If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Kingdom Hearts Dream Distance to Drop in 2012

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited December 2011 in Latest Updates
Stop! Cried the Archdeacon. The bells of Notre Dame are ringing, as Kingdom Hearts 3D has been announced for North America and Europe.

Story

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Ooo March Japanese release? Looks like another September release here.

EDIT: Tron: Legacy? YAY!
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Aaaaaand they just sold a 3DS. Can't help but follow Kingdom Hearts around.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Nice, the TWEWY stuff is more than just a Neku cameo. Also, Japanese Maleficent has a great voice.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2011
    This filled me with 10 types of awesome. I WILL get a 3DS, if only for this game (and Tales of the Abyss of course).
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Why do I get the feeling that "opening chapter of the final conflict" = "you're not seeing KH3 until the Super WiiU"?

They're worse than Capcom at this point.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Shaymin said:
    Why do I get the feeling that "opening chapter of the final conflict" = "you're not seeing KH3 until the Super WiiU"?
    Nomura's stated that KH3D leads directly into KH3 (in other words, expect the secret ending to be a KH3 trailer). The trio of spin-offs released last year tie in with 3D and most likely set up some stuff for KH3 as well.

EDIT: We're going to need a new trailer link. This one got yanked by Square-Enix Japan for some reason...
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I just hope that KH Tripple D is better than BbD .. :/
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    shoptroll said:
    EDIT: We're going to need a new trailer link. This one got yanked by Square-Enix Japan for some reason...
    Heh, it did that originally straight after SE-UK first uploaded it. Looks like they forgot to add their UK friends to the copyright-claim whitelist :P (Working again at time of this post)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    So far the only game confirmed for an English release that makes me want a 3DS. Now, if they go ahead and confirm Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, we're really getting somewhere.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited December 2011
    Ocelot said:
    Nice, the TWEWY stuff is more than just a Neku cameo.
    Indeed. My interest is still held.
    Reincarnation, realization
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Oh FFS, the link is dead.

I forgot this is the company that creates trailers...that aren't meant to be watched. By anyone.
    sup?
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    Maudren said:
    Oh FFS, the link is dead.

I forgot this is the company that creates trailers...that aren't meant to be watched. By anyone.
    The link is still fine, I just checked. It's from the official UK Square Enix channel.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, what I meant was that the video had been removed by square. It's back up now, and the game looks pretty cool. I don't think it's quite a system seller for me though, so I may never get around to playing it. I never got around to playing bbs, and I own a psp.
    sup?
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Why does SE keep insisting on using crazy, reflective borders around the actual video. It really does make it difficult to focus on what they are actually trying to show off. I mean this is ridiculous when 50% of screen is only border. Its not like SE produces crap graphics that look horrible at full screen, its one of the few things they always do right. Sorry for that rant, its just so annoying.

As for the actual game, its looks good gameplay wise and its good to see them using more Disney worlds that they haven't before.
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I have always hated the concept of Kingdom Hearts, why cant they just kill this awful franchise and start making good marquee games again
    edited December 2011
    AncientRune said:
    I have always hated the concept of Kingdom Hearts, why cant they just kill this awful franchise and start making good marquee games again
    Because they don't market to the minority, they market to the majority?
    User Database Check
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    Because they don't market to the minority, they market to the majority?
    No I just hate the the whole Final Fantasy/Disney concept
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    AncientRune said:
    You could just sit in the corner and let those of us enjoy the series, you know, enjoy the series.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited December 2011
    Quin said:
    You could just sit in the corner and let those of us enjoy the series, you know, enjoy the series.
    And miss being this guy? NEVER.
    User Database Check
    edited December 2011
    I really wish they'd make another KH game that is as good as the first one ...
    edited December 2011
    They made one that came REALLY close...Birth by Sleep.
    User Database Check
    edited December 2011
    BbS was rubbish.

If I felt like watching a poorly adapted retelling of the Star Wars prequel trilogy set in the KH universe and featuring protagonists which range from dull to awful, then I think I'd just repeatedly Slam my head in a door-jam until I expired.

It's a pity that the best aspects of 5/365 Days and BbS couldn't have been combined into one game - because between them they have one decent narrative and one acceptable game design.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited December 2011
    The original Kingdom Hearts was one of the dumbest, most mindless action game I've ever played, and the story was a horrible slight to both the Final Fantasy games and Disney movies it mashed together (except Tarzan because that already sucked). It's not franchise Square's Moo out, but it's probably the worst that ever developed a significant following. The largely accepted notion that they just got worse from there is terrifying.
    edited December 2011
    SiliconNooB said:
    BbS was rubbish.

If I felt like watching a poorly adapted retelling of the Star Wars prequel trilogy set in the KH universe and featuring protagonists which range from dull to awful, then I think I'd just repeatedly Slam my head in a door-jam until I expired.

It's a pity that the best aspects of 5/365 Days and BbS couldn't have been combined into one game - because between them they have one decent narrative and one acceptable game design.
    I never said it came close in story. In terms of gameplay addictiveness, it came REALLY close to the first one.
    User Database Check
  • Tequila MockingbirdTequila Mockingbird Resident Cannibal Full Members
    edited December 2011
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    And miss being this guy? NEVER.
    Ha, i love that video.
    edited December 2011
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I never said it came close in story. In terms of gameplay addictiveness, it came REALLY close to the first one.
    I disagree. The greatest strength of KH1 was that it had complex levels which were great to explore. BbS had level design that was probably slightly better than KHII, but it still wasn't anything to write home about.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I thought BBS was the best of the series behind the original, but it still pretty much sucked. I've pretty much given up on it as whole. Who knows though, they could turn it around at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief