If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Aldorlea Games Releases Sylia

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited May 2011 in Latest Updates
Aldorlea Games is well known for any of its independent game efforts, but this is the first we've covered on RPGamer. Their latest, titled Sylia, showcases what happens when the world is attacked by three large Cubes.

Story

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited May 2011
    It's actually Aldorlea, not Adorlea. *fixes where I can*
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited May 2011
    RPG Maker tools surely are not as weak as they seem. This game looks interesting but I'll wait for your review.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    LordKaiser said:
    RPG Maker tools surely are not as weak as they seem. This game looks interesting but I'll wait for your review.

It certainly does look interesting. :) As for a review, I don't know who will be reviewing it for us, but maybe you'll see a review in the future!
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I've been a fan of their games for a while, working through Asguaard and Millennium at the moment. They do tend to lack full explanations for things like what different status effects do, but usually you can figure it out within a use or two of them. They also have one of the longest series of RPGmaker games, with the Laxius series being 7 long in total (Including Laxius Power 1-3).

What I find most impressive is that they put out games faster than I find the time to finish them. That's a difficult thing for a company to do, considering the number of hours I log every week on games :)
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I think there are several developers releasing games on their site, they once said something like that.
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Ow... that artwork looks painful.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Rya: Yeah, there are, but even just taking Aldorlea's work into consideration, they release a game about as fast if not faster than I finish them.
  • Sam = WiseSam = Wise Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Cidolfas said:
    Ow... that artwork looks painful.

I get a strong Disney Princesses vibe.