If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

DeathSpank Returns in The Baconing

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited May 2011 in Latest Updates
Looks like DeathSpank is living high off the hog in his third game. Help him sow the seeds of justice as he quests for the Fires of Bacon.

[Don't kill me for that blurb!]
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I wanted to like you Deathspank, but your last adventure had gamebreaking bugs.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    Oh how I laughed...
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited May 2011
    So he killed her?!
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • NekobasuNekobasu RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    Hamming it up, like always.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    HotHead also announced that they're making a game based on the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but there aren't any details on that yet.

So yay for HotHead! I love these guys.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • MaddocMaddoc Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    the humor in DeathSpank feels really, really forced to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XerainXerain Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    To bad Bacon is now considered one of the worst carcinogens out there. At least until they remember how they used to make it before sodium nitrate and monosodium glutamate were invented.
    I miss my old prettiful sig.
  • LobsterLobster Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Maddoc said:
    the humor in DeathSpank feels really, really forced to me

Seriously. Thongs? Bacon? It's like they're sitting around in a board room somewhere asking each other what's popular with the kids these days.
    Xerain said:
    To bad Bacon is now considered one of the worst carcinogens out there. At least until they remember how they used to make it before sodium nitrate and monosodium glutamate were invented.

Then try not to eat the game.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    I'm curious who their new publisher is going to be.
    edited May 2011
    Xerain said:
    That's what makes it so scary!

Didn't you see that font? Spooky stuff.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited May 2011
    LOL People spend to many time on Wikipedia. I wonder how Deathspank
    Spoiler:
    Survived considering that he died in the "Good Ending" Did he killed Sandy?
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited May 2011
    LordKaiser said:
    LOL People spend to many time on Wikipedia. I wonder how Deathspank
    Spoiler:
    Survived considering that he died in the "Good Ending" Did he killed Sandy?
    Considering that the "good" ending means you get to skip the final boss, I don't think it's the canonical ending.
    Follow me on Twitter
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I was really excited for this series, right up until I saw the first video showing off the dialog. It was like, oh no. No. Damn.
  • Gideon ZhiGideon Zhi Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    To be followed by DeathSpank IV - Still Yet More Of The Same. Thanks, but no thanks.