If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Aksys Game Panel - Anime Expo

RosestormRosestorm Host of The SectorcastFull Members
edited July 2011 in Latest Updates
Our own Sarah Williams sat in on the Aksys Games panel at the Anime Expo. Be prepared for some exciting info regarding upcoming titles.

Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2011
    I love Aksys right now, I truly do.
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • caddyalancaddyalan Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Sarah's article states that she had not yet "...gotten the chance to play an otome game." Over the last few years, English speaking fans have done far better than companies at releasing stories and games in the reverse harem category. So yeah, this category isn't exactly well known, but fans are striving to make it more accessible.

If you look at this list of English otome games from the Visual Novel Database -- http://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-542.lang-en;o=a;s=title -- you'll see only one game that a company has translated. (Before you click on the link, please note that the VNDB contains some content which is not safe for work.) The list doesn't mention two games which fall outside the visual novel category -- the DS game Princess Debut, and the freeware PC game Castle Chase.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    Hmm, I'm kinda interested in the two, but I have to say that the Fate/Extra has me very intrigued. I'd get to choose my gender, then my type of companion and then woo said companion? And then BEAT PEOPLE UP with companion? I cannot see how I would be less than entertained by this process.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Fate/Extra is going to be a day-purchase for me off PSN. I am not the target audience for an otome game, but I will gladly buy if the VN is good!