If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Hallum: Legacy of the Moon Slayer

ClixClix ListmasterFull Members
edited May 2012 in Saving Throw Gaming
"In one t'ousand years, a Meikyou s'all beget a Meikyou. In a world of two Aet'ers, a series of events will be set in motion, and 'allum s'all not be left t'e same."

-Schambregella Siare, 978 AP

"I said, 'I knew what I was from the start. "Why did Lady Schambregella adopt me," I would ask myself. I still do not know why, but I learned long ago to accept that simple fact. The only one privy to your thoughts is Dai Gratu, is it not?'

Schambregella turned towards me and responded in her soft whisper of a voice, 'Far from it, my dear. I 'ave anot'er pawn or two w'o know my plots. True it is t'at Dai Gratu knows about my sc'emes, but is 'e not our omnipotent Director? Fate is Dai Gratu in action. Many people live ordinary lives, but sometimes a select few are c'oosen by Dai Gratu to act out one long epic--a piece of beauty t'at s'all not end for anot'er t'ree 'undred years.'"

-Cherub Gabriel, Memoirs of Two Lives; recalled event from 1736.

CHAPTER 1: Meikyou XIV

"Welcome, everyone, to the greatest event of the new decade!!" A load, jubilant voice echoed through the fair grounds. Half a million were gathered for this event, people from all over the free world. Stalls of food and worthless trinkets lined the pathways, and five stadiums stretched across the four corners of the fair grounds, with the fifth and largest in the dead center. The magnificent place from above looked like a dice that landed with the five dots on top. The spectacle hardly gave rise to the historical value of this place. The stadium in the northwest quadrant was different from all the rest. Though well maintained, if not by this point merely a replica, the stadium had stood its ground for four millenniums. The ancient home of warriors, Gramtio, had evolved into an international festival of martial arts. In one hour, the true festivities would begin.

"Charlie," another voice in the intercom system spoke, correcting his co-host, "This is not the start of a new decade." The second man spoke in a dryer fashion. Clearly some higher ups felt that the festival's main announcers should be part of a straight man and wise guy routine.

"...You can't do math?!" Charlie explained, shocked and dismayed at his co-host's apparently stupidity.

The co-host, Dr. William, chuckled slightly and clarified, "My good man, there was no year 0. We went from -1 to 1 AP. Thus, the first decade would be 1 AP to 10 AP. Thus, 1980 AP is the final year of the 1970s."

For about thirty seconds, no other voice was heard on the intercom. Finally, Dr. William spoke up again, "Again, welcome folks to the International Gramtio Fair Grounds. On behalf of our sponsors, we are pleased to see such a fine turn out. Today is the day for the true festivities to begin. After a rigorous elimination process, we have determined brackets of the 395th World Championship Tournament. The grand ceremony will begin in the Rockwell Bowl in one hour. From there, please proceed to one of the four stadiums as indicated by your admissions ticket--"

"And don't think on trying to change stadiums! You will be caught and regret it!!"

"Speaking from experience, Charlie?" Charlie once more went silent, but this time Dr. William quickly resumed his introduction speech. "Again, the ceremony will begin at noon at the Rockwell Bowl. Finalists, please report to the Check-In Office at the Rockwell Bowl as soon as possible."

"Seeya later!!"

And thus for some, the festival resumed, unchanged by the silly commentary. A few began to line up for their seats in the central stadium, but nearly everyone continued to wander about, some trying to grab a bite to eat--the overpriced foods on the festival grounds were cheaper than the notorious bites served at the stadiums. For twenty people, however, the festival had really begun.

"Which way is it?" A young woman in a fairly revealing, though sporting outfit asked an older woman dressed in purple and indigo.

A bitter reply came, "Just shut up and follow me. I know where I'm going."

The two women arrived at the Check-In Office, where about a dozen people had already gathered.

"Welcome, names please," ordered a small man with large spectacle glasses, holding a small order form on a clip-board.

"Farida Satpathy," answered the older woman.

"Luna Satpathy," answered the younger woman.

The little man smiled, "So many families competing this year. What a nice way to bond." He pointed over to his left, where some of the other competitors were already gathered. "Please take a seat over there. Or stand."

The eleven already gathered were quite a bizarre bunch. Two were easily recognizable, due to their fame. The older of the two was the C.E.O. of Raiken Corp. and the winner of the 1950, 1955, and 1960 World Championships. Accompanying her was her equally infamous daughter, winner of the 1975 World Championship. The young daughter saw the new arrivals and waved.

"Hello!! Welcome! A lot of new faces this year," she remarked.

Her mother saw Farida and asked, "Ms. Satpathy? You've finally decided to come out of hiding? This will be a tournament to remember. I was wise to come out of retirement for this tournament. I fear this may be my last time here. And you, you must be little Luna. ...Well, you were little last time I saw you. 19?"

"In two months," the teenage responded.

"Right, right... Hikage 17... Awful day that was... I am glad to see you in good health. Good luck in the tournament. If we are in the same division, I promise to play nice for my cute little godchild."

Luna did not smirk or even show much warmth towards her godmother's words. "If we must battle, do not hold back."

Pinyana, the daughter, interrupted. "We've got to battle! I can't wait! I hear you've been trained for years; boy this will be fun. Show me what you've learn, girlfriend!"

Luna stared at the slightly older woman with an uncertain discontent. "...Sure."

Farida cut in, "Aunt Marie, who all is in attendance so far?"

The business woman turned around and began to point out the other nine contestants from right to left. "That's Mr. Vandort, a Gratian private detective. Next we have a husband and wife couple, the Thanos family. The wife is a chef, and the husband is a police officer. Both work in Rockwell. The man in leather undressing everyone from behind his shades goes by the name Eycopefield. Keep away from that pervert. Farther off is Mr. Comech."

"Right, I recognized him from the past tournaments," Farida remarked.

"The gaudy man making poses is Riley. I hear he's big in Rolandd and Autumne. The young girl is from Zotta. I'm sorry, but I actually have forgotten her name. The two werewolves conversing are Mr. Hunt and Nina."

"...So she's back?"

Marie sighed, "I am afraid she caught wind that I was coming out of retirement, so she joined the tournament at the last minute. Unfortunately the restraining order doesn't apply during the tournament."

((Welcome to the final installment of Hallum! I want to spend a few posts introducing all the different characters. If I didn't mention your character being present, just have them show up. You are welcome to use the registration NPC. Converse and what not. We should begin the actually fighting tomorrow or Fri.))
ClixPsi.png

Comments

• envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Vendetta sat quietly observing the women who talked. He used them as a means to observe the other competitors, who the woman Marie seemed familiar with, at least moreso than he was. Vendetta sat back in his seat. It had been an uneventful signup and though he did recognize James Thanos, Vendetta didn't talk to him due to a wish not to upset his other "companion", who, it seemed, was restless and woke up anyways.

"VANDORT!" The gun cried from his arm. "GET ME AWAY FROM THESE STINKING PLEBES AND INTO THE RING OF THE WORLDS STRONGEST! AS FIGHTERS AND SEWERS OF DESTRUCTION, IT IS PROPER THAT THEIR GOD BLESS THEM BEFORE THEY ENTER THE RING!"

Vendetta sighed and raised Dai Catarina up to face the Raiken's. "MARIE AND PINYANA RAIKEN!" She screamed. "IT IS WITH GREAT HONOR THAT YOU ARE BLESSED BY ME, DAI CATARINA! GODDESS OF DESTRUCTION! MAY YOUR DEATH'S BE A SPECTACLE NOT UNLIKE MINE OWN!"

Once Dai Catarina had stated her "blessing", Vendetta stood up and apologized to the Raiken's for Dai Catarina. "She's a right head-case, but she's a good partner in a fight." the detective shrugged.

At the gates of the tournament, a man in a business suit, accompanied by two guards approached the check-in office. The man wore a strange helmet which was darkly tinted so as to make one unable to see his face. In addition, there was a strange LED light display on the front which showed letters in red which scrolled from right to left as a form of communication. The man approached the desk and his lights displayed 'R'lyeh Madrigal: here to enter the Rockwell Bowl.'
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Y-yes, sir," the register gulped.

Marie turned to face the new arrival. "...So, the last three World Champions are present... Welcome, Mr. Madrigal."

"Mom, are you sure that's him?" Pinyana whispered in Marie's right ear.

"Yes," she explained. "Do not let the addition of wings fool you. He volunteered to be a prototype for the angelization project. Fortunately, his gambled paid off. He is the first successful angel made since the Endless War."
    ClixPsi.png
  • DuceDuce Now in Lemon Flavor Full Members
    edited June 2011
    The air was filled with excitement. Trez could taste it in the wind. Or was the taste from the many food stands spread all around? It didn’t matter – the energy of the fairgrounds was infectious and Trez felt ready to take on the world.

Trez made his way through the fairgrounds, taking in the sights and listening to the amusing loudspeaker banter of Charlie and Dr. William. Trez took his time in walking to the check-in office.

“Hello there!” Trez greeted the small, spectacled man behind the check-in counter with a wide grin. “This is the combatant check-in station, am I right?”

“Indeed it is,” the man said. “Welcome, you name?”

“Trenzattimus Anheim.”

“Very good. The other entrants are to your left. If you would join them…”

“Of course. Have a nice day,” said Trez, giving the man a quick nod.

Moving over to where the other fighters were already gathered. Quite a few had already arrived. Among them, Trez noted a number of lovely young ladies.

“Fame, fortune, and beautiful women… they should hold tournaments more often,” Trez thought as he began to approach the largest cluster of fighters – a group of women of mixed ages as well as a brown haired man in a black suit.

“Well, hello there!” Trez said, walking up to the group. “Am I to take it that you are some of the fine ladies and gentlemen who’ll be competing in this tournament? I am Trenzattimus Anheim,” Trez made a slight bow, “but you all are more than welcome to call me Trez. It’s a pleasure to meet all of you.”
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
    edited June 2011
    "Likewise, Trez." Vendetta said, shaking the man's hand. "Name's Vendetta Vandort, Private Investigator."

R'lyeh gave a nod to Marie, his lights began to display words, reading 'It's good to see you, Marie. I wish you and your daughter the best of luck in the tournament.' With that, R'lyeh began to survey the other contestants, sweeping his gaze over them before finding a seat for himself.

Vendetta watched as R'lyeh walked off and noted back to Trez "Yeesh, they're bringin' in three world champs against us. Hope medical expenses are covered outside of the prize money." the detective chuckled.
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited June 2011
    A young woman with golden brown hair clad in a rather oversized leather trench coat shuffled through the fair grounds, skipping past the simple trinkets and opting instead to stop and gaze at the many food stands. The young merwoman soon approached a small shish kabob stand, noting the rather expensive prices almost immediately. "I'll take one at half price please." She stated flatly as if there was no strangeness to the comment. Needless to say the merchant was none too willing to let his merchandise go for such a low price. "Oh fine, seventy percent then." Again the merchant didn't so much as flinch. "Listen here, you. I demand a discount or else I'll just take my business elsewhere." Rather than respond, the merchant simply glared as shooed the fickle woman away. Never one to give up, the young woman moved from stall to stall, eventually finding one weak willed enough to give her the discounts she demanded. Satisfied, she made her way towards the check in desk. "Excuse me, is this where we sign in?"

"Yes, ma'am. Your name?" The clerk responded.

"Enrica Gardello. Representative of the Order of Wolves." The woman planted the end of her staff in the ground as she finished the statement, causing her to seem almost knightly in appearance. The clerk however simply stared at her for a moment before writing her name down on the check-in list. Realizing that her introduction hadn't left much of an impression, Enrica sighed and made her way to where the other competitors were busy gathering. So many famous faces from years gone by were there. "I wonder if I'll ever be so recognized?" The thought made the merwoman's stomach uneasy. Physical conflict was never a high priority for her. Why the order had selected her to be their yearly representative she hadn't a clue. "Kenju help me." she sighed to herself, taking a seat alone amongst the contenders. Across the back of her cloak one could clearly see the large patch labeling her as a member of the Order of Wolves. The patch resembled that of a wolf's head with six blades skewered through it. Over the years, the Order had gained some fame in Tana though it was far from the global recognization Raiken corp. possessed. Still, one couldn't deny it's ability to produce fighters.
    que?
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Enrica was followed by a towering figure, already wearing armor. "Hey, let me in. I'm in the tournament."

The clerk looked up. "Name?"

The fighter grabbed the old man roughly by the shoulder, ready to punch him. "Who wants to know?"

"It's just a security measure, sir. We want to make sure you are allowed inside."

The fist was pulled back further. "You callin' me a liar?"

"N-no, sir, I just need your name. Nothing to get angry about."

"Adrastos." Adrastos shoved the clerk aside. "And I'm not angry. Yet."

Entering the room with a quick glance around, Adrastos was already frustrated with the competition. "What are all these chicks doing in a fighting tournament?" He wondered. "And the guys . . . a couple freaks, a couple fruits, an old guy . . . I thought this was going to be tough. Can't wait to show them what a real man can do." The dragon punctuated his thought by pounding a gloved fist into a gloved palm.
  • SukeSuke Sexy Back Full Members
    edited June 2011
    While the tournament as a whole brought in a very large crowd, there was probably no single combatant that garnered a bigger turn out than Riley. Famous in many parts of the world, getting his start in Tana, but really hitting in off in Gratu, specifically Rolandd and Autumne, Riley Sylex was the highest paid musician of the 20th century (so far any way), and only at 19. Despite was some older people thought of him, he wasn't gaudy, or unintelligent, or even a stereotypical *******. He was just Riley. The spectacle would have to wait for the ring.

It was a huge hassle getting inside. He had to sign about a thousand autographs and almost got bumrushed already. But, he treated his fans with love and respect as always, because he truly did love them. He even recognized a few faces of the fans who he had met before coming up to give him handshakes, hugs, and kisses. Needless to say, the applause when he stepped out of him limo was booming. It was probably too high a number to figure, with all the people watching on television.

When he finally got in, he was greeted by the other contestants. He smiled at them, almost tripping over himself when he enter, due to a fanatic teenage girl who was trying to rip his shirt clean off him.
    So close...And yet so far...
    edited June 2011
    Vendetta smirked as he saw Riley enter. He had heard the name before but never really bothered to listen to the music, not that he'd be able to anyway, as Dai Catarina would make her opinions on any music she didn't like very loudly. However, Dai Catarina could not see the person enter and so did not know it was the object of her ire. "Quite a crowd you've got back there," Vendetta scoffed as the young man entered. "Hope none of 'em get hurt jumping into the ring.."

R'lyeh looked in the direction of the musician, staring at the young man before turning his attention back to the Raiken's. While he considered the others to be competition, he considered the mother and daughter in a league above them, and so sought to observe them in person before possibly facing them in the ring.
    edited June 2011
    "Heh." Riley scratched the back of his head, and smiled back at Vendetta. "I sure hope not...It happens at some of my concerts...But I'm pretty sure if those bodyguards could handle a bunch horny teenage girls...and a couple boys, then they can handle them here."
    edited June 2011
    Pinyana shook Trez's hand, making sure he noticed her wedding ring. "It's a pleasure to meet you." She then turned her attention to R'lyeh. "Good luck to you to, Mr. Madrigal. According to the tournament rules, you, my mother, and I will be split up between three divisions. Hope to see you both in the semi-finals. Due to the family clause, mom and I won't be allowed to fight unless we make it to the finals. Thus, one of us will likely be your opponent for the semi-finals. We both look forward to that challenge."

The Satpathys had moved away from the others. Farida muttered, "Three champions... this will be nightmarish."

"Yeah," Luna agreed in private, "But I need this kind of challenge to make sure I am ready."

"Don't f*** up."

Meanwhile, another person arrived. "Hello! My name is Rakurai Raiken. Hope I'm not late."

"No, no, go on ahead," said the clerk, checking the name off his list.

Rakurai skipped into the room and waved enthusiastically. He was a fairly tall man dress as a wayward hippie, despite recent trends in pop culture. "HOWDY HEY!!!" He screamed. "I am Rakurai, nice to meet you all!!" He then ran up and glomped Pinyana. The small woman struggled to get him off, but he eventually got off. "Hey honey-bun, hey mom."

"R-rakurai, what are you doing here?!" Pinyana screamed. She then began to rebated him. "Listen, you aren't allowed back here, even to just wish us good luck."

"I'm here because I'm a competitor. I made it past those hard eliminations! Surprised?!"

Pinyana and Marie were dumbstruck. Pinyana took a minute to process that. "Wait, you entered and made it to the top 20?"

"Yes!"

"....But... You can fight?"

"Appearantly. I kind of winged it. I wasn't expecting to make it this far. Groovy, right? Listen, honey-bun, you and mom mean a bunch to me. I know I've been a bit of a shame for your prestigious family. You both are swell fighters, and I wanted to share this kind of thing with you. I hope you aren't mad."

"Mad? I'm happy, you idiot!" She jumped into her husband's arms and kissed him. "You really didn't have to, you know."

A loud, dumb laugh erupted in the room, but it came not from the dotting husband. The man in leather walked over to the loving family, laughing. "Oh Rakurai, you never change."

Rakurai couldn't tell by appearance who the mysterious Eycopefield was, but that laugh was more than a hint. "Oh hey N--"

"Eycopefield!" The unlicensed superhero was quick to correct.

"Do you two know each other," Pinyana asked.

In unison, the two men replied, "We are bed buddies!!" Rakurai then clarified, "Or, well, we were. We met back in school and had a small fling. It's been YEARS, Ey-something-field. Small world after all!" The two begin laughing, with Eycopefield using the same dumbass laugh.
    ClixPsi.png
    edited June 2011
    Riley smiled as he saw more of the competitors enter, and looked everyone over once more. "...I'm so pumped for th-" He was interrupted by the Registration man who came in very hastily to saw something to Riley, then dashed out. Riley sighed, and chuckled as he rolled his eyes. Cheering for Riley could be heard. "The public will have to wait until the grand ceremony, I guess."
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Romarh watched the new contestants arrive and tried to size them up. "Well, who do we have here?" he thought as R'lyeh Madrigal entered the room. "Another World Tournament champion, eh? This is gonna be quite a workout." His attention turned to the muse who was introducing himself. "A rapier, eh? I wonder what fighting him will be like." He got lost in thought for a bit, missing the arrival of Enrica. Romarh raised his eye brows when the armoured dragon entered, then shook his head when the singer entered. "These tournaments just get weirder and weirder." He sighed, then turned his attention to the new arrival, Rakurai. "Man, everyone knows everyone here. . . Except for the dragon, I guess." He glanced back at Adrastos. "He sure looks pissed. What's his problem?"
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
  • InsaneWhisperInsaneWhisper Better dig your heels in Full Members
    edited June 2011
    When Janet had first entered the fairgrounds she was nearly overwhelmed. It had been a long while since she had last been in public, and the masses were incredibly energetic. She had begun walking around becoming re-accustomed to being around other people.

After she heard the announcement she hitched her shot-gun up higher on her shoulder and walked forward allowing herself to adjust to the crowd while trying to avoid hitting anyone with her snip-rifle case. She had missed seeing people, and this place had plenty of them for her to observe. She made her way to an info booth to find a map and then began weaving her way through the quieter paths to get to the registration area.

When she reached her destination she walked over to the registration person, "Jan-" her voice cracked from lack of use and she cleared her throat, "Janet Abendrot... here to sign...in."

'I'm definitely going to need to work on that,' she thought to herself as the person signed her in. She drifted over to a seat and put her things down before sitting. She thought she recognized some of the others, but wasn't sure.
    edited June 2011
    Boredom started to take over Riley's soul, and before someone could blink, he was sitting down, pulling out Ginger, and starting to strum a low tune. It sounded like one of the popular songs from his last album.
    edited June 2011
    At the beginning of his song, Dai Catarina awoke from her silence. "....vandort.... I told you to stop listening to any of that miserable sounding talentless crap if you want me as your partner.."

"Can't help that." Vendetta said. "Not usin' a CD, the singer himself is here."

Dai Catarina screamed at the mention that Riley was nearby "FATE IS KIND TO ME!!! HOW I'VE WANTED TO RING HIS NECK FOR DEFAMING THE DESTRUCTIVE CHAOS OF MUSIC WITH HIS MONOTONY AND TALENTLESS TAKE ON IT!!! POINT ME AT HIM, VANDORT!"

Vendetta did not comply. "Sorry about that, DiCat's a big classical fan and really hates modern music with a passion."

DiCat shot the ground several times in frustration.
    edited June 2011
    Riley chuckled and kept playing. "S'okay. She can understand me, right? Cool it, DiCat. No reason we can't both like whatever kind of music we like. And music doesn't have to be destructive chaos."
    edited June 2011
    Dai Catarina did not feel like validating Riley's statement with a response.

R'lyeh looked on, intrigued by the sudden outburst from the pistol. However, he went back to sitting down and waiting for the brackets to be announced.
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Weirder and weirder," thought Romarh.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "Pretty-boy b**** thinks he can fight just because he's famous. I'm going to break his damn guitar across his damn face." This apparently entertaining thought removed the frown from Adrastos' face. However, it returned with the handgun's "loose cannon" demeanor. "That thing is a crazy b****. Who the f*** likes classical music? No beat, no words. Stuffy bull****." He gritted his teeth and cracked his knuckles impatiently.
  • ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited June 2011
    "I shall now take my leave. 'Tis getting a bit distracting to talk with someone with all the fuss. Besides, 'tis time for me to have a quick meal, I think. I will be heading to the food stalls, but before that, I must go see the registration clerk and... register. You are welcome to join me if you wish." Lobo said to Nina. He then headed for the registration counter. Without Lobo saying a word, the clerk somehow knew that he was entering the tournament.

"Name?" the clerk said.
    "Lobo Hunt."
    "There, you're signed up."

After registering, Lobo headed for the food stalls, as planned. He never once checked if Nina decided to come with him or not. After looking around, Lobo finally found a food stall, unfortunately, the prices were a bit too much for him. Once again, he was broke. Nevertheless, Lobo decided to order something.

"Dumplings. Ten servings, please. And may I have a twenty-five percent discount?"
    "No can do. Go somewhere else if you want a discount." the merchant said.
    Lobo cleared his throat and said, "Do you see my claw?"
    The merchant nodded. "Yeah."
    "Well, I'll make you a deal. If you don't charge me for my meal, then I won't jam this in your throat. Got it?"

The merchant gulped in fear and nodded yes.
    "One last thing: if you report this little.... incident to security, I'll make sure you don't live another day, understood?"
    "Yeah..."

Lobo doesn't usually resort to threats and he's always polite, but he will never let anything or anyone stand in the way between him and his food. After eating, Lobo headed to where the other combatants are gathered.
    edited June 2011
    Nina had humored the young werewolf for the past day. They ran into each other in the same elimination facility. Nina couldn't for the life of her figure out why the boy was so interested in her. "He does realize I'm a wanted murderer, right? Whatever, this will all go away soon enough. ...Hmmm... do I have a fan club amongst the younger werewolves? I know I was the first neo-werewolf to become famous, but seriously... She had followed Lobo around a tiny bit, mostly because they had the exact same goal. After checking in, she stayed behind, happy to finally be away from him. A minute or two later, the Raiken family had arrived. Nina smiled sinisterly as she saw Marie. Nina had retired from the ring years ago as well; she had originally entered to assassinate Meikyou XIII and later entered to seek revenge on Marie. Since then, the two women were inseparable, much to Marie's annoyance. Every year, Nina sent some kind of mailbomb or dirty package to Marie for Marie's birthday. Eventually, Marie secured a restraining order, and Nina began having a hard time getting new her target. "But I have political immunity during the festival... She then screamed out loud, "Marie, I will kill you this year, mark my words!" Since then Nina had remained silent.
    ClixPsi.png
    edited June 2011
    "What in Gratu's name is wrong with these people?" Was all enrica could think about. Now surrounding her was a murderer, a dragon with anger issues, another dragon, a gun with even worse anger issues (that was apparently capable of firing itself), famous warriors, and a perverted superhero. "This is less a tournament and more a gathering of loonies! Who on Hallum would find this kind of atmosphere enjoyable!?" The woman bit her tongue a little as the thought processed. The man she idolized couldn't have been anymore at home in a place like this. "Very well. If the great hero can do it then so can I." Enrica reassured herself, clenching her fists as she stood up from her seat and all but marched over to the largest gathering of competitors. The Raikens, famous all over the globe for the technology, and even more so in Tana for the strength of their family. What fabulous luck that they were participating. Not only the Raikens but the two time former champion himself was there too.

Now wasn't the time to stand and be amazed by the celebrities though. Enrica had worked up the motivation to speak and now was the moment for it. She stood firmly in front of the group but no sooner than did she open her mouth then did a sudden realization hit her. "....The hell am I supposed to say!? Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap..." The thought repeated several times over as Enrica simply stood there for a moment, mouth agape as the others waited for her to speak. "Greetings!" she finally blurted out, losing some breath as she did. "I am Enrica Gardello of the Order of Wolves. Pleasure to make your acquaintances." Enrica sighed, wiping a bead of sweat from her brow as she did. "This is no good. Kenju would never have been so slow to speak no matter who he was conversing with." The thought caused the merwoman to giggle under her breath as she remembered stories of Kenju's rather rude behavior when in the presence of royalty.
    que?
  • DuceDuce Now in Lemon Flavor Full Members
    edited June 2011
    The cast of characters gathered was certainly odd, but the collective quirks of his fellow fighters didn’t bother Trez at all. In fact, seeing so many personalities collide and ricocheted off each other was extremely entertaining.

What an interesting country!” Trez thought. “There is so much personality information I could gather by speaking with these people. I should have visited Tana sooner.

Trez’s thoughts were interrupted as a young woman with golden brown hair hastily introduced herself.

“Enrica, you said it was?” Trez said with a smile as he walked over to her. “I am Trenzattimus Anheim, but you may call me Trez if you so wish.” Trez made a slight bow and offered out his hand to shake. “It is an absolute pleasure to make the acquaintance of such a beauty.”
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
    edited June 2011
    Vendetta, who was rather versed in understanding visual changes in the body, could tell the girl was extremely nervous. "No need to worry, Enrica." The detective began, "I had that feeling watching the preliminaries, 'This place is full o' freaks'! But hey, 'cept f'r some of 'em, we're all just here for fun and good competition, oh, and a shot at that prize money, of course. Besides, even putting goals aside, not all of us are weird. I might have a strange gun, but I'm about as normal as you get." The detective smiled. He saw that most everyone had assembled and was pleased that he did not personally recognize anyone aside from James. He had been given a case to look for a runaway son while at the World Tournament; and though him being in the tournament would have made him easier to find, it would have been a hassle to have to fight him unnecessarily.

After hearing Enrica's announcement, R'lyeh actually stood up and approached the woman. He walked up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder, his lights displaying the statement 'Interesting, would you mind telling me why you joined the Order of Wolves?'
    edited June 2011
    "Eh?" Enrica thought to herself as the first man made his introduction. "That's cor-" she stopped as Trez dove straight in to his introduction and rather blunt compliment. "Um.....thank you?" The merwoman paused awkwardly, unsure of how to react to such a formal greeting. Before she had time to respond further though, the detective with the psychopathic gun started to speak as well. Enrica wasn't sure if this fellow could read minds or if he was just incredibly observant. Either way it made her uncomfortable that she had been so easily, and so accurately, read. "I can see I'll have to be careful around you if I intend to keep any personal thoughts personal....."

No sooner than had the words left her lips then was Enrica startled by the sudden tapping on her shoulder. The former champion stood behind her, a bizarre fellow in his own right. It took a moment for her to register that R'lyeh was attempting to speak to her through the strange LED helmet. Equally strange was the question he was asking. "Why? Seems a little forward but I suppose there's no harm in it. I grew up in Braisen where Tana does a fair amount of trading. When I was young I became quite infatuated with the Rockwell Epics. Like other members of the order I was most attracted to the stories of Sir Kenju, ....especially those concering Lady Morgan." Enrica added under her breath. "Anyway, I heard about the order in my mid-teens and came over to Tana after finishing up my magic studies."
    que?
    edited June 2011
    'I see.' R'lyeh's sign read. 'Pardon the intrusion, I merely take interest in those who join larger organizations.' With that, the former champion returned to his seat.
    edited June 2011
    Riley smiled Ginger disappeared from his hands and out of sight. "Well, enough of that for now, I guess. I'll keep all my tricks and treats a secret." He chuckled. "It's so cool how different all of us are, huh?" He hadn't been in Tana in about a year, but his memories of the place were fond. It was the country where he got his start. Where he first started doing music professionally at 15. He and his parents moved here so they could expand their own musical horizons as well as his own, and they were actually planning a baby this time, and decided to shoot for spirits. 9 months later, little Alexis 'Lexi' Sylex was born. Riley pondered as to what her spirits were. When he entered the tournament, he told his parents right away, who still live in Tana, and got them VIP seats, right in the front. Nothing but the best for Riley Sylex's mom and dad. He made a note to find them at some point.
    edited June 2011
    Pinyana became interested in Enrica the moment the girl mentioned the Order of Wolves. "Wow, you're a member of the order? That's amazing! My dissertation is on the Rockwell Epics. I've always been a fan of those works. So you are a Kenju and Morgan fan? Hey, wait, does this mean you've met the current host of the Zamura swords?!" Pinyana's eyes lit up with enthusiasm. "I've always wanted to see them. My family has the Mistrude blades in our private, preserved collection. We wish we could get a hold of the original Raiken, but we still have the remade replica, Raiken II. Wonder what that b**** Buna ever did with the family heirloom...?"

"She probably lost it or threw it out. Sad to think it's probably disintegrated by now. It was already a thousand years old when stolen," Marie pointed out. "Without proper care, even such a well crafted sword would fall apart against constant exposure to the elements. The odd design made it impossible to sheath for protection as well."

"Hmmm? Mom, I thought you didn't care for the Rockwell Epics."

"I still read them, dear," Marie laughed a little. "It's a part of your heritage. My memories of the subject aren't particularly fond, but I am a part of this family, and I value your heritage and your interest in it. I wish I had a past I could be proud of."
    ClixPsi.png
    edited June 2011
    Enrica was startled by Pinyana's immediate spike in energy when the order was brought up. With so many questions it was hard to figure out where she should start her answer. "Yes, I am indeed a member, and yes I am a....fan....of Kenju and Morgan if that's what you want to call it. As for the current Zamura seal I'm afraid I haven't been able to meet him yet. From what I understand he's only been back two or three times since I joined and I was always away on business. He only stops by when we've round up a substantial number of berserk Zamuras. Right now I think we're only holding five unless some of the other members have managed to subdue a few. Either way it's hardly worth the trip back from Gratu for him." Enrica sighed as she thought about the blade host more. "From what the others tell me he's a far shot from the great hero. Everyone says he's always serious, rarely smiles, and has little interest in humor. But they also say he's the best fighter since Sir Kenju so I guess we can't complain too much."

Again, Enrica sighed. In truth she wished for nothing more than to meet a host like Kenju. It was after all her only chance of seeing what the man was like in his lifetime. Nevertheless, Enrica quickly shook the thought out of her head and turned back to Pinyana. "If you'd like I'm sure the order wouldn't mind if you came for a visit once the tournament's over. We have several historians there who've dedicated the bulk of their study to the Rockwell Epics. Not to brag but I've virtually memorized them myself. I'm certain you could find something for your dissertation there?"
    que?
  • ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Lobo soon arrived to where the other combatants were staying. "Hmmm... strange crowd. Of course, I'm not so normal myself. This will be a very interesting tournament indeed." Lobo thought to himself. He noticed a few distinguished people but he couldn't care less about them. He then went to a quiet corner and decided to stay there until given further instruction regarding the tournament.