If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy Type-0 Wows in Japan

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited October 2011 in Latest Updates
It's time to play the "Jealous of Japan" game as Final Fantasy Type-0 debuts to great review scores. Find out more details about the game and a whole bunch of pictures past the link.
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited October 2011
    *drools*

I expect we'll have a localization announcement before year's end.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • RosestormRosestorm Host of The Sectorcast Full Members
    edited October 2011
    shoptroll said:
    *drools*

I expect we'll have a localization announcement before year's end.
    I wouldn't be surprised.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited October 2011
    My response to SE:

User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • RosestormRosestorm Host of The Sectorcast Full Members
    edited October 2011
    If it releases next year in the West, I would expect it between July to October given SE's portable releases over the last 4 years.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Under watcher Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Video of the Opening was released and It contain spoilers so don't click:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hmQT2MfrDMA

And yep there's a reason why it will be rated M for blood and gore.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • randal77randal77 well well, look who it is Full Members
    edited October 2011
    So New Game+ has an entirely different party to the first playthrough?

I can't get my head around how they planning on getting that to work. It's really fascinating though!
    Wait a second... If you're here, than that means... oh boy
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited October 2011
    NEWS FLASH: SQUARE ENIX MAKES NOT TERRIBLE GAME!

EDIT: has this site disabled capitals or something?

EDIT2: now i'm doubly confused!
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    randal77 said:

I can't get my head around how they planning on getting that to work. It's really fascinating though!

Speculation not based remotely in fact or any research: May well be there's some parts of the game where characters split-up (with so many of them that would be hardly surpirsing), so that some characters are doing things that aren't fully explored in the inital playthrough.

Ordered the OST last week so hoping to get that soon in all it's Takeharu Ishimoto awesomeness (also heard Bump of Chicken's theme song and liked that, but I like most of Bump of Chicken's stuff). But looks nice for the game itself then, that's good.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Definitely on my to-get list.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    randal77 said:

My (also completely uneducated) guess is that there will be extra story scenes that focus on a different segment of the cast in the New Game +. The game seems like it has a pretty big cast, so it's neat if they're planning to flesh out the stories of some of the minor characters.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    My response to SE:

YESSS, I approve of this completely awesome and accurate Futurama image.
    edited October 2011
    Have other games done NG+ modes where parts of the plot are fleshed out or you get new content that wasn't present the first time around? I know FFIV DS added a couple extra bosses for subsequent playthroughs, and I feel like there's probably other games that I'm forgetting.
  • VncentValntineVncentValntine Pretty much... Full Members
    edited October 2011
    the computer geek in me would like to know what's the logic in their umd swapping method. Why does go from D1 -> D2 -> D1?
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Movies. The OP movie and ED movie on one disc, the game on the other.

Maybe there is a copy protection piece to this together with a desire to sell the maximum number of copies possible. They don't want you lending Disc 1 to a friend after having finished it.
    edited October 2011
    Does Star Ocean 4 on the 360 did something similar?
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited October 2011
    So...Is this game not part of the FFXIII cannon anymore? I haven't been keeping up with game news but apparently now this is called Type-0 and Versus XIII is vaporware. Strange times.
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
    edited October 2011
    StormofSwords said:
    So...Is this game not part of the FFXIII cannon anymore? I haven't been keeping up with game news but apparently now this is called Type-0 and Versus XIII is vaporware. Strange times.
    Versus XIII is not vaporware, and after Duke Nukem Forever actually got released I'm not sure how the term vaporware is even applicable anymore.
    edited October 2011
    Wheels said:
    Versus XIII is not vaporware, and after Duke Nukem Forever actually got released I'm not sure how the term vaporware is even applicable anymore.
    I'm still waiting for my Phantom to arrive.
    edited October 2011
    Wheels said:
    Yep, Versus XIII isn't vaporware, it's just in development Hell. I'd expect to start hearing more about it in 2012 now that Type-0 is out in Japan.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2011
    flamethrower said:
    Maybe there is a copy protection piece to this together with a desire to sell the maximum number of copies possible. They don't want you lending Disc 1 to a friend after having finished it.
    That's the reason I'm most inclined to believe at the moment.

Star Ocean 4's 360 disc-swap was entirely based on the location you were in, different planets were on different discs. Basically meant if you ever wanted to do any backtracking you needed to prepare for a large amount of disc-swapping, which was a bit annoying after a few times. I think Type-0 is doing it differently to that, but could be wrong.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for answering my question so this means that this is not the only case that the disc swap problem affect someone.

Versus XIII is not vapor ware and according to Gematsu, Nomura said on Dengeki magazine that: "Now it's FF versus XIII turn".

http://gematsu.com/2011/10/nomura-its-final-fantasy-versus-xiiis-turn
  • TaikaTaika Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Noooo, why does the first awesome-sounding FF in a while have to be on PSP?? :)
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Does this indicate what I think it does? Does this game actually have an explorable world map?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • TaikaTaika Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    MonCapitan2002 said:
    Does this indicate what I think it does? Does this game actually have an explorable world map?
    It seems so... and also from the videos I've seen, armies and air units move around on the world map and do battle, which your group can influence....
    edited October 2011
    They confirmed world map, towns, etc. a while back.
    edited October 2011
    Finally watched the opening movie. My reaction: WOW
    edited October 2011
    Taika said:
    It seems so... and also from the videos I've seen, armies and air units move around on the world map and do battle, which your group can influence....
    Yes, in fact there's a mini-RTS army battle system.
  • Just DougJust Doug Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    My response to SE:

I too desire the opportunity to hand SE a sum of some reasonable size in exchange for this game so that I may play it.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited October 2011
    Ocelot said:
    My (also completely uneducated) guess is that there will be extra story scenes that focus on a different segment of the cast in the New Game +. The game seems like it has a pretty big cast, so it's neat if they're planning to flesh out the stories of some of the minor characters.
    SE has already stated that Machina and Rem will occupy very unique roles within the game narrative - my uneducated guess is that they will be used to frame alternate story events.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
    edited October 2011
    This game will end in a cliffhanger?