If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning to Arrive in February

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The BemusedAdministrators
edited July 2011 in Latest Updates
Will Kingdoms of Amalur be released this year? Not by Todd McFarlane's reckoning. Seems we'll have to wait until February to get a chance to play.

Story
" I think this is why aging makes humans die! "

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited July 2011
    I'm there. Forget ME3, give me this.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • RosestormRosestorm Host of The Sectorcast Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I'm right there with you Mac, I want this game something fierce. Especially after the fire chakrams video we saw for the mage characters.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, those chakrams were pretty awesome looking.
  • CipherinthesnoWCipherinthesnoW Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Very excited about this one myself. That doesn't seem to far off. ;P
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I'm ok with it being in February. Soooooo many games left to play...
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited July 2011
    You guys were all so easily seduced by those fire chakrams. I mean, I suppose they look cool but it doesn't seem like anything we haven't seen before. In tons of other games there are flaming weapons that can be flinged out far in front of you.

It's going to be a sweet game. Of course the gameplay needs to be solid but once I'm passed that, the most important thing to me is how beautiful my world is. We'll see how it compares to Oblivion's beautiful world.

Now that it's delayed, I'll be able to finish Skyrim before it comes out.
  • ZbornakZbornak Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    You guys were all so easily seduced by those fire chakrams. I mean, I suppose they look cool but it doesn't seem like anything we haven't seen before. In tons of other games there are flaming weapons that can be flinged out far in front of you.

What makes KoA different is that it's the mage character that gets to use the chakrams. In most RPG, mages are given simple staves to use and their combat abilities are downplayed.
    Get your Portable ID!
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Zbornak said:
    What makes KoA different is that it's the mage character that gets to use the chakrams. In most RPG, mages are given simple staves to use and their combat abilities are downplayed.
    Well, in the games this designer has worked on before (Oblivion/Morrowind) there wasn't much of a fighter/mage distinction.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited July 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:

It's going to be a sweet game. Of course the gameplay needs to be solid but once I'm passed that, the most important thing to me is how beautiful my world is. We'll see how it compares to Oblivion's beautiful world.

Now that it's delayed, I'll be able to finish Skyrim before it comes out.
    One note about this story, it's been slated for 2012 since before PAX East, so it's not a delay this time as much as it's got a rough date.

That said, I like the fire chakrams as much as the next person, but that's not what sold me on this game. Having seen the combat in action and meeting the team behind this, I'm very hopeful for KoA. I can't guarantee anything about the quality having not played it, but I'm more than cautiously optimistic. It's more than the chakrams that have me feeling that way, too.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    Yes, seeing this game on the big screen at PAX East hyped me on it. It looks both gorgeous and fun to play.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited July 2011
    When I play, I'm going to go out of my way to make a character that's resistant to fire and projectile attacks. It's my personal rebellion. Hahaha.

I wonder if there is going to be thievery and stuff, too. And an arena. And guilds. And charismatic townspeople. Uwaaaa! I'm getting excited by comparing it to Oblivion.