If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Xenoblade Coming to Europe Sooner than Expected

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited July 2011 in Latest Updates
Xenoblade Chronicles may be a torrential storm of disappointment for some parts of the world, but there are nothing but sunny skies in Europe. So sunny, in fact, that Nintendo of Europe has moved up its plans a bit.

[Link]

Comments

• DaylightDiesDaylightDies Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Happy for Europe.. still feel US got ripped off here- hope theres a way to play the European version!
    Bean Forever
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited July 2011
    That's an evil, evil lead.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2011
    For that opening, I curse Europe with the most horrible thing known to man...TELEVANGELISTS!
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • randal77randal77 well well, look who it is Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Can't you guys in the US just import it and use the Homebrew Channel to play it? The reason I ask is because region-free hacks/chips of consoles are completely legal in Australia - there was like an Aus high court ruling that determined that region-locking is anti-competitive or something.
    Wait a second... If you're here, than that means... oh boy
  • cidsacidsa Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I don't know how legal it is in the United States, although I can't see anyone really giving a crap as long as you aren't pirating the games (But I dunno, I'm not in the US). I modded my Wii so I can play Japanese and European imports, it was really simple.

It's bizarre to me that Nintendo is consistently skipping over quality titles (Xenoblade, Last Story, Fatal Frame IV) in NA, what is going on?
  • HiroLunetHiroLunet New Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Oh well. I can careless if it comes to North America or not. If I can read it, I'll play it somehow. I'm sure we've all even played games that we couldn't read :P
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    HiroLunet said:
    Oh well. I can careless if it comes to North America or not. If I can read it, I'll play it somehow. I'm sure we've all even played games that we couldn't read :P

Fortunately, there's a small island nation in Europe that speaks a language rather similar to American. If you import this game from Europe and run it via the Homebrew channel, you should be able to puzzle out most of the language.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    Ocelot said:
    Fortunately, there's a small island nation in Europe that speaks a language rather similar to American.
    Similar? That's a joke, right? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    It's quite similar. (if one avoids the South)
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I'm not too worked up about this. I'll be playing Xenoblade. I'd like it to get a NA release, it seems senseless for it not to, but I'll be importing no doubt about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Yay for us Europeans! Hey, just because I live in Australia, doesn't mean I don't enjoy the sweet sweet PAL juice of this RPG game.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    SiliconNooB said:
    It's quite similar. (if one avoids the South)
    and Glasgow for that matter.
  • HiroLunetHiroLunet New Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Ocelot said:
    Fortunately, there's a small island nation in Europe that speaks a language rather similar to American. If you import this game from Europe and run it via the Homebrew channel, you should be able to puzzle out most of the language.

Oh gosh. How clever... I guess what I said wasn't clear enough. Simply put, I've seen more of a stink about this game not coming to North America than almost any game in recent memory. It'll be in English. Who gives a damn where it's sold?
  • AaediyenAaediyen Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Just import it people.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Ocelot said:

Naw, they're too weird. They spell tire with a Y and sprinkle extra "u"s all over the place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • MaddocMaddoc Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I've stopped worrying about Operation Rainfall (to whatever minor extent I ever did in the first place)

I had always intended to import it in the case that it didn't see a US release, so it was never a huge concern for me either way. I'll be paying a bit more to import it, but I'll survive

At this point I just hope that others do the same and contribute to it doing well enough in Europe that NoA feels stupid in hindsight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MinneyarMinneyar Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    HiroLunet said:
    Who gives a damn where it's sold?

People who are on a budget? It's not going to stop me personally, but the exchange rate + overseas shipping makes buying a game from Europe considerably more expensive than buying it locally, and a lot of people aren't willing to shell out that much extra.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Minneyar said:
    People who are on a budget? It's not going to stop me personally, but the exchange rate + overseas shipping makes buying a game from Europe considerably more expensive than buying it locally, and a lot of people aren't willing to shell out that much extra.

Indeed. It does suck, but nevertheless there will be access to the game. It may be a good idea to just accept that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
    edited July 2011
    Just imagine having to pay those prices on a perpetual basis ...
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited July 2011
    The entertainment industry will surely fall of something like that happens. By now I have 0 interest in the WiiU.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    SiliconNooB said:
    Just imagine having to pay those prices on a perpetual basis ...

Yeah, you poor Aussies. :(
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I'm so glad I never bought a Wii.
    No US RPG support = :(
    edited July 2011
    Ocelot said:
    Yeah, you poor Aussies. :(

That's why I love region free gaming, I buy most of my PS3 and PC games from America.

(region locking is my main reason for not buying a 3DS)
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited July 2011
    That's all you ever seem to write about; how North America should get everything first. As a European I can't possibly agree, but at least I'm generous enough to think all regions should be treated equally. Europe got shafted in the past, NA gets shafted now, but the issue isn't who is being shafted, the issue is that shafting happens. With a hobby as niche as JRPGs, I think it's important that fans on both sides of the ocean stand together for the games they want if they are to be heard.
    Currently playing:
    Ys: The Ark of Naphishtim | Euro Truck Simulator 2 | Legend of Dragoon
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    It seems to be hit and miss. For example, Valkyria Chronicles II sold about twice as much in Europe as the United States. There are many examples where the reverse is true. Atelier Rorona sold about four times as much in the US as in Europe.

Importing is a lot easier these days with no region locks on PSP, NDS and PS3 and limited locking on Xbox 360. Disappointed in Nintendo to put a lockout for 3DS and Wii. Importing from somewhere else to the US is not a risk because games sold "in Europe" net Nintendo of Japan more money due to exchange rate (US has one of the weakest currencies these days). Reverse importing (from US to Europe) is risky for them because they make less money if a lot of people do it.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    I think we can safely move the discussion on regions to another thread if people feel there's serious merit to the topic. Thanks all :inlove: