If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Death Becomes Darksiders II

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited June 2011 in Latest Updates
Don't fear the Reaper, for in Darksiders II, you are the Reaper. Sounds like it's time to go scythe some fools.
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Yep time to finish the first one.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Wait.. it takes place at the same time? Because he didn't seem to be around. You can even use his scythe... (that's not a spoiler, it was a preorder bonus with a generic unlock code that you can use it from the beginning). If it's supposed to happen slightly before War does his thing but after the apocalypse is triggered.... well, it would seem to suggest Death didn't get much done. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I just recently picked the first one up, and am having a blast with it. Awesome!
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Nah I think is after or at the same time but on a different place. Death wants to recreate the human race apparently.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • CipherinthesnoWCipherinthesnoW Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Darksiders was a great game, I had a blast playing through it, I've even played through it a second time with my wife. I'm definitely interested in a sequel, War was a great character, and I hope they tie things together, because the ending to the first game has a cliffhanger from what I recall..
  • TyphoTypho Knight Errant Full Members
    edited June 2011
    CipherinthesnoW said:
    Darksiders was a great game, I had a blast playing through it, I've even played through it a second time with my wife. I'm definitely interested in a sequel, War was a great character, and I hope they tie things together, because the ending to the first game has a cliffhanger from what I recall..

    Yeah it was definitely left wide open for a direct sequel. It sounds like this one wont necessarily pick up exactly where it left off though, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    Jitawa said:
    Wait.. it takes place at the same time? Because he didn't seem to be around. You can even use his scythe... (that's not a spoiler, it was a preorder bonus with a generic unlock code that you can use it from the beginning). If it's supposed to happen slightly before War does his thing but after the apocalypse is triggered.... well, it would seem to suggest Death didn't get much done. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    The press release says, "Darksiders® II follows the exploits of DEATH, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in a weaving tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game."

    So apparently Death also makes blankets. Or maybe baskets.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Ocelot said:
    Or maybe baskets.

    But does he do it underwater?
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    That'll be the DLC.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Those money-grubbing bar stewards!

    I bet there's even water already on the disc.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    If it's parallel... and War is on post-apocalyptic Earth. That means he's... what, on the moon or something? Where are Fury and Strife for that matter? (I think that's what they called the other two). I heard about the remaking the human race bit too. That just makes it sound like a game where we play as Death and have LOTS and LOTS of sex somewhere.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    Jitawa said:
    If it's parallel... and War is on post-apocalyptic Earth. That means he's... what, on the moon or something? Where are Fury and Strife for that matter? (I think that's what they called the other two). I heard about the remaking the human race bit too. That just makes it sound like a game where we play as Death and have LOTS and LOTS of sex somewhere.

    It may have been post-apocalyptic Earth, but War's adventure really just took him across the remains of a single city. The Earth is a big place, my friend, and there's plenty of apocalypse to go around :D
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    I think I'll be disappointed with Death, but that's because all incarnations of Death must be compared (unfavourably) with Terry Pratchett's character.


    Bonus points if these games ever include Ronnie, the fifth horseman who quit the group before they got famous.
Sign In or Register to comment.