If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny Coming to North America

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited May 2011 in Latest Updates
Rune Factory fans should get their beach gear ready, as Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny is making a splash in North America. Meanwhile, this editor needs to formally announce her marriage to Natsume this year. Dear Natsume: Please take my money. I don't need it.

Story

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    You have no idea how hard it was to keep this secret :(
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    Paws said:
    You have no idea how hard it was to keep this secret :(

I don't doubt it. I'm just so happy it's becoming a reality!
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    We've been having fun coming up with new subtitles for this one on staff chat (and by "we," I mean me and Nyx). I prefer Rune Factory: Victor/Victoria Bikini Beach Party. I hope it has quests like Rune Factory 3 did; that added so much to the game.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited May 2011
    It LOOKS right up my alley but what is the gameplay like in this game? Do you know?
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    It LOOKS right up my alley but what is the gameplay like in this game? Do you know?

As far as the gameplay goes it plays closer to Rune Factory Frontier on the Wii. The biggest mechanic change here is the ability to swap genders, and move through the different island nations and using Ymir (the moving island) to fight sea monsters. That's about as much as has been detailed prior to this announcement.. at least from what I know of. Oh, and bikini fun times!
    edited May 2011
    And no Runey system, thank the great farming-sim gods.
    edited May 2011
    OK. I didn't mention that I don't really know what any Rune Factory game in the series is like. But Ocelot says it's a farming simulator? If that's the case, do any of you like it better or less than Harvest Moon games? A farming simulator sounds fun, though.
    edited May 2011
    It's sort of Torchlight meets Harvest Moon; you have equal parts running a farm and all that entails (crops, animals) with the regular HM fare (relationships, festivals) combined with action-RPG dungeon crawling. The fighting parts are what advance the main storyline, while the friendships/romances fill in the plot details.
  • dart2087dart2087 New Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    It looks interesting.
    I just finished my true HD Final Fantasy... Lost Odyssey.
  • WyrdwadWyrdwad Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I do have to wonder, though, why they changed the simple and elegant subtitle "Oceans" to the EXCEPTIONALLY CHEESY subtitle "Tides of Destiny." Seriously, does ANYONE actually think that sounds better? (:

-Tom
    edited May 2011
    They've renamed essentially every Harvest Moon in the last...5+ years? At this point, I'd find it unusual if they didn't.
    edited May 2011
    Paws said:
    It's sort of Torchlight meets Harvest Moon; you have equal parts running a farm and all that entails (crops, animals) with the regular HM fare (relationships, festivals) combined with action-RPG dungeon crawling. The fighting parts are what advance the main storyline, while the friendships/romances fill in the plot details.

What?! Are you playing around with me? That has got to be the coolest freaking game I've ever heard of! How can there only be like five of us in this room acting excited about this game? That's on the list as of RIGHT now!
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited May 2011
    I don't know about excited, but the game certainlky has piqued my interest. I'll probably want to check out the earlier games in the series first, though.
    Reincarnation, realization
    edited May 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    What?! Are you playing around with me? That has got to be the coolest freaking game I've ever heard of! How can there only be like five of us in this room acting excited about this game? That's on the list as of RIGHT now!
    Heh heh, if that description alone got you all jazzed, you can go check it out right now. There are three Rune Factory games on the DS and one for the Wii already! Seriously, you should check out Rune Factory 3 on the DS, it's the best portable entry in the series and is a ton of fun.
    edited May 2011
    I would like to play those other Rune Factory games but I only have a PS3. I don't have portable systems. Yeah, this is gonna be sweet. I can't wait to start going out with anime girls in the evening and dungeon crawling in the morning. That's the life for me.