I hope the name and plot are the only things in this game like the Jim Hensen classic. The world isn't ready for Bowie's junk in 3d.