If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

XSEED Launches Website and Divulges Info on Wizardry

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The BemusedAdministrators
edited May 2011 in Latest Updates
XSEED Games has recently launched the official site for Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls. As you wait for the latest entry in this long-running RPG series, get to know about the characters you'll meet and the foes you'll defeat.

Story
Reincarnation, realization

Comments

• RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    As noted in another thread over the weekend:

[quote=Ralsu]And now Vorpal Bunnies over on the English website!

imageimage

and...
    [quote=Ralsu]Hmm. This pic invites the player to use a Growth Fruit and notes that it requires access to the Playstation Network. Looks like microtransactions are in.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I was going to say "still no date?!" but I suppose if there's still no firm date for the PSN coming back online, that's to be expected. I also came here ready to post a pic of the vorpal bunny, but I see that's been taken care of.

edit: Also, I'm hoping the growth fruit business doesn't mean the old school Wizardry standard of rolling.. and rerolling for a decent starting bonus is out now.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Jitawa said:
    edit: Also, I'm hoping the growth fruit business doesn't mean the old school Wizardry standard of rolling.. and rerolling for a decent starting bonus is out now.
    From what I remember from the demo, all the fun reroll times are still there.
  • chaoticprimechaoticprime Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I still have Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (NES), The Knight of Diamonds (NES), and Wizardry V (SNES). I cannot recommend the series to today's hardcore RPGamer, however as no plot, tons of exploration, and difficult battles are their kryptonite.

Humorously, starting attributes made little-to-no difference in combat, but were really only needed as requirements for the advanced classes like ninja.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    chaoticprime said:
    I still have Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (NES), The Knight of Diamonds (NES), and Wizardry V (SNES). I cannot recommend the series to today's hardcore RPGamer, however as no plot, tons of exploration, and difficult battles are their kryptonite.

Humorously, starting attributes made little-to-no difference in combat, but were really only needed as requirements for the advanced classes like ninja.
    Is that true?! I played through all of the original games without noticing then. I know in 6/7/8 the stats had a pretty marked impact (getting your numbers of attacks/swings up with low dex/agi.. wasn't happening). The narrative in those games was also amusing.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I really enjoyed the PS2 one that Atlus brought over many years ago, so here's to enjoying this next one! I can see this being a perfect way to start off the summer.
  • chaoticprimechaoticprime Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Jitawa said:
    Is that true?! I played through all of the original games without noticing then. I know in 6/7/8 the stats had a pretty marked impact (getting your numbers of attacks/swings up with low dex/agi.. wasn't happening). The narrative in those games was also amusing.

Wizardry 6-8 are the subject of scrutiny on their departure from the original fives games' game-play. I, personally, thought they kicked butt. But, yes, you are correct in that attributes made a difference in the last three, non-Japanese, Wizardry games.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I'm hoping for a $10.00 price tag.
    ---
    I hope they release a demo on the new PSN.