If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy Type-0 Info Keeps on Coming

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs A Familiar TeacherAdministrators
edited August 2011 in Latest Updates
As Final Fantasy Type-0's Japanese release draws closer, the news on this game keeps pouring in. If the information on the magic system and the kingdom of Concordia weren't enough, then these new screenshots are sure to delight at least some readers.

Story
" I think this is why aging makes humans die! "

Comments

• Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2011
    Gameplay wise it looks good, but I'm really not sold on the 'no main character' thing. It's cool they're trying something new, but I think one of the main appeals of RPGs for me is following the perspective of the main character(s).
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2011
    Final Fantasy 6 technically didn't have a single main character either, y'know.
  • RosestormRosestorm Host of The Sectorcast Full Members
    edited August 2011
    GaijinMonogatari said:

So we're starting that debate again are we? I hope we get this game, the more I hear the more I want it.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Now that's the sort of information I like to read. Looking forward to dusting off the PSP next year for this one.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited August 2011
    The only new info I want to hear about for Type-0 is an NA release date.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2011
    GaijinMonogatari said:

True, I just have the feeling the plot is going to be jumping around a lot more in this case, which I'm wary of. But hey, I'm just being skeptical, it might be great, certainly no objections to any of the rest of the game yet :p
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • SandySandy Final Fanatic Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Severin Mira said:
    It's cool they're trying something new, but I think one of the main appeals of RPGs for me is following the perspective of the main character(s).

I'd wait and see how it feels to play without a specified main character. I think it might be refreshing. I'm seriously contemplating on getting a PSP just for this game.
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Awesome! We've got people from Finland in here!

It's FF so we SHOULD get it, right? I'm sure all you PSP owners are gonna be in love with this.