If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sekai no Iseki - Japandemonium for May 13th, 2011

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited May 2011 in Latest Updates
Here's a reason to visit northeast Japan, and it has nothing to do with video games.

Comments

• QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    The Gundam-ish Brave-the-Hard
    Close, but it's supposed to resemble the Brave Machines, notably The King of Braves, Gaogaigar.

Since I'm on a roll with torturing people with cheesy songs...

[video=youtube;fl7BJB3Lm-M]

Enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    "Pokemon Typing" is considered an RPG? O_o
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    It has Pokemon, so it must be an RPG. Right?
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Right you are!

You can visit Hiraizumi in Inindo: Way of the Ninja. The game is set in feudal Japan. I thought it was one of the provinces but I guess not.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    GA-GA-GA-GA-GA-GA-GAO_GAI_GAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. It's an interesting show.
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    Quin said:
    Close, but it's supposed to resemble the Brave Machines, notably The King of Braves, Gaogaigar.

Since I'm on a roll with torturing people with cheesy songs...

Enjoy.
    You totally beat me to this.

Monsters born from the tears of children who can't afford games and from the tears of developers of cancelled games sound like great concepts for villains in a world like Neptunia's.

Also, that new 7th Dragon looks a lot more interesting than the original, if you ask me. I wonder if this one has any better a chance at a western release than the first did...
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    TwinBahamut said:
    Also, that new 7th Dragon looks a lot more interesting than the original, if you ask me. I wonder if this one has any better a chance at a western release than the first did...
    Good question. Based on the lack of a localization of Valkyria Chronicles 3 though, I don't get the feeling Sega would be interested in doing a localization.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    Quin - I bow to your superior knowledge of giant robot series.

Cidolfas - I wrote a bit about Pokemon Typing a few weeks back, and I make a habit of reporting sales and release dates for games that I've mentioned in a column, regardless of genre. It just doesn't happen too often.

Twin - not the developers of canceled games, the developers of games that went unsold (presumably because everyone was downloading them off a torrent site).
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    GaijinMonogatari said:
    Quin - I bow to your superior knowledge of giant robot series.
    Your punishment is to go watch all of Gaogaigar. Go on, get to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    Wheels said:
    Good question. Based on the lack of a localization of Valkyria Chronicles 3 though, I don't get the feeling Sega would be interested in doing a localization.
    Lack of a localization of Valkyria Chronicles 3? It's only been six months since we got Valkyria 2, and only 4 months since Valkyria 3 has been released in Japan. It is a little early to say anything on this front.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    Quin said:
    Your punishment is to go watch all of Gaogaigar. Go on, get to it.

I think I'll pass on this, if you don't mind. :p
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Is it just me or has PSP software been on a tear lately? This week both #1 and #2 are PSP titles. It is probably a temporary situation while 3DS ramps up.