If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Bii Jii Emu - Japandemonium for December 2nd, 2011

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited December 2011 in Latest Updates
Who needs Hitchcockian violin slashes when you have jingle bells?

Comments

• QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Hero Senki is a curious one, as it is technically canon with the SRT OGverse via Guilliam Yaeger and some alternate universe screwery. In short, the Guilliam Yaegar in Hero Senki and the Guilliam Yaegar in SRT OG are the same continuous person, much like Gilgamesh in FFV and FFVIII.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Would love to see Hero Senki release. Most likely won't but I HAS A DREAM.

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • randal77randal77 well well, look who it is Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo, Amelia! So Heroes Phantasia is out in mid-Jan? That's getting close now...
    Wait a second... If you're here, than that means... oh boy
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Quin said:
    Hero Senki is a curious one, as it is technically canon with the SRT OGverse
    Yeah, but so is Xenosaga, via the Endless Frontier games.
    edited December 2011
    GaijinMonogatari said:
    Yeah, but so is Xenogears, via the Endless Frontier games.
    Glorious, isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited December 2011
    In any case, if you look at the box art, it clearly says (in Japanese) "Konpachi Heroes", so the main point I was addressing in the column still stands ;)
    edited December 2011
    I blame Jumes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited December 2011
    I don't see anyone else having filled in the enormous gap in our SRT game pages. I see the Gespenst (a cute chibi version, but still) on the front of Project Olympus's box, too.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
    edited December 2011
    Ok, can I blame Terada instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for another smashing installment.
    I'm happy to hear that you don't have to hear Rap music. Always a plus.
    I appreciate the info on Ninokuni. How much button-mashing is necessary in battle? Is it like Tales? I tend to like games that don't require too much labor(bad hands).
    Finally, good luck on your JLPT's.:excitement:
    *EDIT*
    Usually if you hit the Attack option, the character will have a 10 second period of auto-attack where he/she/it tries to whack the target as much as possible.
    That is music to my ears.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Slayer said:
    Thanks for another smashing installment.
    I'm happy to hear that you don't have to hear Rap music. Always a plus.
    I appreciate the info on Ninokuni. How much button-mashing is necessary in battle? Is it like Tales? I tend to like games that don't require too much labor(bad hands).
    Finally, good luck on your JLPT's.:excitement:
    You're going for N1, the highest level, right?
    edited December 2011
    No, not heavy on the button mashing (at least, nowhere near the level of the Tales series). Usually if you hit the Attack option, the character will have a 10 second period of auto-attack where he/she/it tries to whack the target as much as possible.

And no, going for the N2. I can read quite a bit and communicate fairly well, but my actual grasp of higher grammar (for composition) isn't always up to snuff.
  • MegaloSaroMegaloSaro Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Hey, thanks for the shout out to Minuet. That song is amazing!
    edited December 2011
    That it is :D

Made it all the more surprising to hear it over a 7-11 sound system