If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Join the Battle Of Orcs and Men in 2012

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited May 2011 in Latest Updates
Not too many games let players take on the role of an orc. Of Orcs and Men will give players the chance to stomp evil mankind with mighty clubs and spears.

Story

Comments

• Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Made think instantly of Warcraft.
  • Just DougJust Doug Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Work, work, work.

Seriously though, I like the idea of the opportunity to see a game from an orc's point of view (outside of Warcraft or Warhammer games, or any other strategy-type game with orcs in it--playing orcs as a faction just seems like a different beast from playing an orc protagonist).
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    Zug zug!

Spiders had a promising start in Faery, so I'm interested to see how this one comes out.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited May 2011
    lol white guilt.

Graphics look really nice though. I don't think it looks like WoW, since the art style doesn't make me want to vomit.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    ThroneofDravaris said:
    lol white guilt.

Graphics look really nice though. I don't think it looks like WoW, since the art style doesn't make me want to vomit.

White guilt?

This looks pretty interesting. I can't see it being a resounding success, but I am looking forward to seeing how this game progresses. I wonder if I'll be able to become invested in an orc trying to take revenge against humans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Feeling bad about yourself because you happen to be white I guess? Except now its human guilt.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Don't mind me. I just find the whole "noble savage fighting back against whitey" thing really dull. Maybe if they handled it with some subtlety, but something tells me a video game isn't going to succeed where half a dozen films failed.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2011
    This game interests me. I hope we at least get to choose the class of the person we're playing as. Cause from the way it looks we're going to be an assassin/rogue of some kind, and I know some people don't like that playstyle.
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number