If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Agarest War 2 Speaks English

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited December 2011 in Latest Updates
In case anybody was feeling a bit too appropriate this holiday season, Aksys and Ghostlight come bearing Agarest War 2 news. It's about as comfrotable as having carolers from the Playboy Mansion interrupting one's family Christmas dinner.
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• Rya.ReisenderRya.Reisender Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I'm just wondering who is the actual developer out of all the companies mentioned. Is compile heart only a publisher? Have seen the name of few times now.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Compile Heart is a subsidary of Idea Factory. So Compile Heart would be the developer (although Red Entertainment is involved in some way).

Looks a bit different from the earlier two games in the series but there doesn't seem too much change in actual battle system mechanics and such, which is a shame as it, urm, has "limited appeal" shall we say.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • sirsniffysirsniffy Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I happen to love these games, I can't wait for this. I don't know why I love iF/Neverland/Compile Heart games.
  • Rya.ReisenderRya.Reisender Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Severin Mira said:
    Compile Heart is a subsidary of Idea Factory. So Compile Heart would be the developer (although Red Entertainment is involved in some way).

Looks a bit different from the earlier two games in the series but there doesn't seem too much change in actual battle system mechanics and such, which is a shame as it, urm, has "limited appeal" shall we say.
    I certainly like the change of the graphics style. The other compile heart games I've seen all looked far worse.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    move minigames for massage and bathtub? They sure are blurring the lines between eroge and not in this series.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you.
  • TyphoTypho Knight Errant Full Members
    edited December 2011
    freykin said:
    They sure are blurring the lines between eroge and not in this series.
    I had to look up that word.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    That was one bad trailer. Creepy creepy. Won't stop me from buying it when I can
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • Gideon ZhiGideon Zhi Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    The "all new battle system" looks interesting, but doesn't change the fact that this series has inherent an extraordinary creep factor.
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    So I wonder if this one is finally pushing for an M rating. I liked the first game and bought Zero(haven't played it yet). I'll probably grab this one as well.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Up until now, the games themselves have been far tamer than their ad campaigns. With the new minigames, though... ew.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance