If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fate/Extra to Storm North America This Year

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited July 2011 in Latest Updates
Fans of the Fate/Stay night visual novel series shall rejoice at Aksys Games' newest localization project. Here are some first details about Fate/Extra coming to North America.

Story

Comments

• RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Wow, that was unexpected. But nice!
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • colormonstercolormonster Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    This came out of the left field... I mean, a Fate/Stay game with an official translation? Totally looking forward to it.

I doubt this will come in limited edition form with the Saber Extra Figma, though. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxFull Members
    edited July 2011
    I think I remember seeing something about these games before. Probably on this site even. I think I'm interested.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2011
    Finally, a US release of a Fate game. I'm...so happy! T_T

...now if only they could give us a US release of Fate/Stay Night for PC (they could censor it using the PS2 version and I wouldn't care).
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • MaddocMaddoc Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I've been waiting for someone to pick this game up for ages now.

I was pretty close to just importing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caddyalancaddyalan Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    Finally, a US release of a Fate game. I'm...so happy! T_T

...now if only they could give us a US release of Fate/Stay Night for PC...

Unfortunately, Aksys staff said that they don't plan to release other Fate/Stay Night inspired video games.

Getting a official translation of a niche product is rarely easy. The fan translation group Mirrormoon created a complete English patch for the Windows version of Fate/Stay Night, so at least we have that. Also, the F/SN spinoff anime TV series was licensed by Geneon some years ago, and Tokyopop released at least some of the F/SN spinoff manga.

Lately, fan translators and visual novel localization companies have been collaborating on a number of projects (including the worksafe translation of the hybrid RPG Aselia the Eternal, aka Eien no Aselia). Even so, you never know when companies are willing to cooperate, or which companies believe they can justify the costs of translation.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    Well this is a surprise O_O
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Apparently you can download the trial version of the original 2004 (!) game at Type-Moon's website here. Is there a patch available for the trial version?

I cannot find where to buy the real version of Fate/Stay Night. Can someone help?

Has anyone played Fate/Stay Night? Is it any good?
    edited July 2011
    I've played through all of Fate/Stay Night. By far one of the best reads I've had in a long time. As a warning, it DOES have some sex in there (visible sex), and it gets quite explicit at those parts (though you don't need to see the parts to know how the story continues).
    User Database Check
  • colormonstercolormonster Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I've played through all of Fate/Stay Night. By far one of the best reads I've had in a long time. As a warning, it DOES have some sex in there (visible sex), and it gets quite explicit at those parts (though you don't need to see the parts to know how the story continues).

IIRC, Mirror Moon's patch, similar to many of unofficial translation patches, gives you the option to turn off the H scenes.
    edited July 2011
    Weird, I didn't see that option. I must have gotten one of the earlier translation patches then, since the extra 'arc' is not in my version, nor is that option.
    User Database Check
  • wfbwfb Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    So apparently the voice acting will be in Japanese only. I approve. If not dubbing a game makes it financially viable to localize, I really hope this catches on.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/04/fateextra-and-hakuoki-will-only-have-japanese-voiceovers/