If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

With Great Power

Comments

• ZaleraZalera Death Seraph Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Shock Front dropped to the ground as Commander Salamander fired his gun. Once Salamander stopped firing his gun, he stood back up and looked at the damage he caused.

"Sorry... it won't happen again." Shock Front turned to Noah.

Shock Front headed for the alley beside the building Salamander was on. "What to do, what to do?" Shock Front mumbled to himself. He was sure there were people inside the building, so it wouldn't be wise to produce another shockwave. Even sonic blasts would be unsafe since getting hit by one would cause someone to pop like a balloon. And it's a pretty safe guess that there are tons of people in the building that could be accidentally hit by an attack like that.
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited November 2011
    As Mnemonic sat in the bed of the truck, he talked into his communicator, weakly but with anger. "Filibuster! Why the hell didn't you come along?"

As it happened, Filibuster had moved outside of the range of the communicators at just that moment. She had left the station shortly after Mach, Iron Hide, and Frostbite had run off but quickly found that she was in unfamiliar territory in relation to the house. She wandered for some time wondering why the others were having trouble when she heard sirens, and several distressed calls over the communicator later, she heard that the egg had been retrieved. She turned a corner and walked into a person that was out at night. She backed away and glared at the man, royally annoyed that she had been a complete waste as a team leader. The fact that she now ran into some thug in the dark did nothing to improve her mood.

"Hey there neighbor!" The man said with a completely chipper tone that did not match the situation at all. "Whatcha doing out here this late? You lost or something?" The man had a slight accent, he sounded Canadian.

Filibuster still had not fully regained her composure yet, and she had to control herself not to simply use her power and force the man to help her. "Yes, I need to get somewhere... can you help me out?"

The man stood calmly and began to laugh. "Oh, I'm sure I can help you out. Where do you need to get?"

"Downtown, by the Crowne Hotel.. about four miles from the wharf." She wanted to simply return to the warehouse but did not need to give this man the location of the hideout.

"Okay then, well I'm gonna need payment." The man smiled.

Filibuster felt a wave of disgust wash over her and began formulating a new plan when she heard the question "Are you a metahuman?" come from the man's mouth.

Filibuster was caught off guard by the question and upon thinking for a moment, and realizing this man was not with the police, she answered "yeah, so?"

"Okay then!" He clapped. "So am I! Friends call me Wander. Come along, I'll help you out." Wander led Filibuster to a nice looking house. "Sometimes I leave things in my friends houses." He spoke as if he was trying to be funny. "Helps to be able to get back in, but even more dumb of me. Sometimes I forget to lock their doors!"

Filibuster did not know where the man was going with this.

"My power lets me travel. I can get people anywhere they need to be, so long as an intermediary is involved." Wander slowly opened the door, revealing a normal looking room on the other side. He beckoned Filibuster in, and the woman cautiously stepped through as soon as she did, she looked around to find that everything had suddenly been turned in a 90 degree angle to the right.

Filibuster looked behind her to see that Wander was still there, now that they were in a well-lit room, she could see his full-features. He was a tall man at 6'4" with shaggy black hair and a style of dress that looked like he had just walked out from a Ramones concert. "Now back we go!" Wander opened the door that they had just come through again to reveal the Crowne Hotel that Filibuster had designated on the other side. Filibuster uneasily navigated her surroundings and walked out, finding that she was stepping out of a hotel across the street when she turned her head to see what had happened to the room.

"Bye bye now!" Wander called from just beside the door before walking through it again and disappearing from sight entirely.

Filibuster felt incredibly uneasy at this man's appearance, and made her way to the warehouse, hoping that Thallis could somehow get into contact with the team as a whole so they could fully coordinate once again.
  • KhanKhan Heh heh Full Members
    edited December 2011
    ((Hey everybody. Sorry about the long wait, but I had to finish the semester off strong. Hopefully we can get things moving again.))

The police chief gave Ironhide a stern look. "Sir, you realize we are a legitimate police force. We're not going to back down just because of a verbal threat, especially if you've really got a hostage. Now, I don't know why you and your friends came here in the first place, but if the only thing you're negotiating for is an escape you must be in over your head. Why don't you just get down on the ground, put your hands on your head, and turn yourself in, before you're being charged for murder."

"He's not going to make it," Zookeeper said, looking at the others in the trunk of the pickup. "He's too slow to come to us, and we'll get shot up if we go out there to get him. Ms. Filibuster could've helped . . ."

As Filibuster entered the warehouse, she was greeted by a slight man sitting near the door. "Uh, hey? I'm the medic. I mean, I was told I'd get paid if I came here and tended to some sort of injuries, all hush-hush, no questions asked. Are you hurt somehow? Damn, I suppose that was a question. But that kind of question doesn't count, does it?" He held up a bag and moved towards Claire.

Commander Salamander went down as Crank's bullets connected with his back. Tumbling a few feet, he stopped himself with his tail. Now laying on the ground in front of Crank, Salamander pulled his pistol up, squinted down the barrel, and took aim. ((Crank is quick enough to react before Salamander fires.))

Meanwhile, most of the rest of the group was handing the bank thugs off to the police, who handcuffed them and confiscated their firearms. Redwood stepped outside, looking around. "Hey, where did the lizard guy go? And are we missing a few people? Can someone catch me up?"
  • BoltsBolts This made France awesome. Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Crank's eyes widened the moment he found himself staring down the barrel of Salamander's gun. In a split second his instincts took over and jerked him out of the way of the shot, causing the bullet to take off the tip of his ear in the process. That was the last straw. Now there was no delay, no brief time to charge up, no grace period, Crank's powers kicked into full gear at that very moment. The gunman's boot shot out from beneath him, kicking the gun out of Salamander's. In the next second, Crank had drawn both his berrettas, taken aim, and fired a shot into each of Salamander's appendages, making sure to put an extra few in the tail for good measure. Once that was done though, things took a slightly more sinister turn. Crank jammed the barrel of the gun into Salamander's mouth, possibly shattering a few of his teeth in the process, not that he cared. "You....stupid.....son of a bit**," Crank growled as he stared down Salamander. His knee dug into the former commander's chest as he pressed the barrel of the gun still further towards the back of his throat. "Give me a reason. Give me one good fu**ing reason not to kill you right now! You gonna fix my ear? I hope so for your sake because if I end up looking like fu**ing Vincent van Gogh, you're not making it to the courthouse."
    que?
    edited December 2011
    Filibuster glared at the medic, cursing her own uselessness but quickly shoving her self-pity aside. "There will be some injured heading here shortly." She began to speak through her comm set, hurriedly talking to Iron-Hide.

"Iron Hide, change of plans." She began to the doctor. "Give up and go along with the police. Take their beatings and go along, I don't think there's any way we can get out of this situation without making things worse, so let's cut our losses here. You have my word that Mnemonic and I will get you out of prison as soon as we can." The model waited for a response as she swallowed heavily, not wanting her leadership to waiver and knowing that her power would hold no effect over electronic devices.

Prosperity looked around, wondering at Redwood's questions. He answered them in turn "That way, I think" He pointed in the direction that he thought he saw Salamander run off in. "I think... umm... Crank, is chasing him." He was having trouble remembering everyone's aliases... As for catching you up, I think we won, buddy!" Prosperity began waiting for Crank, he wanted to do something before having Relocation take them away, a kind of send-off. "Don't mingle too much." he carefully advised the others present. "If we're playing the part of heroes, we should exit hero style."
  • icbmalariaicbmalaria Let Mom sleep Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Sketch nodded in agreement. She casually watched the horse as it slowly walked across the bank. The dog bounded out the door, giving chase to something or someone outside. She watched the horse a moment longer before picking up the original drawing and erasing some of it, causing the horse to vanish. She planned on re-using the drawing but while erasing some of it she tore the paper. "Damn!" She crumbled the rest of it up and threw it at a wastebasket. "Now I have to draw another one. That took me hours too," She mumbled to herself. Suddenly an idea crossed her mind. She immediately turned to Prosperity. "If I were to give you a couple of my drawings do you think you could copy them?" Sketch stared hopefully at the human copy machine.
    edited December 2011
    Prosperity thought. "I should be able to. It's physical matter and as long as it's not too big I can copy it plenty of times." he stated, smiling at the artist.
  • GORNGORN Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    As Salamander squirmed on the ground, the roof-access door burst open and 5 S.W.A.T. agents poured out. They circled the two men and took aim, ready to shoot if either of them made any sudden movements. "Lower your weapons, put your hands over your head, and get on the ground!" one of the agents shouted. A helicopter could be heard steadily approaching them in the distance.

Back in the main conference room, Colonel Steele kept monitoring the police radios. He was glad that things seemed to have ended well at the bank, but he was growing more and more concerned at the S.W.A.T. reports that were coming in. "I swear to God, Noah, don't screw this up," he thought.
    Wait. Did I spell that right?
    edited December 2011
    Crank pressed the barrel of his gun further into Salamanders throat, triggering the man's gag reflex in the process. A low growl escaped him as he raised one of his pistols into the air and removed the magazine from it. Only then did he remove the magazine from the gun in salamanders throat as he rose up from the man, still aiming both pistols at him. "Still one in the chamber a**hole...." he said, before eying the swat members. "I guess you boys don't care about the whole Red Major thing huh?" Crank sighed before tossing his weapons to the side and placing his hands atop his head. "This is fu**ing ridiculous. Should've just let me kill him and be done with it." Noah finally turned to one of the S.W.A.T agents before saying, "Hey, who's going to fix my ear. Lizard lips here decided to blow part of it off."

---

Ironhide listened to the orders carefully, keeping an ever vigilant eye on the police as he did. "....Alright officer, you got me!" he said, tossing the fence post far behind him. "Take me away. I simply can't live this treacherous life of villainy any longer. Oh woe is me for ever thinking I could stand up to such fine officers as yourselves......Sorry about your cars by the way," he said, pointing towards the three to four squad cars with various appliances jammed through them.
    que?
    edited December 2011
    "You misunderstand," the S.W.A.T. member replied as the others took Salamander into custody. "A 'Red Major' just means that we let you metahumans do the heavy lifting. It doesn't give you military authority." The man lowered his gun and followed his team back to the roof access door. "You know, I thought you guys were gonna be hot stuff," he said as he stopped and turned back. He rubbed his ear with his finger. "I guess the scars will prove otherwise," he said before closing the door behind him.

Meanwhile, Relocation was getting antsy, so he walked over to one of the police officers. "Excuse me, but have any reports regarding Comander Salamander come in recently?"

The officer gave him a perplexed look. "Yeah, S.W.A.T. just apprehended him down on Lexington Ave, right by the old 312 apartments. I thought you guys knew already," he said.

"Oh, thanks," replied Garret. "Man, we really need communicators," he thought before turning toward the others. "I'm gonna go find Crank," He said.

"Look for Shockfront, too," Tornado said. "He went after that lizard guy, too."

Garret nodded before teleporting down the street. At the apartments, he looked around before shouting, "Shockfront! Crank! Where are you?!"

(I will be controlling Duce's Characters until he returns.)

After ditching the nurses, who later assumed that the two had just played a pratical joke on them, Lye and Anne returned to the warehouse. Upon entering, Anne looked around and, seeing only Ms. Filibuster and this new person, asked "Where are the others?" Neither she nor Lye knew what had happened to Ironhide, as they had taken their ear pieces out after they left the hospital.
    edited December 2011
    "Playing the part of heroes," Redwood repeated slowly. He smiled widely at Prosperity, a sight that would take some getting used to due to his wooden form. "I like the sound of that!"

The officer's tense looks turned to confused glances as the good doctor turned himself in. The chief thought about it for a few seconds, almost certain this metal man before him was still playing games. He even would have heard the getaway truck revving up, if not for the sudden wailing arrival of an ambulance and an emergency response team. "Okay, big man, get out of the way and get down on the ground. Malone, inform the new people on the scene that we've got multiple men incapacitated inside a collapsing building. Your going to need to help them out, there may be some more . . . costumed kooks in there. That's the nicest way I can put that. Handling this one is going to be a whole different story. We're going to need some serious restraints. Hands where we can see 'em, metal man! You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law . . ." Meanwhile, the remaining members of the team rode back to the warehouse in silence.

((Merry Christmas, people! We've essentially completed the first missions!))

All except for one villain had found their way back to the meeting point. Upon seeing the bleeding caused by the rubber bullets, the flustered young medic sprung into action, laying the injured out and soothing their pains as much as he could. While he was in the midst of this process, the projector in the middle of the room flickered on, and once again the ceiling was plastered with an image of the person called Thallis. "Report! I am guessing that you were successful to a degree, since most of you bothered to return, but it is obvious that your execution was imperfect. Not only is your current state deplorable, with a surprising number of you injured and one of you entirely absent, but according to my monitoring your movements have been thoroughly erratic. Have your identities been compromised within your first attempt at serving me? SPEAK!"
    edited December 2011
    "No." Onoma coldly said, glaring at the image above them. "We wouldn't be f***ed up and missing the iron giant if our plan hadn't been complete s**t." Cali turned her cold stare at Filibuster, "Or maybe it wasn't the plan. Maybe it was our leader that was complete s**t."
    edited December 2011
    "Hold your tongue!" Filibuster spoke to Onoma, using her voice as a command for silence as she stood up to speak. "Thallis, the plan would have worked well had it not been for a confounding variable which arose during the course of action. Mr. Green had a fellow meta-human in his employ as the chief of security. I am unsure as to this man's power, but from what I gathered it is a form of tracing ability, which he was able to exploit to learn of our approach. As for the actual mission, we were able to recover the egg. Our failings, as you may have surmised, arrive with regards to Ironhide. Given Ironhide's position in front of the gates, it would have been a foolish mission to bring the getaway vehicle around, lest it be riddled with bullets. For my part, I did fail by losing my way to the house when I could have helped. However, I do come bearing some information. I came across another meta-human on my own; from what I surmise of his power, he may be useful to us if he could be recruited. However, that should wait I think, until after we retrieve Iron-hide.

"I have already begun planning for our retrieval. I wish to merely bring myself, Mnemonic, and Bookworm for this mission. I believe the three of us are most well-suited for a stealth based mission whereas the others may better use their talents in more combat-oriented fields. We do need to act fast lest Iron-hide betray us and reveal more than we would like to share, but I would request a brief reprieve be given for Mnemonic to heal and for us to find where they are holding Iron-hide. I cannot imagine he would be kept in an average jail or prison given his stature. Once we ascertain these two datum, we can move out and bring him back." Filibuster had been spending the entire time pacing, and as she finished her paragraph, she turned to listen to Thallis' response.
    edited December 2011
    Noah glared back at the SWAT officer, fighting a very strong urge to break the man's face against the nearest blunt object. Gradually though his adrenaline rush began to die off, leaving him fairly drained. After retrieving his weapons, Crank made his way back down the fire escape, deciding that if he simply took the stairs there'd be too much risk of him running into that SWAT agent again. Tucked away in his pocket was the chunk of ear that had been shot off in his fight with Salamander. If he couldn't get it sewn back on then old lizard lips was going to have one hell of a short trial. As he neared the group he pulled a single cigarette out of his pocket, tucking it between one of the conveniently sized breathing holes in his mask. It was only then that he realized he'd once again forgotten his lighter. "Skeeeeeeetch!! You got a light!? I need something to take my mind off the fact I just had part of my fu**ing ear blown off!"
    que?
    edited December 2011
    "Oh my god your ear! What happened?!" Sketch stared horrified at the sight. She fumbled for her lighter and handed it to Crank. "We need to get you to a hospital...Relocation, teleport us to the hospital now, hurry!" She lit up a cigarette of her own to help calm herself down.

Unable to speak, Onoma glared at Filibuster as well as at the rest of her team. No one else had bothered to speak out against their forced leader and her bad first impression. She fought the urge to write some good, damaging word on the woman. 'Maybe some other time.'
    edited December 2011
    Crank ignored Sketch's various ear splitting screams before taking the lighter. After taking one fairly long drag he let the smoke exude out from the holes in his mask. It was only then that he handed the lighter back to the girl and moved to speak. "Hey,.....hey, hey, hey!.....Shutup." he stated flatly, leaning in so that he was only a few inches from the Sketch's face. Crank then raised a single hand to the girl's forehead before thunking her right between the eyes with his middle finger. "Hospitals ask questions and if we're going to keep this whole 'secret identity' thing going then questions are something we need to avoid. I'm sure they'll have someone that can fix me up back at the base."
    que?
    edited January 2012
    "Woo!" exclaimed Scar. "Mission success! Alright Relocation, beam us up!"

Garret looked at Caleb. "Uh, you mean back to the base?"

"Yeah," Scar replied. "Where else?"

"I don't know if I can do that," Garret said. "I mean, I've seen the inside of the base and all, but I don't know where it is spatially."

"He's got a point," Todd said. "Could get messy."

"Oh, I don't think that'll happen," Caleb said. "If he doesn't know exactly where the base is, the worse that could happen is that nothing happens. . . I think."

Garret thought for a moment. "Alright, I'll try it. Let's see if this works."

Garret teleported himself, and for a few seconds, everyone waited anxiously. Then, he popped back next to the group. "Hey, it worked!"

"See?" Caleb said.

Todd wiped the sweat from his forehead.

Once everyone was back at the base (and those that needed medical attention had received it), Colonel Steele gathered everyone in the main conference room.

"Everyone, I'd like to say that I am quite impressed by your first performance," he said. "I didn't expect you all to be so successful on your first mission. Congratulations are in order. That being said, some of you made mistakes."

He turned towards Noah. "Crank, while you've improved since I first met you, you need to work on controlling your temper. I mean, it was bad enough that you almost got shot by S.W.A.T. today. Imagine if you'd done this mission just three days ago. You would have killed that suspect, or even worse, killed a police officer. Get your temper under control."

"And you," Steele said as he turned to face Shockfront. "You almost killed someone as well. Your ability is lethal, so let's not take it lightly in the future."

The Colonel faced the group. "I want all of you to prepare for your next mission. Do whatever has to be done so that none of you make mistakes next time. Hone your abilities, start filling your vault, whatever. Be prepared. Shockfront, I highly recommend that you work on your powers. Crank, consider taking anger management courses, or something."

Just then, a light on the desk where Sam was sitting began blinking. "Alright, everyone's dismissed. I'll take your questions and comments once I've taken this." Once everyone was out of the room, he tapped the blinking light. Instantly, the image of a man's head and shoulders was projected above the table. The man was bald, with prominent cheek bones and a beak-like nose. He had brown eyes, and he wore a Colonel's uniform. When the two men saw each other, they glared.

"Colonel Fowler," Steele said, almost with a growl.

"It's been awhile, Colonel Steele," the other man replied with the slightest Southern accent.

"Not long enough," Steele replied.

"Likewise," Fowler retorted.

"What do you want?"

"We've been summoned to a meeting with General McCullen."

Not a moment after finishing his sentence, the image of another man appeared next to Fowler. This man was bald also, but his head was much more rounded than either of the other men, and he had a pair of reading glasses.

"General McCullen," both Colonels saluted.

"At ease," the General replied. "Gentlemen, both of you, as well as a few others, were tasked earlier last month to assemble a response team for any new threats that the events of the new year may have caused. Back in mid January, both of your projects showed the most promise." McCullen paused to rub his forehead. "Of course, at the time, I was unaware that you were recruiting ordinary civilians for your program, Colonel Steele."

"With all due respect, sir," Steele replied. "I thought it was understood that we would not be able to recruit active military personnel, the majority of which are currently overseas."

“That is correct. What of it?” the General asked.

“Well, if I can’t get anyone from the military, who’s left, other than citizens?” Steele replied.

“I’m sure that there are plenty of candidates within various police forces and crime prevention organizations who would be quite useful.”

“Well then, what’s the point? The reason we were supposed to put these teams together was so that we wouldn’t have to call in the military if the police can’t handle a situation. I’d say that they’re working pretty hard to keep things under control right now. Why thin their ranks further?” Steele was starting to get frustrated.

“A good point,” Colonel Fowler said. “However, how is a group of untrained strangers supposed to help them?”

“Speaking of help. . .” General McCullen continued. “Your team didn’t have authorization to engage the hostiles when you sent them into the field.”

“So I should have just let that madman burn those six hostages?” Steele replied.

“You should have waited for proper clearance,” McCullen said, glaring at Steele. “Now, as it stands, Colonel Fowler’s team is ready to take on missions. Seeing as most of your team needs training, I’m letting Fowler take on the heavier missions. Your team will handle the lighter stuff for now.”

Colonel Steele was visibly frustrated at this point, while Fowler looked surprised. “You’re not shutting him down, sir?”

“I can’t argue with the results,” McCullen replied. “They did well for their first performance. Gentleman, dismissed.”

With that, both images vanished. Steele sat in his chair for awhile, pondering his situation. Finally, he got up and headed into the hallway. “Alright, anyone got questions?”

Meanwhile, Scar approached Stealth Command. “Hey, do you think you could teach me some moves? I just want to be able to do more next time, you know?”

(Profiles for McCullen and Fowler will come at some point.)
    edited January 2012
    "Some moves?" Stealth Command turned, appraising Scar. "Was your code name Scar? I don't recall what your contribution to this team is."

Thallis sighed audibly. "Tell me that you at least returned with the egg."

" . . . Oh, yeah. I've got it." Zookeeper took off the necklace and held it in front of one of the cameras.

"Yes, yes, that's it. It is a relief to know you succeed in your ends, even if the means were somewhat lacking. Place it carefully in the metal box, from which you initially took your communication devices.

Now then. I can, to an extent, understand the difficulty of dealing with a single metahuman. Considering my primary contribution to the theft was information, this gap in your knowledge is my fault. That said, had your team been at full strength, one empowered individual would have been an insignificant problem. As it stands, four of your people, assets that I chose specifically for their benefit to my project, were squandered. They never reached the mansion, so they never contributed. Do not try to deny this -- your comm sets have tracking devices built into them, and I have been monitoring your positions. Filibuster, I will allow that you . . . got lost. Somehow, you managed to move in the exact wrong direction, and you therefore moved outside of the intended range of communication. I also imagine that this other metahuman you met had something with your signal disappearing entirely, then appearing moments later in your current location. We will discuss this in more detail later.

However, this still leaves three absences unaccounted for. Explain why Psy-KO and Bookworm were at a hospital the entire duration, and why Mach was essentially everywhere but the mansion."
    edited January 2012
    "Sir," Filibuster began once again. "The original plan intended for us to rendezvous with Psy-KO and Bookworm at the hospital once we retrieved the egg. The original mission plan did not account for the security knowing beforehand that we would attack, and thus it was more stealth oriented, with Mnemonic keeping presences concealed while Ms. Fortune, Onoma, and zookeeper provided support with their abilities where necessary in getting through the mansions defenses. Myself, Mach, Iron-Hide, and Frostbite were all simply a contingency plan should the mission have gone awry, where we would storm the mansion and simply take the egg. The plan then called for us to have an escape route and an alibi. Bookworm was to check Psy-KO into the hospital, saying she was suffering from some general ailments. We would then enter, and wait long enough so that the nurses would remember our presence, securing an alibi should the need have arisen for one. We would have Mnemonic conceal our escape and our actual entrance, however, allowing for the actual time of our arrival to remain secluded through some additional aid via Fortune to the security cameras. This phase of the plan never occurred however, as Mnemonic was shot early on and the police appeared much sooner than we had hoped. As for Mach, I believe those at the scene can best answer that query-"

"***K** WAS DRUNK!!!" Mnemonic groggily yelled from his stupor. "STUPID PIECE 'o ***T'S PROBABLY STILL DRUNK! AT LEAST THE IRON GIANT HAS AN EXCUSE FOR BEING DEAD-WEIGHT!" Mnemonic had not liked Mach from the get-go, reminding him of the worst students he had encountered in his classes, and having been recently shot and none too happy with the outcome of this mission only served to make him all the angrier when Thallis had reminded him of Mach.
    edited January 2012
    "Anger management my a-" Noah stopped his thought short, choosing to simply grit his teeth and bear it while Steele rattled of his and Shockfront's faults. So what if he might have killed Salamander? That bastard was probably getting life after the half-dozen people he tried to burn alive. In Noah's mind he'd almost have been doing the man a favor by putting a bullet in his throat. The moment they were dismissed, Noah practically stomped out of the room, pounding his fist against the wall the moment the door shut behind them. "Fu**ing S.W.A.T. Think they can just show up and take the credit for my handiwork? Those bastards didn't even have the situation under control before we got there!" The more he thought about the S.W.A.T members dragging away Salimander, the more infuriated Noah became.

When Steele finally returned though, Noah just glared back at the man. He didn't want to speak, lord knew what he'd say if he even tried. Still, there were some questions he needed answering. "Yeah, can I leave now? I've got to start looking for an apartment if I want to avoid living in some rundown hotel any longer than I have to."
    que?
    edited January 2012
    Alana held back a laugh when Noah pounded the wall, basically proving the General's point. Though then she remembered his ear and she felt bad for him. Noah asked a good question, Alana herself was staying in a crummy hotel. She thought to herself for a moment, wondering where she could live and with who. Perhaps one of her new teammates would want to room with her. 'Why not all of them, haha- wait...'

"I have a great idea! We could all rent a big house and room together," Alana paused to silently count everyone, "We could find a ten bedroom house and I could even try out new hairstyles on everyone! That sounds like fun! Plus for what we're doing it might make things easier."
    edited January 2012
    Colonel Steele shook his head. "I'll let you guys take care of housing arrangements, but before that, I need to give you these," he said, pulling a small case from his pocket. He opened the case, revealing what appeared to be tiny disks with black dots in their centers. "These are your communicators. Put them in your ear with the dots facing outward. Press the center if you want to talk into it. If you just want to listen, don't touch it."

Todd took a communicator and put it in his ear. "Good fit," he said.

Scar picked one of the communicators before continuing his conversation with Stealth Command. "I'm a regenerator. Right now, I guess I'm just a meat shield."
    edited January 2012
    "Awesome. More superhero gadgets." Devon picked up a communicator, turning it over in his palm. He considered Alana's suggestion for a few moments. "Well, I don't have permanent lodging yet, either. I don't really know how any of you are as roommates, but I'd be willing to give it a try. Actually, is anyone against that idea? It might be a good way to bond as a team, or something." The professor shrugged.

Tory picked up a communicator as well. "A meat shield . . . Some close combat training could make you a little more useful, and of course some practice with a firearm." He looked the boy over again, sighing. Without knowing who Colonel Fowler was, Stealth Command had begun to agree with the man. As the one with the highest credentials on the team, he couldn't help but feel disappointed by the lack of training most of the others had. "I'm going to be straight with you, kid. I don't think you have the discipline that it takes to learn my 'moves.' Your power my help you out, but if you can't put enough of your time and effort into it, I'm not going to waste any of mine. So let's get this clear right away; if you want to learn from me, you're going to have to do whatever I say, unless it conflicts with an order from a superior. No questions asked. Understood?"

Thallis nodded along with Filibuster's explanation, and was about to speak when Mnemonic threw his own two cents in. "He was . . . drunk? Are you serious?"

"Hey, f**k you, bro!" Mach balled a fist up, ready to punch the injured man.

"HALT." Rather than yell his command, Thallis had simply raised the volume of the transmission to a deafening boom. Successfully stopping Mach in his tracks, he turned the sound back down before continuing. "Let me put this in terms that all of you will understand; I will not tolerate bulls**t. The definition of the term is rather broad, but I'm sure all of you can figure it out. In other words, if at any given point I determine that you are no longer of use to me, or are in fact counterproductive to my goals, I will be rid of you. Mach, do you appreciate the simplicity of this system?"

"You know what? F**k you too! You can't do s**t to me! You're just a floating head on the ceiling!"

Even through his helmet, Thallis reacted visibly to the challenging of his authority. "Was I too vague for you, simpleton? Very well. Let us temporarily ignore the fact that I know who your true identity, and could divulge it to whatever authorities I deemed proper. As it stands, any punishment handed down by the judicial system would be the least of your worries. Instead, you should be concerned with what happens when I do nothing."

"What?"

"That is, when I do nothing to stop the people around you from tearing you apart. They are your comrades now, and they will rely on you not making an idiot of yourself. If you do, the consequences of your actions will affect them as well, and they will want revenge. Furthermore, the more costly your shenanigans become, the less interested I will be in stopping them. At a certain point, I can only sit back and watch as they freeze your legs solid, then chase you about until you shatter them yourself. Mach, I dare you to find that point."

Mach did not have a verbal response to this challenge, so Thallis turned back to Ms. Filibuster. "While normally a very useful precaution to take, the establishment of an alibi is superfluous in the context of your group. Your costumes mask your identity to a degree. Mnemonic can erase you from the minds of witnesses. Bookworm should be able to handle most computerized security measures. I don't believe any of you are currently in any criminal databases, so fingerprints would not lead the authorities directly to you. If they could still manage to charge you, I might have to make a greater contribution to this project, so long as I consider it worth my resources. Do you understand?"
    edited January 2012
    Abel took a communicator and put it in his ear. "I'm not against the idea. Bonding sounds great." he said.

----

Frostbite remained silent. That was the best thing she could do at the time.
    edited January 2012
    Noah grumbled as he picked up a communicator and stuff it in his ear. "Yeah, this isn't going to get irritating," the gunman sighed as he wiggled the small device around to try and get it in a comfortable position. He had to admit, Alana's idea wasn't terrible. They'd certainly save a good deal of money, if of course they could avoid killing each other. "Look, I don't really care either way. But if I have to live with you, you're going to have to stop that shouting, Alana." Noah scratched the back of his head whilst attempting to think up a few more demands before he agreed to live with any of them. "Other than that as long as you keep letting me bum cigarettes and keep your lighter handy when I forget mine then you can shave my head for all I care. There's just one small problem with this whole plan. Where the hell are we going to get a 10 bedroom home on this short of notice in the middle of Washington?"
    que?
    edited January 2012
    "Internet." Alana responded with a shrug, "I'm sure the ten of us can find a couple of different places. And with this guy being able to poof us here and there, we'll find a house in no time." She smiled at Relocation before turning back to Noah, a look of embarrassment spreading across her face. "But yeah, I'll work on the shouting." Alana grinned and gave him a thumbs up, "And you can count on me to be your cancer buddy." She picked up a communicator and secured it in her ear. The small device fit perfectly. "Guess we should get started on the house hunt then."

Onoma spoke up again, "Yes. It's agreed most of us f***ed up in some way. Some more than others. But now why don't we work on getting Ironhide back." She smirked at Filibuster, "You said you have a plan, right. Let's hope it's better than your last one."
    edited January 2012
    "I'll be impressed if that actually works," Noah said callously. "Look, you can look around on the net if you want to. Me, I've got some personal matters to attend to. I'll cruise around town and see what I find in the wake of living arrangements but I still doubt you're going to find anyone willing to allow 10 people to move into a building with less than a 24 hour warning." With that, Noah departed down the hallway, raising a single hand back towards the group as he did. "If you need me you've got my ear," he stated, indicating the communicator lodged uncomfortably against his eardrum. Noah first made his way towards the locker room to change into his usual street clothes before departing to the garage and exiting the facility on his motorcycle.
    que?
    edited January 2012
    "Good luck on the 'house hunt.'" Abel said to Alana, smiling. "I should go. I'll be in the...combat room if you need me." Abel said to the others.
    edited January 2012
    Alana raised an eyebrow at Noah and began to answer him but Abel started talking to her, and by then the adrenaline junkie had already left.
    'Oh wait! The communicator! I already love this thing! Hahaha, this guy is really going to hate me.' She pressed the button on her communicator, "Hey, Noah. We're still going to have to stay at motels for a bit longer whether we all live together or not. Most apartments don't let you move in day one anyways. Paperwork and all that other crap can take a few days to work out. I bet you though I can find us a place to live by the end of the day. And we can probably move in sometime later this week." The hair stylist waved goodbye to the others still in the room, "All right guys, I'm getting us a house." After leaving the complex, she hopped in a taxi and headed towards the nearest library. While she figured there was probably a computer she could have used back in the base, she wanted to get out of there for a while. Plus she could pick up some house and apartment catalogs while she was out. Alana sat down at a computer in the library and began her search for a house.
    edited January 2012
    A high pitched ring shot through Noah's ears as the communicator finished adjusting itself for its first call. For awhile the gunman struggled to get his ear to stop ringing before he could even begin to make out the message. "I already knew that, da** it. Nobody listens." he thought to himself as the girl finished. "Whatever, just keep me posted," he said back into the communicator as he made his way down the street. He stopped in front of a local pet store where he purchased a small bottle of fish feed. Once he arrived back at the motel, Noah made his way up to his room where his pet beta fish, Scooter, awaited him. As he entered the fish simply swam around in a circle as it always did. Not like there was anywhere else for it to go. "Evening, Scoot. See anything new today?" For a moment it looked like the fish was actually glaring at Noah for his comment. "Alright, alright, here's your food." Noah responded, dropping a few flakes into the top of the bowl before falling flat onto the cheaply made bed. "....Let's see....one ear shot.....the other ear with a slightly annoying girl constantly yammering in it...... Somebody up there must hate me..."
    que?