If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

New Theme

PawsPaws PurrRPGamer Staff
edited August 2011 in Forum Rules & Announcements
Thanks to Sabin and myself*, we now have an RPGamer theme, hurray! If you don't see it, check your profile options to ensure you're on the default skin.

If you have any feedback, we'd love to hear it. Except the logo. We will be fixing that, and yes we know it's currently ughly.

*my contribution was playing FF3 SNES and commenting on colours.

Comments

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    It looks nice! My only issue is that sometimes there is red text on the brown (for instance, in the Previous Thread || Next Thread section,) and that's very difficult to read.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I've gotten so used to the blue colors that the brown ones look ugly to me now. 8-(
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    You can use the default skin if you want. Go to Settings -> General Settings.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2011
    Took me a couple hours to get used to it, but I'm fine with how it looks now.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I noticed it randomly change on a refresh. It's nice.
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I like it. Makes it fit better with the main site.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2011
    Ocelot wrote: »
    It looks nice! My only issue is that sometimes there is red text on the brown (for instance, in the Previous Thread || Next Thread section,) and that's very difficult to read.

Do you see that red-on-brown anywhere else? It will help us* identify where the colour may be shared.

*where "us" is "I ask Chris to look at it."
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, but after browsing for a while, I can safely say that I've no love for this color scheme. Feels like one of those "high contrast" theme settings that come with Windows that no one in their right mind would ever use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited July 2011
    Paws wrote: »
    Do you see that red-on-brown anywhere else? It will help us* identify where the colour may be shared.

*where "us" is "I ask Chris to look at it."

It's also up on top of threads, the "View First Thread" text is red on brown. At least, I think that's what it says. :)
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Ocelot wrote: »
    It's also up on top of threads, the "View First Thread" text is red on brown. At least, I think that's what it says. :)

More specifically, it's the "firstunread" class in the CSS file. a.firstunread { color: white; } should take care of it.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited July 2011
    Oh, "View First Unread!" That makes more sense, and also underlines the fact that that text is hard to read. :D
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited July 2011
    The theme currently has a tentative positive opinion of it on my part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • RosestormRosestorm Host of The Sectorcast Full Members
    edited July 2011
    I second what Becky said about the brown on red text being a little hard to read
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    I'd like to point out the gray on light brown that's under the category headers.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Love the new theme, very RPGamer in my eyes. Except the logo. But you know that :)
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited August 2011
    "Mark All Forums Read" and "View Forum Leaders" links are red text on brown background. Same with "Previous Thread" "Next Thread". I think those are in the "navlinks" div.
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited August 2011
    I made some changes to resolve most of these issues. The "View Unread Posts" is the hardest because I have no way of changing the link test in just that area, and I don't want to change the background color there to a non-gold color. The red font color definitely has some limitations to it.
    179811.png
    edited August 2011
    One more: View First Unread Post link is red on the gold color.

a.firstunread { color: white} should take care of it?