If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Team Fortress 2 controler config

ShadowcatShadowcat MemberFull Members
edited October 2012 in General Help & Advice
Hi guys I know this forum is not used much but it's the right place to post this. I'm a silly guy who got used to using Dual analog controllers and since TF2 is now free I got it off of steam. I know how to play but just to make sure my silly controller would work with what all PC gamers consider a keyboard and mouse game I went into training mode where I found that the left stick was instantly recognized but the right stick wouldn't aim the guns for me. The rest of the buttons were semi-easy to config but not being able to aim with the analog is a big pain....

Does anyone know how to fix this? I guess I could keep trying Google and maybe Xpadder...
FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My VAPS Entry,

Comments

• SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Which controller are you using? Its possible that the drivers just aren't there. For instance, its took some doing, but I can now use my PS3 Dualshock controller for my PC games now, but I had to do quite a bit of footwork to find the proper drivers and installations.

Have you had any luck so far?
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I'm using a dual shock clone(Niko Airflow EX) and I found out that most source games have a setup for wired Xbox 360 controllers but when I do this the Joystick look/right stick does not map correctly(however the other buttons are great with one minor change). I've tried editing the config file manually but it always reverts thanks to the darn Steam Cloud service....
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My VAPS Entry,
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited August 2011
    D'oh! Sorry to hear that. Wish I could help, but I say keep at it and you will find it all out soon.
  • GokuryuGokuryu Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Xpadder is wonderful to use.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2012
    Unnecessary thread necromancy. Closing thread.
This discussion has been closed.