If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Release Dates Emerge for Tales of the Abyss 3D

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited October 2011 in Latest Updates
This game is not coming out quite as quickly as Namco Bandai had hoped, but it is still coming nonetheless. It's better late than never, after all.

[Link]

Comments

• Tequila MockingbirdTequila Mockingbird Resident Cannibal Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Yay Tales of the Abyss 3DS release date! I can't wait for this game. I hope we get some more information too about Graces f. :D

I'm really looking forward to revisiting tales of the abyss! And Graces F is going to be sweet too!, Two Tales games next year. Its going to be great.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    I'm not happy with [current Tales Of..] announcement! Why couldn't they just give me [another Tales Of..] announcement instead!
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • ZbornakZbornak Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    I'm assuming this means Graces F won't hit the US until March or April.
    Get your Portable ID!
  • AaediyenAaediyen Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Unfortunately I have to agree, Id like some Tales info on Graces F. Why in blazes does it take years to get these things over here?
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    lolwhoops has nailed it.

Guys, every topic about anything Tales turns into discussion of why X game didn't get localized over Y game. It's seriously obnoxious and kills legit discussion of the game we ARE getting. I realize people aren't trying to be disruptive, but this is getting stupid. I can't say "knock it off, now" over and over.
  • ZbornakZbornak Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    It's probably for the best that they avoid the overly-busy holiday season. Also, with some big-name 3DS games coming out later this year, the system should have a much larger install base come February.
    Get your Portable ID!
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    Zbornak said:
    It's probably for the best that they avoid the overly-busy holiday season. Also, with some big-name 3DS games coming out later this year, the system should have a much larger install base come February.
    This times 1000. For once I feel like they've chosen an appropriate release date for a Tales game.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    Delay suits me a bit as there was already two others out beginning of the month that interested me (Innocent Sin and Fate/Extra). Looking forward to finally getting to play this one
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    I'm curious why the english release is next year but a european release (which has english) is out in November.

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
    edited October 2011
    TheAnimeMan said:
    I'm curious why the english release is next year but a european release (which has english) is out in November.
    Obviously Namco Europe/US have different ideas on when the best time to release the game is, don't think there's any technical reason for the difference. I'm guessing Namco USA feels it will do better away from the deluge of holiday releases.
  • Gold_guardianGold_guardian Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Tales of Super Slow

Gosh Darn Namco, their is no excuse for taking this long on a port that's already pretty much ready to go. It's not like the 3ds has anyother rpgs on it so better now then in Febuary especially since that means it's likely pushing Graces F even further back. It's so frustrating to see them taking so long from announcement to release.
    ~Shining Nova~
    edited October 2011
    Gold_guardian said:
    Tales of Super Slow

Gosh Darn Namco, their is no excuse for taking this long on a port that's already pretty much ready to go. It's not like the 3ds has anyother rpgs on it so better now then in Febuary especially since that means it's likely pushing Graces F even further back. It's so frustrating to see them taking so long from announcement to release.
    I highly doubt issues with the port have anything to do with the delay, its all about timing. They're trying to have a successful release to the game, not just please impatient fans :P
  • Gold_guardianGold_guardian Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    If timing was the problem then why release it in Europe this year and not here? Their holiday releases are just as over packed as ours is if not more so.
    ~Shining Nova~
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited October 2011
    Gold_guardian said:
    If timing was the problem then why release it in Europe this year and not here? Their holiday releases are just as over packed as ours is if not more so.
    Because Namco Bandai has a EUROPEAN BRANCH, similar to how Nintendo has a European branch (who seems to be making better decisions than the American branch, oddly enough).
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
    edited October 2011
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    Because Namco Bandai has a EUROPEAN BRANCH, similar to how Nintendo has a European branch (who seems to be making better decisions than the American branch, oddly enough).
    I'd disagree with that, I think releasing right next to two huge Nintendo 3DS releases is a horrible idea.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, we all want things earlier, but sending it out to die among the crowded holiday season isn't good in the long run...which for Tales fans is more and more important.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited October 2011
    Macstorm said:
    Yeah, we all want things earlier, but sending it out to die among the crowded holiday season isn't good in the long run...which for Tales fans is more and more important.
    Exactly, as much as I want the game earlier, I want the series to succeed more, and the February release date gives it more of a chance.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited October 2011
    As I recall, the original Tales of the Abyss was released around the same time as Final Fantasy XII. I imagine Namco Bandai (the American branch anyway.) doesn't want a repeat of that. :P
    Reincarnation, realization
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited October 2011
    Strawberry Eggs said:
    As I recall, the original Tales of the Abyss was released around the same time as Final Fantasy XII. I imagine Namco Bandai (the American branch anyway.) doesn't want a repeat of that. :P
    Isn't Final Fantasy 13-2 currently slated to come out on Jan 31st though? If so thats literally 2 weeks after the latest bigish Final Fantasy entry. If anything, they want to commit the same exact mistake because Abyss was released basically 1 week before FF12?
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited October 2011
    The games are on two different systems, though. Both ToA and FFXII were on the PS2. True, both ToA3D and FFXIII-2 are RPGs, but perahaps the differing systems and longer time gap makes it less of a "hazard"?
    Reincarnation, realization
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited October 2011
    I just thought it was humorous that they were basically doing the same exact thing as last time in some respects. Yeah, they are on different systems and 13-2 probably isn't going to be as anticipated as FF12 was, I won't argue that.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach