If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Persona 2 Coming to North America

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited May 2011 in Latest Updates
The arrival of Persona 2: Innocent Sin in North America was probably inevitable. It is also inevitable that this news will trigger a celebration.

[Link]

Comments

• Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Awesomesauce!!!
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    This will be a day long remembered.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Wooooo0000!
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I am looking forward to this more than any other title. More than Diablo III or Guild Wars 2, and those have me drooling whenever a new update goes live. This is going to be a good fall!
  • Zeboyd GamesZeboyd Games Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I should be excited for this, but mostly, I just wish Atlus would get back to making great RPGs on the home consoles like they did on the PS2. But then again, that's more of a problem with Japan in general.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2011
    I will get this game Day One.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    Zeboyd Games said:
    I should be excited for this, but mostly, I just wish Atlus would get back to making great RPGs on the home consoles like they did on the PS2. But then again, that's more of a problem with Japan in general.

Well I should think that will happen now that the Persona team is done with Catherine.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Wheels said:
    Well I should think that will happen now that the Persona team is done with Catherine.

I thought they were already working on a "Next-Gen Persona" project before Catherine was announced.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • storino03storino03 Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I'll probably get it. I have P3: Portable and Persona that I haven't even opened/played, though I did play Persona 3 on the PS2.
    www.backloggery.com/storino03
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited May 2011
    EmeraldSuzaku said:
    This will be a day long remembered.

Damnit I came into the thread with the express intent on typing just that!

anyhoo, this news is epic! I remember playing an import/bootleg of this when it came out and finally got stuck about 10 hours in due to language barrier. Imagine my surprise when I went to gamefaqs for help and I was PASSED their progress (at the time).

Had to give up but now, it's game time.
    sup?
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    This coming out almost makes me regret importing the thing years ago. Almost.
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I've only played Persona 3 Portable, yet I have the entire English SMT series. I've got some catch up to do >XD
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2011
    Zaku77 said:
    I've only played Persona 3 Portable, yet I have the entire English SMT series. I've got some catch up to do >XD

Yes you do. As a warning, none of the games are easy, and I say that because in a majority of them, if the main character dies, it's game over. And the enemies WILL exploit that by constantly targeting the main character in every way, shape, and form. I can't tell you how many times I got killed in Nocturne because the enemies all aimed at the MC for 5 turns, even though I had 3 other demons destroying them. <_<
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • sirsniffysirsniffy Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I wanted this game so bad I got a "fan translation", burnt it to a disc, bought an expensive PSX swap disc, and do a bizarre "Open the PSX cover and press the disc spin button" ritual everytime I want to play.

So happy it's coming out here!
  • chaoticprimechaoticprime Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    So, this game is an awful remake for the following reasons: the wider screen shows you off-screen elements not meant to be seen, such as NPCs standing behind closed doors waiting for their conversation cue to enter a room. They removed all swastikas, and Hitler is now called Fuhrer--and has sunglasses on. All references to homosexuality have been removed. All of these are from the mouth of Tom, the guy who translated the PSX version of Persona 2: Innocent Sin. I trust him implicitly.