If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Party Details and More Monsters Revealed for Dragon Quest X

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
edited November 2011 in Latest Updates
Those looking forward to playing Dragon Quest online get some details about how the party play works. Others may find themselves wondering what exactly the pig is hiding under his massive hat.

[ Story ]
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Comments

• Gold_guardianGold_guardian Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    I hope you'll be able to control Party memebers directly and not automatically have them following an AI.
    ~Shining Nova~
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    It looks like you get to give them strategies to follow (not clear how detailed/customizable those strategies are though), but they will act automatically. Depends on how the system plays I guess as to how it may be a good idea or not, likely that they'll be trying to keep it as interesting as possible for controlling a single character as that'll be the main aim.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • Lodor3Lodor3 Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    If you use the hirilings the game will play more like final fantasy 12 did more than anything else currently.
  • sstsst New Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    I love the look of this as it reminds me of viii but the system seems a little suspicious... Controlling one character doesn't seem like it will be engaging enough