If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Lineage II Free-to-Play

KeerithKeerith New MemberFull Members
edited November 2011 in Latest Updates
Lineage II announces plans to go free-to-play, and has another expansion coming down the pipe.

Do we have many people that are interested in this game?

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited November 2011
    I remember when they were giving out trial discs for this in college O-o
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Lineage 2 crashed my computer.

I'm using a different computer now, but still...bad memories and all that.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    shoptroll said:
    I remember when they were giving out trial discs for this in college O-o
    Young'un! In my college days all we got was AOL CDs. I used to decorate my dorm room with 'em. Back on topic, I hear Lineage 2 can be pretty fun for a while.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    My sister's classmates managed to get the local Wal-Mart to give them ALL the free AOL CDs.... It took them an entire shopping cart to haul the things out. They ended up building a set of medieval armor with it.

Also on topic, I've been seeing posters for this in internet cafes across Japan for years now. Any good?
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    From what I remember of it, it's fairly grindy, as most eastern MMOs tend to be, but the variety of classes is tough to beat, and there's a huge amount of game content available. I'm going to be definitely giving it a second look once this goes live.
  • Rya.ReisenderRya.Reisender Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    I heard it's mainly a PVP MMORPG so I'm out.
  • QuinQuin これはメタです RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    GaijinMonogatari said:
    Also on topic, I've been seeing posters for this in internet cafes across Japan for years now. Any good?
    I was always under the impression that Lineage II was basically the improved sequel to one of the original Korean grindtacular MMORPGs, used to compete for attention with...Ragnarok Online? I was too busy playing FFXI (Read: Drinking free cola and trying to understand the UI) in Japanese net cafes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Quin said:
    I was always under the impression that Lineage II was basically the improved sequel to one of the original Korean grindtacular MMORPGs, used to compete for attention with...Ragnarok Online
    That's quite possible. RO was going into open beta in the US around the time Lineage II started their western push.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited November 2011
    played this when it first came out over here. it was pretty good, but really grindy. i quit when some guy pked me and stole my bow that I worked for a week to grind money to purchase.

I don't know how well the game has improved since 2002.

Anyhoo, the game most definately has one of the best game sound tracks I've ever heard, so that's a huge plus.
    sup?
  • Lodor3Lodor3 Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    They still do not have a set date for when it will go free to play. They are just saying sometime before 2012, lol...
  • Rya.ReisenderRya.Reisender Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Quin said:
    I was always under the impression that Lineage II was basically the improved sequel to one of the original Korean grindtacular MMORPGs, used to compete for attention with...Ragnarok Online? I was too busy playing FFXI (Read: Drinking free cola and trying to understand the UI) in Japanese net cafes.
    Ragnarok Online is like the best MMORPG ever made, nothing can be compared with it!

But I still see the point. RO and Lineage 2 are one of the only MMORPGs that have Castle Siege as PVP type. Most MMORPGs go for either open PVP or arena-based / battleground PVP.
  • Lodor3Lodor3 Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Dark Age of Camelot did the castle/fort/relic seiges better than L1, L2, or any the other 10m cloned asian mmos to date.