If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

New Professor Layton Game Includes Lengthy RPG

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited September 2011 in Latest Updates
Retro RPG fans might want to check out Professor Layton and the Last Specter. Turns out the Professor is holding onto a hidden gem by Brownie Brown.
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• wfbwfb Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Ocelot said:
    Finishing that game gives access to a hidden gem by Brownie Brown[/URL].
    It's unlocked from the beginning in the US version.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/29/professor-layton-and-the-last-specter-to-haunt-nintendo-ds-in-october/
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2011
    Thanks, I'll fix that up!
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited September 2011
    That's a surprising thing to have inside the game. Wonder if it's any fun to play...
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    I love 16-bit RPG's!
  • CofLSilkCofLSilk RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2011
    From what I've seen about this game, it involves you playing a character with one of 20 life paths. I'd assume that the "100 hours" is most likely ~5 hours per career. It's still a pretty neat bonus to a pretty good puzzle series.
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited September 2011
    It's in the American version but not the European version? Why would they do that?
  • He Who LurksHe Who Lurks AWESOME! Full Members
    edited September 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    It's in the American version but not the European version? Why would they do that?
    Payback for Xenowhatever?
    I'm He Who Lurks, and I'm AWESOME!
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2011
    Translation issues; I guess they didn't have the time/budget to put it in all the Euro languages.

At least the DS is region free, so English-speaking Eurogamers can import if they like.