If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Wakfu to Release in Early 2012

QuinQuin ne cede malisRPGamer Staff
edited November 2011 in Latest Updates
What exactly is Wakfu? If this trailer is anything to go by, Wakfu is the ability to sprout floating damage numbers when you Wak someone.

[NEWS]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Comments

• ekomegaekomega New Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    If the game was like the trailer, I'd sign up for it in an instant. They really made it look awesome.

Instead, it's an asian-style grindfest with not enough content (in Beta, anyway). Also, it's really boring.
  • Lodor3Lodor3 Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    The game has been in beta already for 3 years and has undergone 4-5 major overhauls since the beginning. I am talking major changes like whole game design changes.

The games combat is too slow even though it is turn based, it is slower than dofus even. There is nothing to do for most part in the game except either grind monsters for weeks on end or grind craft/harvest for weeks on end because barring the newbie island tutorial there are really 0 quests in the game. And, sure there is story and lore, most of it is once again only on the tutorial island, but since the game more or less has no real npc interaction you never can get the feeling of actually being in a story setting.
  • TheMooseTheMoose Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    I wonder why Square Enix is publishing the game in North America instead of its original publisher, Ankama?
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    TheMoose said:
    I wonder why Square Enix is publishing the game in North America instead of its original publisher, Ankama?
    Presumably, Ankama decided that going to a bigger publisher than themselves would be better for distribution in the NA market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.