If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Hallum: Legacy of the Moon Slayer - Character Profiles and Series Updates

Comments

• SukeSuke Sexy Back Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Edited to include Entropy.
    So close...And yet so far...
  • DuceDuce Now in Lemon Flavor Full Members
    edited May 2011
    • Name: Trenzattimus “Trez” Anheim

• Birthday: Etria 25 1953

• Sexuality: Heterosexual

• Species: Muse

• Nationality: Wolfbane

• Weapon Class: Dancing-Fencer Hybrid – “Mistral Step”

• Magic Class: Runic Sage

• Job: Geneticist, Dancer

• Weapon(s): Trez carries with him a fencing foil and sabre though he only uses one in combat at a time. The foil is a more defensive weapon while the sabre is his rarely-used offensive weapon.

• Armor/Clothes: Trez is a colorful fellow, who often wears a sleeveless robin-egg blue vest along with loose-fitting forest-green pants. He secures the pants with a long light-red sash. Trez wears tan moccasins as well as a lengthy pure white scarf.

• Magical Discipline(s): Biological Alchemy, Conjuring, Metaphysical Alchemy.

• Spell(s): Can conjure any of the seventeen Auctoritae. His Metaphysical Alchemy Disciplines are in Conjuring Mana and Light Mana. His Biological Alchemy is fairly advanced, but is only usable in a laboratory setting.

• Skill(s): Is a dancer and thus has the physical ability needed to do so professionally. Is also very well versed in his areas of magic. +0 Physical Strength, +2 Physical Stamina, +3 Speed, +6 Magical Strength, +6 Mana Capacity, -7 Spiritual Strength, -7 Spiritual Stamina, Morph ability, Half-Summon Ability.

Trez uses self-created, mixed fighting style which incorporates the fluid, flourishing moves of a dancer with the tight, efficient parries of a fencer. He calls this style “Mistral Step.” It is an incredibly defensive style designed as to completely avoid as many blows as possible while still maintaining the ability to deflect pin-point attacks. The dancing also allows for the fencing aspect of the style to be used in 360 degrees, rather than being forced to keep the opponent squared and in front at all times. The downside to this style is that it has almost no offensive capability. Almost any attack that would threaten a worthy opponent would also create a gap in this style as it depends on constant movement and misdirection.

When half-summoning, Trez’s fighting style changes in accordance to what Auctoritae he is host of.

• Personality: Trez is an incorrigible flirt with warm personality as well as a hopeless romantic. He is passive aggressive and will often beat around the bush rather than speaking directly to the issue. Trez is very slow to anger, and even when does become angered, he will rarely act on the subject of his ire.

• Romance(s): None

• Ambition(s): To create the perfect woman to be his bride.

• Preference(s): Trez’s obsession in life is women and romance. Due to his upbringing, he has an appreciation for the fine arts, particularly dancing. Trez dislikes brutish activities like unnecessary fighting and conflict.

• Role: Party Member

• Appearance: When not transformed, Trez is a lithe man with bright blond hair and blue eyes. He has a light facial structure and toned muscles.

• Background: Trez was born in the city of Kunstheim. However, his passions in life rested far more towards the scientific and magical than it did to the high arts. Growing up, Trez studied what he could of conjuring magic and dabbled in sciences.

Once he had the means, Trez left his family and moved north to Bilbos in Amnas, where he studied conjuring as well as Bio Alchemy and Metaphysical Alchemy. Living alone in the city was taxing, and in order to pay for his livelihood, Trez began to dance for money. He also took up fencing as a means to defend himself against the unsavory citizens of the city. Over time, Trez merged the two together into a unique fighting and dancing style which he calls “Mistral Step.”

While undergoing his magical research, Trez also pursued his interest in science -- genetics in particular. Despite being able to take on as attractive of an appearance as he wished, Trez never had lasting luck with women. Trez had far too much faith in love, and as a result; his heart was broken one too many times. This drove him to believe that if he could not meet the perfect woman, he would have to create her through science and magic. This begun his research into the subject, which eventually began to bear fruit. However, in his research, Trez discovered that the cost of creating a person would be astronomical. These costs in mind, Trez entered the tournament in Gramtio as a possible way to gain the funds he needed for his research.

I think that’s the main stuff. If there are any outstanding items I need to alter, let me know.
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited May 2011
    For his stats, you currently have everything at his racial neutral state. You can add a -2 (as weak as possible), -1 (below average), 0 (average), +1 (above average), or +2 (as strong as possible) in each of the stat categories. For example, he has most likely maxed out his speed and magical stats (+3 and +6, respectively) due to his fluid fighting style and intense practice in magic. For his spiritual stats, they would be at -7 since he does not possess spirits, thus those stats have atrophied. You can decide where his other physical stats lie.
    ClixPsi.png
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Here we go. I have other character ideas, but I'll post them later, after I finalize them.

• Name: Romarh Comech
    • Birthday: Dio 12th, 1933
    • Species: Human
    • Nationality: Rockwell, Tana
    • Weapon Class: Master
    • Magic Class: Ruinic Mage
    • Job: Martial arts instructor (former martial arts instructor for the military)
    • Weapon(s): You don’t need weapons when you already are a weapon.
    • Armor/Clothes: Hunter-green A-shirt, an M-1951 field jacket tied around his waist, tan cargo pants, and brown combat boots.
    • Magical Discipline(s): Sealing and Barrier
    • Spell(s): Mastery of sealing magic (save the forbidden master spells), and some barrier magic, including. . .
    -Artisan's Mold (creates an average-strength movable barrier that behaves like an object chosen at time of casting. Most typically used for improvised blunt weapons, it serves other purposes in use out of combat)
    -Blinder (A basic barrier that cannot be seen through. This spell is slightly weaker than barriers of comparable mana concentration and casting time)
    -Central Line (A stronger, but slower version of Front Line)
    -Counter Siege (Can be cast on static objects [objects of constant structure] to solidify their structure with barrier magic. In addition, the barrier utilized reacts to physical force and rebounds much of the opposing force back, making the object both difficult to attack, and effective at rejecting the resistance of other objects it meets)
    -Form (Adjusts the shape of a previously cast barrier. While mana must be added to increase the size, decreasing the size uses almost no mana whatsoever)
    -Front Line (A simple barrier spell that advances in front of the target with a pre-determined shape and size. Casts very quickly)
    Note: he is only able to silent-cast the first three sealing spells. He’s working on the others, but he hasn’t quite got them down yet.

• Skill(s): Romarh is a master of a martial arts style similar to Sambo. His military training has given him many skills, including proficency with firearms and knives (though he doesn't use them anymore), can perform under extreme conditions (extreme for humans, at least), and a soldier's determination. This determination is what led him to relearn what magic he was taught in school and to learn some new magic as well. PhyStr +2, PhyStm +2, PhySpd +2, MagStr +2, MagCap +2, SprStr -2, SprStm -2
    • Personality: Romarh prefers to keep to himself more often than not. This leads him to try and figure things out on his own first before asking someone for help, even if he becomes frustrated. While it may be harder for him to learn things from others, he is very patient when he is teaching someone else.
    • Romance(s): A few here and there, but he hasn’t found “the one” yet.
    • Ambition(s): To become a grand master of his martial art (it’s like Sambo (Russian fighting style influenced by Judo).
    • Preference(s): Likes: Understanding something new, working out, music with a good beat, spicy foods. Dislikes: When people can’t explain things that make them understandable, being over prepared, really sweet foods.
    • Role: Party Member
    • Appearance: Bald, grey eyes, a nose that looks like it’s been broken a couple of times (it has), sort of a squarish head, 6’10”, and buff (come at me, bro).
    • Background: Romarh was a somewhat violent child, making school tough. His parents decided that having him learn a martial art would teach him discipline, which it did. However, school still remained difficult for him. So, after graduating, he joined up with the military. He did three terms of service before becoming a martial arts instructor for the military. After eleven years, he left the military to form his own martial arts school and to improve his magic skills. His military service and years of teaching martial arts have made him very disciplined, though he has also become slightly distanced from everyone else. Recently, he has been trying to loosen up a little while he isn’t teaching.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited June 2011
    • Name: R'lyeh Madrigal
    • Birthday: Etria 19, 1930
    • Species: Tenshikaki
    • Nationality: Tana, though Whakma, Etrian by culture.
    • Weapon Class: Priest
    • Magic Class: none
    • Spirit Class: Spiritualist
    • Job: Diplomat
    • Weapon(s): A 30 pound metal spear that stands roughly 5 feet in height.
    • Armor/Clothes: R'lyeh wears an adamantium helmet with an LED message-set across the front which he uses to communicate. He normally wears a business suit below his helmet, however. In general, very businesslike apart from his helmet. All of his clothes are fireproof. In addition, he wears black gloves with flint attached to the fingers.
    • Magical Discipline(s): none
    • Spell(s): none
    • Spirit Category(ies): Space, Raw, and Metal
    • Spirit(s): Plant: Allows R'lyeh to take any metaphysical energy of his own and place it with a set parameter of activation, such as pressure or motion.
    Vitamancy: Specifically allows for explosions of varying sizes to appear at his behest. It also allows him to control blood, and to regenerate his own.
    Unnamed metal spirit: allows him to draw in metal that he is in direct contact with into his body, or expel said metals from his body. He can also move said metal around in his body and can hold up to 25% of his weight, or 50 pounds worth of metal.
    • Combination(s): none
    • Skill(s): Flame mode. Flight. PhyStr: +1, PhySta: 0, Speed: +4, SpirStr: +7, SpirSta: +7 (and in flame mode, +2 for PhySta)
    • Personality: R'lyeh's personality is rather unknown to most, given that his face has never been seen, and his contact with most outsiders has only been during diplomatic business. However, his attitude is one of total confidence in the Hateshiganai empire. In battle, he stays cool and tends to stand his ground, though is quite capable of advancing on people and ending battles quickly. He also seems to be somewhat haughty in battle, as he is not generally in them to win for himself, but to win for Etreo.
    • Romance(s): various
    • Ambition(s): To see the world under the Hateshiganai flag
    • Preference(s): Likes: Books, classical architecture, and visiting foreign countries. He dislikes the people of Rolandd (though not in public), as well as the country of Zotta.
    • Role: Boss
    • Appearance: Though his face has never been seen in public, R'lyeh has removed his shirt during fights. His skin is very pale and he is well-built. He does have various scars across his body from unknown sources. Though he has not always owned his Adamantium helmet, during his previous appearances in public, he has always worn a helmet and has never spoken.
    • Background: R'lyeh was born in Tana as Gary Stoppard. Stoppard, a Phoenix, created by Raiken medical, kept mostly to himself during earlier years. Developing himself spiritually and learning about the world. His favorite nation was Etreo and he became dedicated to becoming a member of the Hateshiganai Empire. He changed his name to R'lyeh Madrigal, a more Etrean name and began to compete in the World Tournaments, always wearing a helmet to protect his head and hide his face from the public eye, stating (through writing) that he wished to represent the Etrean ideal, that since Etreo contained so much of the worlds mass, it's people were diverse, and could not be represented by a single face. He won the World Tournaments during 1965, after which, he was officially excepted as a member of the Hateshiganai empire, and relocated to Etreo. He has since become the Chief Diplomat of the Empire, representing them at foreign conferences. He also entered the 1970 World Tournament and again, won. However, he mainly disappeared from the fighting ring during the 1970's, doing official business. However, in the past few years he has resurfaced and has now entered the 1980 World Tournament, with a new helmet and the addition of wings.
    edited June 2011
    Here are the rules for the tournament:

1. If you are outside of the arena for more than 10 seconds, you are disqualified. This includes being outside of the arena's airspace (~50 feet off of the arena floor). Don't try to fool the sensors; they are reading each competitor's soul data.
    2. The round is over only once a person has been KO'd, killed, or forfeited. In the case of more than one character being KO'd/killed in a single post, then I will use a random number generator to decide the outcome (I don't want it to turn into a pissing contest of "My character remained conscious longer").
    3. Everyone has 24 hours to respond. If not, any attacks WILL connect, automatically. Also, in this first round, try to respect the flow of time. For example, A attacks B, and B does not respond in time. Thus, A moves on to battling C. When B finally posts, B is asked not to suddenly start attacking A, ignoring all interactions between A and C.
    ClixPsi.png
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I was actually curious about this for myself, but now that Zalera's done it i guess I'll ask for the both of us: can duplicates use the same skills/magic/spirits as the original?
  • ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Oh, right. Darn it! I should've asked that first. Well, anyway... can duplicates do that? If not, I'll just edit my post.
    edited June 2011
    The spell Duplicate makes basically a spatial after image. The copy cannot move or do anything. It's more for a diversion.
    ClixPsi.png
  • ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Okay. I better edit my post so it wouldn't look like I'm cheating.
    edited June 2011
    Let me know if you want the evening to end and for us to progress to the next day of the tournament, please.
    ClixPsi.png
  • ShethSheth Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    In interest of not coming across looking absolutely goddamn ridiculous, I've made public a total inventory of Jeane's reamaining ammunition (for the duration of the tournament.)

Reamaining:
    60% animus: (~1 dozen normal electrical spells[or less, at GM discretion, if I've misjudged the ratio of master spells mana: normal spells mana])
    1 Space: (Singulus, Tractus, Pocket Space, Recall.)

Consumed:
    2 canisters, barriers only (emptied in entirety between the first and second rounds)
    1 Space canister: Field of snakes, four Singulus, depleted in rounds 1 and 2)
    ~40% animus magic (consumed 40% in two master spells
    1 Animus canister: Fire spells, consumed in entirety in round 1
    1 ??? - A canister used through the preliminary rounds. Contents are arbitrary.

So, in conclusion, 5.4 of 7 pre-prepared canisters have been used as of now. Jeane has three rings, which serve as release valves, remaining, after blowing one up in round 1, but one is entirely useless at this stage in the game as she no longer has three separate containers with which to cast from. This is roughly the model I've been working through from the beginning, (originally included eight capsules, one was dropped for the sake of creative flavor for this match,) and I'll make sure to keep this clear to you all in the OOC from now on. To those who may have found my concealed repertoire offensive, I'll apologize. I didn't want to confuse the intricacy of Jeane's homebrew arsenal as something commonly observable by a character, so I didn't keep you all filled in, but I suppose that invited more confusion by the players than it was worth. Sorry Clix!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Well, thanks for being open with it, so it's easier for me, the referee.
    ClixPsi.png
  • icbmalariaicbmalaria Let Mom sleep Full Members
    edited June 2011
    (Joining a little late. Here's a janitor)

Name: Asante Kei
    Birthday: Etria 26, 1960
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Species: Human/Sandman
    Nationality: Mas Wata - Alana
    Weapon Class: Guard
    Magic Class: Runic Mage
    Spirit Class: Geomancer
    Job: Janitor and Construction
    Weapon(s): Spear
    Armor/Clothes: He wears sturdy armor and carries a strong shield. When at work he wears a typical janitor’s or construction uniform. Outside of work he dresses in old t-shirts and jeans.
    Magical Discipline(s): Illusion, Entropy
    Spell(s): Mastered Illusion & Entropy
    Spirit Category(ies): Earth
    Spirit(s): Geomancy
    Combination(s): Will make up as we go.
    Skill(s): Sand form.
    PhyStr +2, PhyStm +1.5, PhySpd +0.5 , MagStr +1, ManCap +1, SprStr +3.5, SprStm +3. Combination Strength: 6.75
    Personality: He comes off as a bit apathetic and sometimes bitter. He won’t hesitate to criticize someone when they deserve it. It's hard for him to admit that he actually cares about someone or something.
    Romance(s): None at the moment.
    Ambition(s): Help people. Make something of himself. Finding something that makes him happy.
    Preference(s): Likes the sense of accomplishment from completing a job, task, or fight. Hard work is important to him. Likes swing music.
    Hates it when people look down on him or pity him. Dislikes feeling like he’s giving up his life to provide for his family and also dislikes that he feels that way.
    Role: Party Member
    Appearance: 6’0’’ and dark brown eyes. Due to being mixed, his skin tone is somewhere in between white and black. He usually He keeps his black hair buzzed short. He’s fairly muscular mostly thanks to all the physical labor jobs in the past. Kei usually appears exhausted, with some weary look on his face.
    Background: Asante was born into a poor family in Mas Awata. His father was an alcoholic and his mother never seemed to care much about anything so they pretty much left him to raise his younger sister and brother. An accident left his father badly injured and thanks to his mother having no concept of responsibility, Asante had to abandon college and find work until his father recovered. He moved to Tana and found work doing various things such as construction, and lately, janitorial work. He sends most of his earnings back home and struggles to make it by each day. His father eventually recovered and recently went back to work. However, Asante saw no need to return home and continued working to save money to finish school.

His latest job involves him repairing the arenas at the Tournament Fair Grounds after a match, which is much harder than it sounds thanks to combatants usually blowing it up in ridiculous, chaotic ways. He cleans the stadiums and other parts of the complex as well. Absolutely hates it, but working there has encouraged him to become a fighter. He practices combat and magic whenever he gets the chance. And though he likes to dream he can become good enough to win a tournament (and all the money), he remains what he considers realistic and continues working in undesirable jobs.
    edited June 2011
    Since Sheth did it, here's the specifics of what Janet has

(Gun types are human world equivalent)
    IMI Desert Eagle Pistol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Eagle):
    Each Clip holds 7 bullets (.50 mm)
    Destruction: Phi 4 Clips
    Sealing: Nurho 2 Clips
    Healing: Alpha 3 Clip (doesn’t contain physical bullets)
    Time: Mu 3 Clips

Shot-gun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Shotgun-latrun-exhibition-1.jpg):
    Chamber holds up to 6 shells at a time; pump action; buckshot
    Destruction: Phi 15 Shells
    Barriers Nupsi: 8 Shells
    Mind Psi: 7 Shells

M40 Sniper Rifle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_%28rifle%29):
    Each clip holds 5 cartridges (7.62 x .51mm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62_%C3%97_51_mm_NATO)
    Bound Lungs (only one clip – 4 bullets – that she’s only supposed to use for jobs)
    Destruction: Phi (4 clips)

What she takes into fight with Luna:
    Pistol:
    1 destruction clip
    1 healing clip
    1 sealing clip
    1 time clip

Starting with sealing clip

Shot-gun:
    6 Destruction Shells
    3 Barrier Shells
    3 Illusion Shells

Starting with chamber as follows: barrier then illusion then barrier then illusion then destruction then barrier

I'll update it periodically to keep up with what all she has remaining
    edited June 2011
    IMPORTANT

Hate to spring this up on everyone, but I've done some reorganizing of Hallum's magic schools. For the longest time, Runic existed as a catch-all as more and more magic was invented for the series. I think that's done now. Thus, I have now divided up the Runic School into eight schools. That means anyone with the title Runic Pupil/Mage/Sage need to change their class to reflect the new system. For example, a Runic Sage that had started out with thanamancy would now be a Nex Sage. Using the following link to help figure out the changes. I have also added a bunch of new master spells, dubbed capstone spells. Basically, every discipline except Alchemy, Inscription, Conjuring, and Shamanism has a capstone spell that signifies that caster has officially mastered that discipline. Most of you all are familiar with previously existing capstone spells like Chaos and Vita. Now there are twenty two, and quite a few are new ones.

http://clix-psi.livejournal.com/8449.html
    ClixPsi.png
  • SaturnSaturn What the...? Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Rawr. I got caught up on the thread finally. .___.
    ...?
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Saturn wrote: »
    Rawr. I got caught up on the thread finally. .___.

*Glomps Sat*
    que?
    edited June 2011
    Clix wrote: »
    IMPORTANT

Hate to spring this up on everyone, but I've done some reorganizing of Hallum's magic schools. For the longest time, Runic existed as a catch-all as more and more magic was invented for the series. I think that's done now. Thus, I have now divided up the Runic School into eight schools. That means anyone with the title Runic Pupil/Mage/Sage need to change their class to reflect the new system. For example, a Runic Sage that had started out with thanamancy would now be a Nex Sage. Using the following link to help figure out the changes. I have also added a bunch of new master spells, dubbed capstone spells. Basically, every discipline except Alchemy, Inscription, Conjuring, and Shamanism has a capstone spell that signifies that caster has officially mastered that discipline. Most of you all are familiar with previously existing capstone spells like Chaos and Vita. Now there are twenty two, and quite a few are new ones.

http://clix-psi.livejournal.com/8449.html

Whoo-hoo! Conjuring-Alchemic Sage! I got no idea what kind of magic school I am!

I'm guessing Imperium-Alchemy, but even if it's not, it probably doesn't matter considering no matter what I don't have a specific capstone spell. Ballin'.
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
    edited June 2011
    It'd be Runic Sage, since alchemy is your first discipline. The first discipline determines the title. Basically, he would have started out as a Runic Pupil. Well, it'd be weird if his title kept dramatically changing as learned different magic. Thus, as he learned more, it advanced from Runic Pupil, to Runic Mage, to Runic Sage.
    ClixPsi.png
    edited July 2011
    Can I get about a 30 minute extension until I have to post? There's a slim chance I won't be back home in time tonight.
    que?
    edited July 2011
    OK, I'll move on in the afternoon of 11th. Any characters that have not posted as having received the message will probably get cut out then, unless you can contact me on the 11th, prior to my posting or sometime 12 hours after to let me know something was up.
    ClixPsi.png
  • ShethSheth Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    You all have highly unfriendly-to-minors characters. SCARE SCARE SCARE all day. I have now plastered a mental image of a dio-style face on all of your characters. Most of you can stop time anyway, so it seems fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Hey. Depending on their gender and...maturity, Trez might be very friendly to minors. You never know.
    edited July 2011
    Duce wrote: »
    Hey. Depending on their gender and...maturity, Trez might be very friendly to minors. You never know.

Maturity being breasts I assume.
    que?
    edited July 2011
    Bolts wrote: »
    Maturity being breasts I assume.

Of course not! Get your mind out of the gutter! I naturally mean someone who has emotionally and mentally matured, and carries him or herself as an adult regardless of biological age. This also includes the spiritual connection of souls in a world where shallowness and double-crossings too often prevail over virtues such as loyalty, honesty and love.

But if they have big titties, it certainly does't hurt.
    edited July 2011
    *Makes a note to hit Trez extra hard next time.*
    que?
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Vendetta's fine with kids, he used to be in the police force, it's their job to try to stay on good terms with the youth.
    edited July 2011
    Janet's socially awkward. It's got nothing to do with minors... it's just people in general XD
  • SukeSuke Sexy Back Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Riley is extremely good with kids, especially pubescent to adolescent girls.
    So close...And yet so far...