If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Square Enix Launches Final Fantasy XIII-2 E3 Trailer

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited June 2011 in Latest Updates
Turns out Final Fantasy XIII-2's male protagonist wasn't named Thunder after all. See new footage and meet our newest hero, Noel, in this E3 trailer.

Story

Comments

• LordKaiserLordKaiser Under watcher Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I would be a little jealous if I where Snow lol. She dreamed about him XD.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    Snow? Who's that? ::retroactively writes him out of the story, but somehow keeps Troy Baker as a VA::
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited June 2011
    Snow I know how you feel trust me but they're just friends there's no reason to be jealous Snow.

BTW I saw some gameplay footage and there's towns it seems.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Not sure if I'll touch this game, but the OST is a day one purchase! Hamauzu is definitely back. I think the track that plays during the second half of the trailer is the new battle theme.
  • VncentValntineVncentValntine Pretty much... Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Jormungand said:
    Not sure if I'll touch this game, but the OST is a day one purchase! Hamauzu is definitely back. I think the track that plays during the second half of the trailer is the new battle theme.

Seconded! However I am a little excited about the battle system changes too =p.
    edited June 2011
    This game seem to be more open to me so I may buy it. New characters reminds me of Kingdom Hearts and Tidus for some reason.
  • MaddocMaddoc Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    It's FFXIII-2: Dawn of the New World, basically

I'll pass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MontaiMontai New Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Maddoc said:
    It's FFXIII-2: Dawn of the New World, basically

I'll pass

I swear it got that same feeling D: They kinda look remind you of Emil and Marta, in a way. Plus, there's monsters in the battles... Just like tos2. Of course I'll buy the the day it comes out. :P
  • pcaballepcaballe Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    XIII-2 looks pretty good, and its nice to see towns might be in it...wait...I feel like we're missing someone. Where in the heck is Versus XIII?!
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
    -Einstein
    edited June 2011
    pcaballe said:
    XIII-2 looks pretty good, and its nice to see towns might be in it...wait...I feel like we're missing someone. Where in the heck is Versus XIII?!
    Yep where the hell is Snow! Serah is cheating him on his back with Noel. I dint saw Sazh or Hope either.
    edited June 2011
    pcaballe said:
    It's coming, but Nomura says we should be patient. It's not coming any time soon.
    edited June 2011
    Nomura said "Please forget about Vs XIII for a while and consentrate in FFXIII-2" So I can guess that there will be no more information about it until FFXIII-2 is released.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Is it just me or does Noel look a little Tidus-esque?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Honestly, I think he's a smattering of about five different post-2000 Nomura Characters.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
    edited June 2011
    SiliconNooB said:
    Honestly, I think he's a smattering of about five different post-2000 Nomura Characters.
    And yet, he's the first Noel.
    edited June 2011
    SiliconNooB said:

That doesn't surprise me.
    Ocelot said:
    And yet, he's the first Noel.

I can't wait until they give us a character named Easter.
  • pcaballepcaballe Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Ocelot said:
    It's coming, but Nomura says we should be patient. It's not coming any time soon.

Its been 5 years so far, I think its going to be our Duke Nukem Forever.
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
    -Einstein
    edited June 2011
    shoptroll said:
    Is it just me or does Noel look a little Tidus-esque?
    It's like they fused Sora from KH and Tidus together then they gave him Fang clothes.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    pcaballe said:
    Its been 5 years so far, I think its going to be our Duke Nukem Forever.

Man 5 years isn't even CLOSE to the Duke, more like Prey or Too Human at the moment.
    edited June 2011
    Prey wasn't too far behind DNF though. 1995 was the original announcement, 2006 was the release.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    shoptroll said:
    Prey wasn't too far behind DNF though. 1995 was the original announcement, 2006 was the release.

Was it that long? Jeez, it is NOT that hard to make a first person shooter people.
    edited June 2011
    Wheels said:
    Was it that long? Jeez, it is NOT that hard to make a first person shooter people.

There's a long storied history on it. Game was too ambitious when it was first pitched, the portal technology didn't exist at the time, they went through a couple of engines, blah blah blah.

It's going to be an interesting year for Wired's Vaporware awards. The only contender aside from Versus I think is Starcraft: Ghost which Blizzard never officially cancelled.
    edited June 2011
    Nah, Blizz has said that Starcraft: Ghost is no more. And that's just one instance that I found via quick Googling. I've seen Kaplan and the like use the word "cancelled" in relation to the game on several occasions.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 can always hang out with Versus on the Vaporware shelf (word after this E3 is that it's "far into development" but that Rayman games were taking away from its staff or some lame excuse like that). Pikmin 3 might make it too, though Miyamoto's officially said that Pikmin 3 will be on the Wii U. Ooh ooh, and the Fallout MMO, and whatever the heck is up with Half-Life. Wired still has plenty of grist for the mill.
  • SavorienSavorien Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Just give me XIII with towns, branching environments, and less character exposition / more plot and I'll buy it.
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited June 2011
    The demo I played doesn't really give any story at all. It gives a short, short summary to say "Hey, these guys are doing something!", but it's not really important since the demo was clearly intended to show off the expanded exploration and combat options. They could have made up something, like "Noel and Serah are on a picnic" and it wouldn't have changed much.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I liked the Jhip-hop on the soundtrack.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!