If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Yabureta - Japandemonium for Nov. 4th, 2011

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited November 2011 in Latest Updates
If things have seemed out of kilter of late, worry not, it's only a minor rip in the Trousers of Time.

Comments

• 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    Deus Ex seems to have debuted unusually high for a western RPG. Did knowing SE owns it help Japanese gamers get over the cultural aversion to not-J RPGs, or do you think it's just the result of a slow gaming period for new releases? Or am I jaded and racist and WRPGs debut that high all the time and I choose not to notice?
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    I think they missed a trick. Slap some origa on the front and call it a prequel to Ghost in the Shell.

Instant sales!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    Quin said:
    I think they missed a trick. Slap some origa on the front and call it a prequel to Ghost in the Shell.

Instant sales!
    not really...neither of the movies did that well at the japanese box office...I mean ghost in the shell 2 was marketed as 'innocence: a mamoru oshii film' over there.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    I think it's mainly because S-E did a good job of marketing it over here.