If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 181: "Lusi's Freshwater Sushi"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited June 2011 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 181: "Lusi's Freshwater Sushi"

A new franchising opportunity awaits you in fat, wet, overcast Michigan. But if you're not the enterprising sort, we've got all the big stories for you this week. Which is to say, we have a story about the Pok

Comments

• LordKaiserLordKaiser Under watcher Full Members
    edited June 2011
    LOL you all got startled when Paws jumped in near the end. About the PS2BC PS3 mine is completely dead... The guy failed the reballing... If the PS3 shows distorted graphics it will die period.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited June 2011
    For some reason, my part was much more quiet than usual. I wonder if that was me.

That negative guy needs to be less negative and stop interrupting everyone. He's bringing the cast down.

Emanuel, are PS2 game graphics upscaled on the PS3 really that good? That really caught my attention. I would LOVE to play Xenosaga or Valkyrie Profile 2 with nice graphics. Does upscaling it make it completely HD?
  • risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:

Emanuel, are PS2 game graphics upscaled on the PS3 really that good? That really caught my attention. I would LOVE to play Xenosaga or Valkyrie Profile 2 with nice graphics. Does upscaling it make it completely HD?

It looks much nicer than it does on a PS2. It's the best way that you can play old PS2 games, short of an HD re-release.
  • EmperorZornEmperorZorn Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I'd like to see more of Chris' content on RPGamer.com aside podcasts.
    Manny did not send me an envelope with money so I would write this.

Now excuse me, I have to attend an important discussion on Chris' impressions on NeoGaf.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    risingsun said:
    It looks much nicer than it does on a PS2. It's the best way that you can play old PS2 games, short of an HD re-release.

The best way to play PS2 games short of a HD release is on an SD television - the PS3’s upscaling capabilities are complete rubbish.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • jason_150457jason_150457 New Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    the legendary zoltan's audio's too soft!
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited June 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    That negative guy needs to be less negative and stop interrupting everyone. He's bringing the cast down.

I assume you mean Lusi? Considering who it was I found him surprisingly positive, I think I actually heard him say something good about FF 13 which seems to be a rarity even around here. And he was probably fated to dislike your segment since it involves some slang, I think I used to give him some sort of allergic reaction whenever I wrote into Q&A.:laugh: Everyone else loves them though so keep them coming.

Also...MORE WORK FOR CHRIS! MORE WORK FOR CHRIS!
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited June 2011
    Lusi enjoys FFXIII.
  • Just DougJust Doug Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Don't worry Zoltan, it's not his fault he can't appreciate something rendered in a register or dialect of English that's not General American or British Received Pronunciation (with the reservation to still make fun of how words like "Nicaragua" and "aluminum" are said). English majors (and graduates, professors, etc.) can be prescriptivists who will maintain that certain utterances are "gibberish" "ungrammatical" or "not even English" when they're perfectly intelligible across large communities of English-speaking people. On the other hand, I'm sure most have a firm distinction between rules for preferred style and rules for grammaticality. Still, I dislike statements of "that's bad English" or the like when it's actually intelligible. I can only assume he was being facetious when he said he didn't understand a word of what you said, but it still reveals some measure of disdain for anything that doesn't fit in the box of "properly" styled and pronounced English.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Really? All that was the reason? I just assumed he didn't like it because it was hard to hear and because I talk really fast. But it doesn't bother me that he doesn't like it. That's fine. Just when he says he doesn't like a game, I want him to give real reasons. I can't handle when people say as a reason "because it sucks." Or something like that. Sometimes he gave real reasons but sometimes he didn't. And then calling Quin names, even though he was joking, wasn't good I think. Anyway, this isn't supposed to be all about him but since it's feedback for RPGcast I wanted to give my opinion on how it could be improved.

So, Luis. Please cut back on the negative comments just a bit. Don't do it for me. Do it for the entertainment value of the podcast.

Anyway, another game mentioned that I'm really interested in is Dragon Crown. It's funny that the first time I saw that trailer, I was like, "Whoa! Those character designs are AWESOME" and then on the podcast everybody was saying "They're way too muscular and deformed." But yeah, I think they look awesome is the point I wanted to make. Haha.
    edited June 2011
    So, Luis. Please cut back on the negative comments just a bit. Don't do it for me. Do it for the entertainment value of the podcast.
    This is my favourite comment ever! XD
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I normally enjoy the podcast more, maybe its was the smaller cast. At any rate, LegendaryZoltan's audio was softer this time, but always a plus.

I am sad to know I missed the "Cat Attack" though... I should watch the show live more.

Keep up the good work, can't wait for next week's.
  • Just DougJust Doug Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    Really? All that was the reason? I just assumed he didn't like it because it was hard to hear and because I talk really fast.
    Heh, you're probably right (it wasn't hard to hear when I heard it played on the live podcast...), but from the couple times I've heard him on the show I know he's an English/lit nut. I'm a ling nut...I guess I just come to that conclusion as a reflex. Even if your style of delivery wasn't the primary reason behind his comment, it didn't help. I of course think your segment is great exactly how it is.

Sometimes Lusipurr's (sp?) witty remarks are pretty funny and entertaining but I'm a little torn on his guest appearances on the show because there are also things he says that make me want him to just hush up and get out of the way of the podcast. He's contributed and detracted, and I listen to RPGcast for both news and entertainment, so it's hard to say, really. I guess I'm with you, Zoltan. He's obviously a smart and informed guy, but he does feel like he's "in the way" sometimes in the few times I've heard him on.

I make stupid remarks in the chatroom, but I'm in the peanut gallery where I'm easily ignored. =)
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001
  • TheMaddnessTheMaddness Inmate Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I find it amusing that Quin came into magic on the block that was meant to emulate an RPG.
    ...wait, he said Conflux. I was thinking of Zendikar. Probably because he was talking about his Eldrazi...
    DARN YOU AND YOUR Annihilator QUIN!
    [SIGPIC]ive got candy[/SIGPIC]
  • QuinQuin これはメタです RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2011
    TheMaddness said:
    I find it amusing that Quin came into magic on the block that was meant to emulate an RPG.
    ...wait, he said Conflux. I was thinking of Zendikar. Probably because he was talking about his Eldrazi...
    DARN YOU AND YOUR Annihilator QUIN!

Heh. I quite liked the feel of the Zendikar block, and from recent articles, the big Eldrazi cards (Emrakul, Kozilek and Ulamog) weren't cards that dominated the metagame. The two cards that have been "strangling" standard (According to the designers) have been Jace II: Electric Bugaloo and Stoneforge Mystic, which will be banned in Standard from the end of the month.

This is quite interesting as flat out bans in Standard haven't been seen since the days of Artifact Lands during Mirrodin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited June 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    For some reason, my part was much more quiet than usual. I wonder if that was me.
    Yeah, the mix was off on the file you sent this week. It evened out due to some natural compression that comes with playing it out of an ipad into a mic on the livestream, but that doesn't happen when I drop the original into Logic for the produced show. I guess I should have kept the ipad-mic recording in there instead.