If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Reckoning Plays Ball with Public Demo

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited May 2011 in Latest Updates
If you didn't take heed to the five reasons you should care about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, come see it for yourself. Here is a video from the PAX East public demo.

Story and Videos
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    I was there in the audience! I can even see myself if I squint. ;) I didn't write anything up because they said they were posting the whole thing anyway, though I didn't think it'd take them until May. :-p

The demonstration looks a bit fuzzy on Youtube, but rest assured that the graphics look fabulous in person. Just like Mac, this presentation converted me into an eager fan. The game looks like lots of fun.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • RosestormRosestorm Host of The Sectorcast Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I can't wait for this either, it looks like playing as a mage in this game is going to be awesome
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Wow. They exceeded my expectations. This game looks like a blast.
    ---
    Thanks for presenting the vids the way you did.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Those chakrams look like something I could have a lot of fun with. I'm glad this game is looking better and better, I'd love for it to turn out well.
    edited May 2011
    Yes, I predict that everybody will be using chakrams. :D
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I'm certain it will turn out well and I've been excited about this one since RPGamer's first article about it.

One thing I noticed about that meeting... How come there aren't ANY gamers in that crowd that aren't caucasian? I think there was ONE asian guy but that was it.
    edited May 2011
    The PAX East crowd was pretty white in general. Although one of my cosplay pictures is of an African American FF Black Mage. :D
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Ocelot said:
    one of my cosplay pictures is of an African American FF Black Mage. :D
    Um, for completely scientific research-y reasons...where is this pic?
    edited May 2011
    Our PAX East Cosplay Gallery is here. There were some really great costumes at the show.
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the link. The black Black Mage turned out to be the wrong gender for me, but the pics were neat. Scientific research shall continue.
  • CipherinthesnoWCipherinthesnoW Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    These videos were great, it's nice to finally see actual game play of Reckoning, definitely a definite play for me.