If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin Has a Trailer

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited October 2011 in Latest Updates
This first footage of Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin features plowing, planting, and panda riding. Panda riding? See for yourself.

[Trailer]
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• RazaRaza Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    That is some ridiculously large produce.

I love Harvest Moon but this looks meh.
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    Raza said:
    That is some ridiculously large produce.

I love Harvest Moon but this looks meh.
    I think it's pretty neat that you get to choose what your farmer looks like for the first time. I mean, should they have done that years ago? Yes. But at least they're doing it now.
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited October 2011
    I, for one, and getting REALLY tired of EVERY RPG that gets announced being for the 3DS. When are they going to make a Harvest Moon game for PS3?
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    I, for one, and getting REALLY tired of EVERY RPG that gets announced being for the 3DS. When are they going to make a Harvest Moon game for PS3?
    There will always be RPGs for consoles you don't own. The PS3 is getting quite a bit of RPG love in the next six months, no reason to gripe about games for the 3DS. 3DS gamers need suga too!
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    Not any time soon. Marvelous has said in recent interviews that they enjoy developing for handhelds better -- and the sales numbers support that preference. I don't have the link on my laptop (it's back on my desktop) so I'll try to have it to you in a couple days if you can't find it. It's in Japanese, so you may have better luck than I.
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Don't know if its the same interview, but it contains the same depressing stance.

http://www.1up.com/news/harvest-moon-boss-discuss-company
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • randal77randal77 well well, look who it is Full Members
    edited October 2011
    The crops and stuff does look really big, and you don't get to see a lot of the map around your character. Hopefully you can zoom out a bit.

I'm happy that they kept the anime-ish portraits. I always worry when a new Harvest Moon is announced for a cutting edge console that they'll remove those portraits in favour of zoomed up sprites or 3D models. It's something I'm a little disappointed with for Rune Factory Oceans.
    Wait a second... If you're here, than that means... oh boy
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited October 2011
    The 3D models in Tides of Destiny are, to me, actually preferable since they've got some real life to them. Since they're getting better at it, I'm sad to see them dropping it for the old standby...
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Havest Moon games are addictive even more than Farmville or those pseudo games.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.