If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Cthulhu to Unleash His Wrath on Steam

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited May 2011 in Latest Updates
Unsatisfied with tearing up the Xbox Live Indie Games platform, Cthulhu is moving his reign of terror onto Steam. He's even bringing some nice extras along with him.

Story

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited May 2011
    YAY! I saw on the Penny-Arcade forums that they hadn't heard anything in a while from their Steam contact. Good to hear it's still launching on the service.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    alright it's not stuck on Xbox live forever!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My VAPS Entry,
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2011
    This will be the greatest $3 I've ever spent!
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I take it the new dungeon will appear where the forgotten one is now? Soulcaster, eh? Yeah, the second one is very good.

I remember Zeboyd saying these new features will be added to the Xbox version in a title update, but the file size of the game is already nearing the indie game limit. Will all of these new features make it to the Live version?

Zeboyd? Yo, dude! *poke, poke*
  • chaoticprimechaoticprime Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Now there is no reason for anyone posting on these forums to not play this wonderful game.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    chaoticprime said:
    Now there is no reason for anyone posting on these forums to not play this wonderful game.

Sure there is they could be posting from the iphone/android device *two finger point pose*

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • Zeboyd GamesZeboyd Games Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    TG Barighm said:
    I take it the new dungeon will appear where the forgotten one is now? Soulcaster, eh? Yeah, the second one is very good.

I remember Zeboyd saying these new features will be added to the Xbox version in a title update, but the file size of the game is already nearing the indie game limit. Will all of these new features make it to the Live version?

Zeboyd? Yo, dude! *poke, poke*

Yeah, the new bonus dungeon is where the forgotten dungeon was located in the previous version.

The new version on XBLIG will include all of the extra features of the PC version. The limit on XBLIG is 150MBs and the most recent build of the game is 144MBs with pretty much everything new already added (there's still a little more code I need to write, but code takes up next to no space compared to art & music assets). So we made it under the limit, but we won't be able to add anything else major to the game after this (other than bug fixing and the like).
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Has a release date been announced yet?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2011
    shoptroll said:
    Has a release date been announced yet?

^This. I need to know what day to jump on this.
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • GrayWolf323GrayWolf323 Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
  • Zeboyd GamesZeboyd Games Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Probably next month (putting the finishing touches + the various paperwork/administrative stuff). Once a date has been set, we'll let you know.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.