If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls DLC Available Now

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The BemusedAdministrators
edited July 2011 in Latest Updates
If you're looking for more to do in Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, XSEED Games has heard you. "The Red Shadow of the Sister" is now available on PSN.

Story
" I think this is why aging makes humans die! "

Comments

• JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    You know..I'm a big fan of all things related to Wizardry.... and I'm OK with the DLC business model... but DANNNNNG. Someone is going to the cookie jar a bit too often here. This kinda stuff gives DLC a bad name.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    You mean a $15 game that contains 3/4 of the floors, requiring you to spend $5 on day 1 DLC to unlock the other 1/4 of the game? And now an $8 DLC a month later to add more floors? I'm with you. It seems more like an interesting experiment in consumer spending on ultra-niche games than a wise business plan.

For me, it doesn't help that Acquire's last US release was a significantly larger, better game. I tried LoLS and put it down a little over halfway through when I realized it made up for the tiny dungeon by requiring a *lot* of farming to survive the ridiculous difficulty spikes. XSEED would have gotten more of my money by charging $20 for the full game and not splitting it out across a couple early DLCs.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Did XSEED actually take the full game and slit it up or was it like this in Japan as well?
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    I don't know. I didn't mean to imply that XSEED chose to split it where Acquire did not. My guess would be that it was split the same way in Japan, possibly spread over a longer period as it's been out for a couple of years there.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    XSEED didn't split it. It was broken up like this in Japan as well.