If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fire Emblem Returns in 3D

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited September 2011 in Latest Updates
Fire Emblem is back and in 3D, but it also has new features that gamers actually care about like a new story and gameplay features. If North America gets this, maybe it will help the sting from missing the last one on DS.

Story

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Thread Opening Post By Rebochan:

Details are pretty scarce at the moment, but here ya go.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/12/brand-new-fire-emblem-coming-to-3ds-next-spring/

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kyWch8Y7rc&feature=channel_video_title

Really, really hoping this one doesn't slip through the cracks the way the last one did. Seriously, the last several FE titles had higher sales outside Japan, period. They're idiots for letting it waste away like this. But then again, if they weren't idiots, I guess they wouldn't be making localization choices for NoA.
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited September 2011
    So true. This was the highlight of the 3DS conference. I need this now.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited September 2011
    DID I JUST SEE IKE!? PLEASE tell me I did!
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs A Familiar Teacher Administrators
    edited September 2011
    I second Mac's sentiments. Since it'll on the 3DS, I'm hoping that NoA, NLC, or whoever decides these localization matters isn't skittish about this game.
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited September 2011
    It looks like it. Maybe we'll be getting a third game in the Tellius series? Seems odd considering how they wrapped that up pretty well in RD though.

Speaking of, it's kind of sad, but they've easily made a better LOOKING game than RD on the 3DS here. The animations alone are much better.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • stratrpgamerstratrpgamer Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Don't forget Mystery of the Emblem for DS. Still worth importing.
    edited September 2011
    Rebochan said:
    It looks like it. Maybe we'll be getting a third game in the Tellius series? Seems odd considering how they wrapped that up pretty well in RD though.

Speaking of, it's kind of sad, but they've easily made a better LOOKING game than RD on the 3DS here. The animations alone are much better.
    Actually, Ike and Soren left without a word at the end of that, and it was said they were traveling beyond the desert. Which means we have an entire continent to explore. Also, I saw co-op attacks there. Me likey.
    User Database Check
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited September 2011
    Surprisingly, this looks really awesome. Before clicking the link, I assumed this was going to be yet another remake done in the same style as the previous two DS Fire Emblems. Was I ever wrong, haha. This is might make me consider getting a 3DS. Of course, the question is, will it ever get localized?
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
    edited September 2011
    ChickenGod said:
    Surprisingly, this looks really awesome. Before clicking the link, I assumed this was going to be yet another remake done in the same style as the previous two DS Fire Emblems. Was I ever wrong, haha. This is might make me consider getting a 3DS. Of course, the question is, will it ever get localized?
    This is the problem I'm having. If it's not going to be localized, there will be much fanboy raging and foaming at the mouth (not done by me, but the fandom in general). Knowing our luck, it wouldn't be surprising if NoA didn't bring it over.
    User Database Check
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Rebochan said:
    Seriously, the last several FE titles had higher sales outside Japan, period. They're idiots for letting it waste away like this. But then again, if they weren't idiots, I guess they wouldn't be making localization choices for NoA.
    Are there any recent FE titles that weren't localized? At this point, I wouldn't be terrible surprised if a roulette wheel or dart board was involved with NOA's localization decisions.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited September 2011
    shoptroll said:
    Are there any recent FE titles that weren't localized?
    Yes. Japan got another FE remake for the DS back in the summer of 2010. I am still waiting on that. It's Book 2 of Marth's story.
    edited September 2011
    So THAT'S the guy who made me think I was looking at Ike during the attack animations.
    User Database Check
  • SirusjrSirusjr Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    If this is localized I might have a reason to pick up a 3DS down the line. It will be interesting to see where this plot fits in with the rest of the games.
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2011
    ...Is it just me or do those character designs seem similar to something from a Valkyria Chronicles game? They look great, regardless.

Anyways, we have a new story, new characters, tag-team attacks reminiscent of a SRW game, animated 3D cutscenes, and 3D battles that seems to combine the styles of the GBA and Radiance games. I really like how this game has been shaping up so far. If this comes over to the US I'll be very happy.
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited September 2011
    I would buy a 3DS for this.
    edited September 2011
    If it gets localized, so would I.

That's kind of the big one here. If NoA refuses to support their hardware, I won't buy a 3DS. If they bring over titles like this instead of just Mario and Zelda and Kirby, I'll get one.
  • Glowing HyrenGlowing Hyren Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    I'm not seeing Ike here, but there definitely is someone with blue hair, but that's not really saying much since that could be anyone. Anyways, I'm pretty excited for this; we haven't had a Fire Emblem game over here in years and I'm pretty excited. So much so that I may now go back and finish the last two that I never did. Now Nintendo just needs to announce a new Advance Wars and I'll be totally happy with my 3DS for a while.
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral
    edited September 2011
    Yea, the new guy isn't Ike - the character art is distinctly non-Ikeian. Plus some people over on GAF read the Japanese and his name is apparently "Chrome".
    edited September 2011
    Rebochan said:
    Yea, the new guy isn't Ike - the character art is distinctly non-Ikeian. Plus some people over on GAF read the Japanese and his name is apparently "Chrome".
    When I first saw the video for it he never got a portrait or anything other than the battle scenes, in which he did look like Ike in the few seconds it showed him, but that could just be his character model doing that.
    User Database Check
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Rebochan said:
    I'm torn... if there's an NA version and it allows for nicknames, do I call him "Mozilla" or "Firefox"? :p
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • Glowing HyrenGlowing Hyren Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Shaymin said:
    I'm torn... if there's an NA version and it allows for nicknames, do I call him "Mozilla" or "Firefox"? :p
    Obviously you call him IE9 or maybe Opera.
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral
  • randal77randal77 well well, look who it is Full Members
    edited September 2011
    A new Fire Emblem! I anxiously clicked the picture links to see them larger... And yes! They got rid of the god-awful art style that Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the FE3 remake had, and replaced it with a nicer, sharper anime style!

I'm so happy...

Yes this counts towards a reason to buy a 3DS, assuming a localisation announcement is made.
    Wait a second... If you're here, than that means... oh boy
  • Private PrinnyPrivate Prinny Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    randal77 said:

I'm so happy...

Yes this counts towards a reason to buy a 3DS, assuming a localisation announcement is made.

^This!

I am still angry at Nintendo not bringing over the last FE. But localize this (and possible a new Advance Wars for 3DS) and that would be a instant buy for me.
    I bougth a Gamecube only for Fire Emblem PoR, and so did I with the Wii and FE RD.....gimme a reason to buy the 3DS this time arround.
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited September 2011
    If Nintendo doesn't localize it, I'll just import. I finally gave up and ordered the remake of the third game's new content off eBay. I already played that game once without understanding the nuances, so another round won't matter.
    As for this one in particular - I'm interested, but not enough to automatically buy a 3DS. I'll wait awhile like I did with the GBA and DS until plenty of software is around.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2011
    JuMeSyn said:
    If Nintendo doesn't localize it, I'll just import. I finally gave up and ordered the remake of the third game's new content off eBay. I already played that game once without understanding the nuances, so another round won't matter.
    As for this one in particular - I'm interested, but not enough to automatically buy a 3DS. I'll wait awhile like I did with the GBA and DS until plenty of software is around.
    Import it, but the 3DS isn't region free!