If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Tune Your Robot in Solatorobo

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited September 2011 in Latest Updates
Have you ever wondered how anthropomorphized animals improve their machines? By playing Tetris, apparently.

[Link]

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited September 2011
    Oh I'm loving how that customization looks.
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited September 2011
    The system loosely resemble Arc Rise Fantasia's Arms Force Frame, which also had pieces that looked like Tetris blocks that fit into a frame. I wonder if you get any bonuses for completely filling up the grid in Solatorobo.
    Reincarnation, realization
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited September 2011
    It reminds me of fiddling with the modules in Infinite Space. Also, completely filling the grid is likely a very difficult task. Unless a bonus area opens after the end (which is quite possible) I haven't found enough P Crystals to do the job. Then again, I could be missing something.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Unless a bonus area opens after the end (which is quite possible) I haven't found enough P Crystals to do the job. Then again, I could be missing something.
    Well there are repeatable quests in the game, which includes
    Spoiler:
    two boss rush ones post-game
    and those give 5 P Crystals each time you complete them.

However a better way would be to do
    Spoiler:
    the new game+. You keep what you've done so far and still get P Crystals from all the quests again

Note: The above comments were mostly game-play spoilers, but I thought I had better blank them out in case.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2011
    Also, you can get P Crystals through the fishing mini-game.
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2011
    Strawberry Eggs said:
    The system loosely resemble Arc Rise Fantasia's Arms Force Frame, which also had pieces that looked like Tetris blocks that fit into a frame. I wonder if you get any bonuses for completely filling up the grid in Solatorobo.
    It also reminds me of adding parts to the Edelweiss in Valkyria Chronicles and Navi Customization in the Megaman Battle Network series. This kind of thing is pretty common, really.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited September 2011
    GaijinMonogatari said:
    Also, you can get P Crystals through the fishing mini-game.
    That amount is limited though, so you unfortunately won't unlock much from those P Crystals.

I think the only fishing reward that you can get repeatedly, are the Revive parts. (Probably as those wear out after use, like a bottled fairy does in Zelda games.)