If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dark Souls Impression - E3 2011

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited June 2011 in Latest Updates
RPGamer's Chris Privitere delved into the gloom of Dark Souls at E3, and after suffering countless deaths he has somehow returned to tell the tale. Read his words while we try to figure out whether he is undead now or not.

[Link]

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    As I watched the E3 trailer for this, I too wondered how the tiny warrior could ever defeat something that big (referring to the fire demon shown).
  • AirikAirik Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I laughed at the screen of the Knight running away from the Boar.

We've all done something similar at one point in Demon's Souls, usually only to die a few seconds later.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I saw a nice video from E3 of one of the Dark Souls players beating the demo. He was using standard Demon's Souls tactics. Lots of rolling, blocking, and looking for openings. I'd like to say you can tell a Demon's Souls player by the way he was expecting to be jumped going through every doorway... :P

Compared to some of the other reviewers calling the combat clunky after repeated deaths, it was sort of refreshing. In any event, all this new gameplay footage and media has been really great! Not that there was any doubt that this was a preorder (free collector's edition upgrade? HELLO!).
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited June 2011
    It's made by From Software. Their games can be called a lot of things but I refuse to believe they made something you could call clunky. It's a reivision of the original and that one wasn't clunky. Those reviewers are only saying that cause they died a lot, probably.

This game looks really good but to be perfectly honest, I wish it wasn't ALWAYS freaking cloudy. Could they not put in just ONE blue sky?
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Well, the controls were a little clunky at first (in Demon's Souls), but you get used to them after a while.
  • deathangel73deathangel73 Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Nim said:
    Well, the controls were a little clunky at first (in Demon's Souls), but you get used to them after a while.

I only wish I could get you to the hundreds of times I died a little better.
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Nim said:

What? How exactly are they clunky? I thought they worked perfectly.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited June 2011
    It was mostly animations and camera. This was no problem after lowering the camera sensitivity.