If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

List of Current Generation RPGs

13»

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2013
    It's because Konami doesn't care about Suikoden anymore. Q_Q
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited May 2013
    I wish these guys would give their pride a break and license the games they've lost interest in. I'm sure some smaller studio would love a chance to resurrect a series like that.
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Just thinking about Suikoden 2 makes me sad. One of the greatest games in the genre, easily on par with system sellers like Final Fantasy, yet the extremely limited accessibility means very few have played it. Generally speaking the entire genre is full of games that could be revived with a bang (wasn't there a game called Final Fantasy VII?), which for inexplicable reasons doesn't happen. Of course I can't imagine putting Suikoden 2 on PSN should be much more complicated than uploading the ISO to a website, so that's just negligence.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited November 2014
    Necromancy!

I'm going to do my best to actually complete these lists and then make a list for PS4 rpgs if that is okay with the staff. The completion of these lists will still take some time as I do not have much free time and the time I do have is spent playing lots of games this time of the year.

Done with all the PS3 games I could find. Next time, I will move PSN titles to the PS3 section and maybe try to do the Xbox 360 list.
  • daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    edited November 2014
    Nim wrote: »
    Necromancy!

I'm going to do my best to actually complete these lists and then make a list for PS4 rpgs if that is okay with the staff. The completion of these lists will still take some time as I do not have much free time and the time I do have is spent playing lots of games this time of the year.

Done with all the PS3 games I could find. Next time, I will move PSN titles to the PS3 section and maybe try to do the Xbox 360 list.

Growlanser: Heritage of War is available on the PSN as a PS2 classic (In NA at least, not sure about Europe).

If there's interest, I could attempt to compile a list of PC RPGs for this thread... The question is what year do I start from?
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited November 2014
    I don't think that would be wise. (You are free to do it if you wish.) I contemplated the idea but decided to not go through with it as it would probably need a separate thread due to the sheer amount of games one would have to list. A crazy amount of indie plus bigger rpgs. Why I didn't do PC was because I want everything included in a list like this, if I am the one making it.
  • daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    edited November 2014
    I think it will be manageable as long as I limit it to commercial, single-player RPGs that have a confirmed release date. Not including freeware / donation-ware also eliminates a lot of crap / half-finished games (there's certainly a few excellent free games like Heroine's Quest but they're few and few between). I'm also thinking that perhaps I should exclude games that have been marketed as RPGs, but actually lack the elements most people associate with the RPG genre (e.g., character statistics, character progression like leveling up, etc.); so games that are better classified as adventure games like Unrest and Always Sometimes Monsters would not be included.

However, perhaps I should create my own thread... as the list will still get pretty long and possibly of limited interest here, since this forum seems to gravitate more to console RPGs.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited November 2014
    A new thread would probably be best as the PC market has as many rpgs as all of the systems combined in this thread. (I play a lot of games on PC, but I do understand what you mean.)
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited November 2014
    daveyd wrote: »
    I think it will be manageable as long as I limit it to commercial, single-player RPGs that have a confirmed release date. Not including freeware / donation-ware also eliminates a lot of crap / half-finished games (there's certainly a few excellent free games like Heroine's Quest but they're few and few between). I'm also thinking that perhaps I should exclude games that have been marketed as RPGs, but actually lack the elements most people associate with the RPG genre (e.g., character statistics, character progression like leveling up, etc.); so games that do not offer any sort of are really pure adventure games like Unrest and Always Sometimes Monsters would not be included.

However, perhaps I should create my own thread... as the list will still get pretty long and possibly of limited interest here, since this forum seems to gravitate more to console RPGs.

If you do want to do this, we could have you post your list in this thread, and then edit in a link to it from Nim's original posts. This method would allow users to see that there is a list for PC RPGs and have easy access to it if they choose, but not be overwhelmed by adding directly to what is already a very long list of games.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    Is this thread something people are still interested in? I could update it further, but there are probably better lists on big dedicated gaming sites. If there is interest for this still, I might as well go on with XB1 and PS4 lists.
  • ginosaturatedginosaturated Full Members
    Thank you this, I'll be trying out some of the games :)