If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Square Enix Announces Heroes of Ruin

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited June 2011 in Latest Updates
Nintendo has entered the brave old world of online co-op gaming with the 3DS, and Heroes of Ruin is taking advantage of that fact. That's right, you can now dungeon crawl with your friend from Pittsburgh without the unpleasant experience of actually visiting Pittsburgh.
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Nice screens.

Hoping this turns out better than the Crystal Chronicles crawls
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • MaddocMaddoc Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    shoptroll said:
    Nice screens.

Hoping this turns out better than the Crystal Chronicles crawls

The original Crystal Chronicles was excellent, and I will fight anyone who says different.

Never played any of the other ones, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
  • RazaRaza Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Uh, why the hate on Pittsburgh? That's kinda childish. I've been there many times, and it's quite a nice city.

Also, nice graphics for DS.
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    Blurbs are not to be taken seriously, yo.
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited June 2011
    Maddoc said:
    The original Crystal Chronicles was excellent, and I will fight anyone who says different.

Never played any of the other ones, though.

I have, and they were terrible. I agree about the first one, though.
  • MinneyarMinneyar Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I'll chip in with the obligatory dissenting opinion and say that I thought the DS Crystal Chronicle games were great. I spent quite a bit of time in multiplayer with both of them.

I actually thought the first one had a pretty entertaining single player story, too, and they were both very well-written. Even though the second one's story wasn't as engaging, I still went around talking to every NPC after every plot point just to read all of the dialog. I can see how the gameplay wouldn't be as enjoyable if you're playing through them single-player, though.

The Wii CC game was mediocre at best, though.
  • Options
    Unknown Unregistered / Not Logged In
    edited June 2011
    Saying it isn't to be taken seriously isn't an excuse to crack jokes about someone's home. It was unprofessional.
    edited June 2011
    OK, anybody who is a fan of Pittsburgh can pretend I said "Toronto," where I live. Lighten up, folks.
    edited June 2011
    HJ+ said:
    I have, and they were terrible. I agree about the first one, though.

I liked CC the first. Echoes of Time was just mind numbingly dull.
    Minneyar said:
    The Wii CC game was mediocre at best, though.

It's not a real Wii game. It's a DS emulator running on the Wii with minimal improvements at best.
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    I'm offended you'd imply Toronto is the garbage hole it actually is.

Grr Becky. Grr!
    edited June 2011
    Good thing you could play Heroes of Ruin with me on-line and thus avoid the unpleasant experience of actually visiting Toronto. If I were to buy Heroes of Ruin, that is, which isn't something I've decided yet. :)
    edited June 2011
    Most excellent. We shall do RPGamer girlie night and complain about the Go system.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    You guys coulda used Albuquerue, NM or Groton, CT. Both cities aren't that great. Heck the Navy guys in Groton called it Rotten Groton.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
    edited June 2011
    Feh, Groton. You want a CT city to bash? You go with Bridgeport.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    shoptroll said:
    Feh, Groton. You want a CT city to bash? You go with Bridgeport.

I dunno man, New Haven actually has a higher crime rate. I stick to Waterbury bashing myself though.
    edited June 2011
    Okay, I know I started this mess, but now I'mma clean it up. Go trash your city of choice in Misc :inlove:

On topic, I'm definitely interested in the game. I've always been planning to get a 3DS, so it's just a matter of when the titles I'm looking for come out. It's reassuring to see more stuff I'm going to be playing coming.