If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dragon's Crown Brings RPGamers Together

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited June 2011 in Latest Updates
Elf needs healing badly. Someone shot the food. Oh wait, this isn't Gauntlet. Let's try this again. Amazon needs better proportions quickly.

Story
Art
Screens
Trailer
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    The Amazon has way too much junk in her trunk, and her thighs could crush me like a vice. This terrifies me.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    New Vanillaware? It's on like Donkey Kong.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    Nyx said:
    The Amazon has way too much junk in her trunk, and her thighs could crush me like a vice. This terrifies me.

The Amazon doesn't bug me nearly as much as the Sorceress. I ain't haulin' those melons through some dungeon.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited June 2011
    > localized by Ignition

lol
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    We'll have to see, but there's no way I'm pre-ordering. I'll consider buying if it reviews well (4+ on RPGamer scale).
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Is elephantiasis a fetish now?
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Wheels said:
    New Vanillaware? It's on like Donkey Kong.

See, now Nintendo's going to sue you.

And... Damn, the Amazon looks kinda gross in that first pic. Reminds me of female bodybuilders.

[video=youtube;rYutlx6FNeo]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    Ocelot said:
    The Amazon doesn't bug me nearly as much as the Sorceress. I ain't haulin' those melons through some dungeon.
    I hop the fist spell she mastered was tasha's supportive garment...
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    I hop the fist spell she mastered was tasha's supportive garment...
    Excellent D&D joke.

The game looks okay in motion--a bit like many side-scrolling F2P MMOs that got popular for a bit at the end of the last decade. The character art is scary, though.

Will wait and see how things go.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    I hope the localization keeps the entire game in Japanese and just adds spiritless English subtitles. I want it to feel authentic.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited June 2011
    7thCircle said:
    I hope the localization keeps the entire game in Japanese and just adds spiritless English subtitles. I want it to feel authentic.
    READ: I don't want Ignition near this game.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Oh, I'm sure it will be given to a real company and then dumped over to Ignition at the eleventh hour.
    edited June 2011
    Apparently, Ignition already has it. The official site has the new Ignition logo on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited June 2011
    No, it's officially Ignition's from the start. They are the publisher.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I bet that sorcereress has some severe back problems.
  • Orating AvocadoOrating Avocado New Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    The bounce, the bounce. It's like pro wrestling on TV. I know it fake but I can't look away.
    edited June 2011
    Nim said:
    I bet that sorcereress has some severe back problems.

Magic gravity restraints?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LynxkLynxk New Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Oh WOW! I came to know about vanillaware ever since I played Odin's sphere - I just love it all! I usually pick the magic casters, but they look kinda weak... It looks promising anyhow! =D
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2011
    This game will sell very well on art and bounciness alone. I know how Toakaka feels...
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • MaddocMaddoc Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Those are definitely some Vanillaware breasts right there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited June 2011

Its so beautiful!
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    That's definitely Hitoshi Sakimoto and BASISCAPE doing the music. Haven't watched the trailer, but the theme on the website is Sakimoto's work for certain.
  • SavorienSavorien Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Listen, don't discriminate. There is nothing wrong with the Amazon and the Sorceress. Nothing. At. All.

BoiyOiyOiyOiyOing.

Vanillaware's art has always been proportionally stylized and great. My only dream is that George Kamitani would release official comprehensive art books of his games.
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    My only dream is that George Kamitani would release official comprehensive art books of his games.
    For the art, right? ;P
    edited June 2011
    Savorien said:
    Vanillaware's art has always been proportionally stylized and great. My only dream is that George Kamitani would release official comprehensive art books of his games.

There is an art book for Odin Sphere. I have the physical book and a digital version. Did you not know about it, does it not count as comprehensive for some reason, or are you lamenting that his other games didn't get art books?
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Personally, I like the proportions. They're not waifish women with enormous boobs - the sorceress is rather curvy all over. And the Amazon is muscular to the point of grotesquerie.

It's a bold move in a world where most female characters look almost identical in shape, proportion, and accepted aesthetics. Heck, it's even bold compared to Vanillaware's stuff.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
    edited June 2011
    Based on the art, I'm assuming the sorceress casts necromancy spells by making skeletons motorboat her while she presses a hard staff into her crack.

DAY ONE!
  • SavorienSavorien Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    7thCircle said:
    There is an art book for Odin Sphere. I have the physical book and a digital version. Did you not know about it, does it not count as comprehensive for some reason, or are you lamenting that his other games didn't get art books?

Yeah, lamenting that his other games didn't get art books. The Odin Sphere one, while nice, is $95 on Ebay.ca. If you know of a cheaper place that I can buy it that will ship to Canada, I'm all ears.
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    Rebochan said:
    Personally, I like the proportions. They're not waifish women with enormous boobs - the sorceress is rather curvy all over. And the Amazon is muscular to the point of grotesquerie.

It's a bold move in a world where most female characters look almost identical in shape, proportion, and accepted aesthetics. Heck, it's even bold compared to Vanillaware's stuff.

In all honesty, I'm more concerned for that poor Knight. He's somehow sporting a wasp-waist, and with all that hardware on top his center of gravity must be somewhere right below his chin. I'm surprised he can even walk!
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited June 2011
    hehe as a big booty fan, i freaking love the amazon!

very "hhhnnnnnnngh!!!" inducing!

also, why can't there be more 2d games like this? As much as 3d graphics have progressed, I prefer this 2d aesthetic so much more. Can you imagine a new breath of fire or secret of mana with graphics like this? That'd be amazing.

Anyway, first day purchase based on art style and booty alone.
    sup?