If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Risen 2: Dark Waters Roundtable Interview

risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title -RPGamer Staff
edited August 2011 in Latest Updates
RPGamer got the chance to talk to Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes about Risen 2: Dark Waters. Look inside to see what they will be showing at Gamescom and what has changed since E3 2011.

-Link to Interview

Comments

• DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited August 2011
    The pirate theme permeates through the game in more than just setting and story. In Risen 1, you could join one of three factions. Depending on what faction you joined, everything from your perspective on the story and the world down to little things like the user interface changed. In fact, to see all of the game's content, you would have to play the game to completion three times. Piranha Bytes is hoping to fix a lot of that with Risen 2.
    Aside from that being a massive exaggeration of the extent factions changed the game (the major changes stopped after chapter 1), are they really trying to say that multiple questlines based on faction choices are a bad thing?
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2011
    ThroneofDravaris said:
    Aside from that being a massive exaggeration of the extent factions changed the game (the major changes stopped after chapter 1), are they really trying to say that multiple questlines based on faction choices are a bad thing?

Seriously. Of all the reviews I read of Risen 1, not a single one mentioned a branching path as a negative.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited August 2011
    I don't know. I kinda get annoyed when I can't get everything in one play.

This game is gonna be AWESOME! I can't wait to make my crew.