If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Your Game of the Year 2011

ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly BlissModerators
edited December 2011 in Miscellaneous Gaming
We missed out on this last year, so I thought why not see what everyone's favorite release this year was.

The previous format used seem to work well, so I'll offer it here, but feel free to use whatever you want instead.

GOTY: Pretty self explanatory. Any game in any genre that came out this year is eligible, and if something came out late December last year that can count that to just avoid any questionable situations.

GOTY Runner-Up: The second/third best game you played this year. This is for everyone who loved too many games to list only one!

Anti GOTY: The worst game you played this year. Doesn't necessarily have to be a bad game either.

Anti GOTY Runner-Up: The second/third worst games this year. For those of us who want to dishonor even more games for being crappy!

Anything Else: Want to add your own category? Go right ahead! Anything from "GOTY that didn't come out this year" to "Most Surprising/Disappointing" is up for grabs and makes for a more interesting read.

After everyone has given their votes I'll tally everything using some kind of arbitrary scoring system and let you guys know what was generally the most liked and disliked. I'll vote myself after I've had some time to think about it a little more.

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Going off the Completed Game list for me, and this is subject to change...

Goatee: Portal 2. I haven't gotten enough time in Skyward Sword to render a verdict on that yet (hopefully I'll have a better idea after next week), but this is my current GOTY. Fun and funny single-player game, and I had a lot of fun doing the co-op with my girlfriend.

Fu-Manchu (GOTY runner-up): Binding of Isaac. So much fun if you aren't sensitive to the visual aesthetics. I've sunk 20 hours into and I still haven't seen all the items yet. Difficult game, but crushes your soul just enough to make you want to try harder next time. Not bad for a $5 Flash game.

The Mario: Jetpack Joyride (honorable mention/most surprising). Hands down the best iPhone game this year. Simple in premise but oh so addicting. If Halfbrick put this out on a console, handheld or PC, I would buy it instantly.

Anti-Goatee (Neckbeard?): Tiny Tower. Whoever thought it was a good idea to blend Farmville with The Tower (aka SimTower) needs to be shot. A couple of podcasts were raving about this, and I honestly do not get the hype. Fortunately, it was free so no harm done.

EDIT: This is based on game's I've actually played. I have a bunch of acquisitions that would probably be strong contenders on this list (Bastion, Orcs Must Die!, Saint's Row 3, DX: Human Revolution, etc.) but I didn't get around to playing them this year :(
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited December 2011
    GOTY: Alter A.I.L.A Genesis

GOTY Runner-Up: 2nd-Portal 2, 3rd-Child of Eden

Anti GOTY: Dunno if it counts, but Mass Effect 2 is the only one that comes to mind.

Anti GOTY Runner-Up: -

Anything Else: -
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited December 2011
    GOTY: Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
    GOTY Runner-Up: Fate/Extra
    Anti GOTY: The 3rd Birthday (out of all the games this year, this was the ONLY one that I couldn't stand the story of, so sadly, it gets a mention here)
    Best Indie Game: Cthulhu Saves the World
    Most Controversial Game: The 3rd Birthday (let's face it, there were people screaming that it was sexist, and people telling them to STFU because it wasn't really THAT sexist if you played through the game with just the default outfits).

And Rya, Mass Effect 2 was LAST YEAR. So it does not count this year.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    GOTY: Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
    GOTY Runner-Up: Fate/Extra
    Anti GOTY: The 3rd Birthday (out of all the games this year, this was the ONLY one that I couldn't stand the story of, so sadly, it gets a mention here)
    Best Indie Game: Cthulhu Saves the World
    Most Controversial Game: The 3rd Birthday (let's face it, there were people screaming that it was sexist, and people telling them to STFU because it wasn't really THAT sexist if you played through the game with just the default outfits).

And Rya, Mass Effect 2 was LAST YEAR. So it does not count this year.

To be fair, it did come out on PS3 this year
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
    edited December 2011
    That's why I said "Dunno if it counts". Just ignore my vote on it if it doesn't.
    I wish I could fit Desktop Dungeons into that list, though. I was REALLY addicting, but I don't really consider it good.

Also you put a separate category for best indie game, how many indie games did you play this year? All the indie have been better than the retail ones this year anyway. =3
    And isn't Ar Tonelico III much more sexist than 3rd birthday?

Alter A.I.L.A Genesis is an indie game, so if you create a separate list for indie games, count my vote for it there too.
    edited December 2011
    That's why I said "Dunno if it counts". Just ignore my vote on it if it doesn't.

I don't think we're voting so...
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited December 2011
    Thats probably my fault. I used the word vote, when really I just wanted to see what the community thought as whole. Just for fun and all that. Interesting to see the love for Portal 2 and Solatorobo, maybe I need to try these two!
    edited December 2011
    It's never wrong to try Portal 2 (or Portal 1 at that). It's like: "No matter what genre you usually like, you will like this game."

The only games that really filled my world with happiness this year are the games I listed in the top RPG thread (particularly the first 6 I listed) plus Portal 2 and Child of Eden.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    The 'Goldion Hammer' Award (GOTY) - Tales of Xillia (PS3), as per the RPG thread. However, since this thread specified that titles released late last year also count, I think Xillia, Tales of Graces F (PS3) and Portal 2 (PC) can fight to the death over it.

The numerous runners up:
    Total War: Shogun 2 - PC
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - PC - Released this year
    Gundam Extreme Vs. - PS3 - Also winner of the coveted 'Super Asia' Award for Fighter of the Year
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PC - WRPG of the Year
    Batman: Arkham City - PC

The 'Bootfighter Windom XP' Award (Best Indie) - Minecraft - PC - Technically released this year

The 'Yes, X is in Super Robot Wars' Award (Biggest surprise) - Anno 2070 - PC

The '00 Qan[T]' Award (Short but fantastic) - Sonic Generations - PC

The 'ZAKU Warrior Live Ver.' Award (Stinker of the year) - May remain unawarded, as the game I most regret spending money on this year (Borderlands) wasn't released this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I'll cop to not getting to play a great deal of NEW games though, so my list is going to be missing some heavy hitters not so much due to quality and more due to not getting to play them at all.

GOTY: Yeaaaa, Portal 2 by a landslide.

GOTY Runner-Up: Ghost Trick, hands down.

Anti GOTY: Dragon. Age. II.

Anti GOTY Runner-Up: Can I say Dragon Age II twice? No? Okay, then LA Noire. Well, it didn't so much suck as underwhelm. Dragon Age II genuinely, horribly sucked.

Biggest Disappointment: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. Yea, I had fun, but man was I really looking forward to a proper console return to Harvest Moon-like games.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    I'll give my non-RPG awards, since I'd prefer to hold off other nods until we do the RPGamer awards

non-RPG Game of the Year: Rayman Origins - just good classic platforming with an amazing graphical sense

non-RPG Game of the Year Runner Up - Tie between Uncharted 3 and Portal 2, both fantastic games.

Anti non-RPG GOTY - Modern Warfare 3 this is an odd choice since I actually have a lot of fun in the game, but it has so few new features, even for a CoD game, that it is an absolute rip-off at full price.

Runner-Up - Duke Nukem Forever for the lols
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited December 2011
    Okay, here are my picks. Looks like I really need to rent Portal 2 :P

GOTY: Xenoblade. My avatar shows the love for it enough, but Xenoblade just narrowly edged out Marvel 3 and TITS. I wasn't expecting much from Xenoblade, and almost didn't even get to play it, but it really surprised me. The soundtrack, battle system, and massive amounts of content helped set this game apart from the rest as a truly unique experience.

GOTY Runner-Up: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Playing this was a real joy. It felt like many years had passed since I played a quality traditional JRPG, and I really loved the characters, dialogue, and world that XSEED and Falcom brought to life. Loses to Xenoblade because of its status as an introduction to a larger series, and some of the slower paced segments. I have a strong feeling that had Trails 2 been released this year that it would have surpassed Xenoblade.

Anti GOTY: L.A. Noire. Nearly everyone seemed to love this game, so I picked it up thinking that it would be good to fill the summer void. Ended up hating nearly everything about it. One of my worst buys in several years.

Anti GOTY Runner-Up: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron. I was mildly interested in this game due to the art style, so I rented it and was very underwhelmed. Very little description provided as to what to do, and was just extremely boring. Returned it after a few hours.

Fun Categories!

Non-RPG/Just missed GOTY: (Ultimate) Marvel vs Capcom 3

Most Surprising: Darkspore

Most Disappointing: Ar Tonelico 3

Game of Some Other Year: 999: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited December 2011
    GOTY: Dark Souls

And by a wide margin too. Between losing a save through drunken stupidity and the character I'm playing now I've dumped over a hundred hours into this one now. I've hit a point where I'm helping people beat bosses so I can hold off beating it myself until next year hits just so I can have the satisfaction of looking at it all next year on the completed games list. But I'm also looking forward to starting up my new game+ and checking things out at an increased difficulty level and I also want to try a new character with a completely different build. So I'm pretty much anticipating playing this one for at least a few hours every weekend over the course of the next year as a side to whatever new games I start up.

Runner Up: Catherine

I had a great time with this one as well and I'd really like to go back and try to beat it on Normal and go for a different ending. But I just don't see that happening for quite a while the way Dark Souls has me hooked.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited December 2011
    RPGOTY: Skyrim. The fact I had more fun simply walking around in this game than I have with the entirety of the content in many other games speaks volumes about what a phenomenal experience this game is. Deserves every accolade that gets lavished upon it.

GOTY: Dead Space 2. A fun-packed, visceral thrill-ride with an immensely satisfying array of weapons. Need more be said?

RPGOTY Runner-Up: Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Espionage and problem solving at their finest.

GOTY Runner-Up: LA Noire. Going to give this excellent title some much deserved love. The most fun I've ever had with a linear, story-centric game.

Underrated GOTY: Dragon Age II. Honestly, I felt like I played an entirely different game to everyone else. Different strokes, I guess.

Not going to dignify any of my anti-GOTYs with a mention.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I guess ill be a coward and say all the games iv played a lot of, and have finished are my GOTY's
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Game of the Year: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - By and far my favorite game of the year, After playing it for 130 hours and finally gathering all the achievements and beating it on one character, I immediately started over and started playing a new character. There's so much good here and the bugs, what few there even were, were such minor offenders that I feel like I definitely got my money and time worth out of the game.

Game of the Year - Runner Up: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Before Skyrim this was my choice for GOTY, Everything about this game made me squee with delight, right down to it's Cyberpunk setting. I actually thought that nothing could unseat this game from the top spot, but Skyrim managed the impossible.

Other Runner-Up Games:
    Assassin's Creed: Revolution (One of my favorite moments in the entire AC fiction is in this game.)
    Gears of War 3 (The word `polish` doesn't even begin to describe this game.)
    Dead Space 2 (So nerve-wracking, scary and pulse pounding. I don't even LIKE survival horror games.)
    Portal 2 (Amazing is one of the few words that I can even use to describe this game.)

Honerable Mention:
    Dragon Age II (Like Nergal, I feel like I played a completely different game then anybody else. I loved the additions to the overall fiction that it and it's DLC made, and I'm excited for the next one.)

Anti-Game of the Year: Two Worlds II - I tried, Bless it all, I tried... I put in something like 20 hours into this game and I kept thinking `All it needs is a little polish and it'd be a great game`, But it wasn't. It was forgettable and awful. The combat is somehow worse than Oblivion in 3rd person (Scientifically proven to be bad.) and unlike my runner-up for AGOTY, This is an objectively bad game

Anti-Game of the Year - Runner Up: Saints Row: The Third - Ok, So, Hear me out... This is not a bad game. In fact, I enjoyed the game a great deal (despite being completely and utterly burnt out on it by just the 30 hour mark), It's just that I played so many damn amazing games this year, that when one even a little tiny bit of a let down, it's huge. It just wasn't nearly as good as it could have been. The pretty graphics, the in-jokes and just the general crazyness of it all could only take the game so far. I feel like I have `weird-[poop]` fatigue and this game just pushed that to the nth degree.

Although, the scene where Power by Kanye West plays was pretty [fornicating] epic.

Biggest Surprise of the Year: Bastion - This game completely blew me away. I always thought it looked cool from the start of it's development lifecycle, I never thought that it'd be THIS good. It goes to show you that some former Gamespot alum truly can put their money where their mouth is. Honestly, The only reason it's not in the Top 5 up there, was because I went for disc-based games specifically, this game sits SOLIDLY at number three for this year and is in my top 5 of ALL TIME. While I don't feel it's the absolute best game I played this year, it IS, by leaps and bounds, the most memorable and some of the most fun.

However, Rucks is absolutely the greatest storyteller of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Eat it, Deckard Cain.

Biggest Surprise of the Year - Runner Up: Android Platform Gaming - When I first got back into having a cellphone, There was an extremely rudimentary rogue-like that I played for hours. It was not a good game, but it was one of the only games that I could always have with me no matter where I was. Gaming on phones and mobile devices has come a VERY long way in just a few scant years and I'm excited to see where it even goes from here. This year alone, I played a game that played a lot like Gears of War (Shadowgun) one that played like Prince of Persia (Backstab) and even a Dead Space tie-in. All of which were VERY good. I am excited for the future.
    edited December 2011
    However, Rucks is absolutely the greatest storyteller of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Eat it, Deckard Cain.

Did I just hear a gauntlet being thrown down?
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    GOTY: Xenoblade. Played it for over 150 hours, loved every bit of it and my husband is now happily playing it himself. I think this one game exceeded the play time of every other Wii title I have!

GOTY Runner-Up: Radiant Historia, Catherine, Trails in the Sky

Anti GOTY: Dark Souls - It didn't really sound like my thing, but I gambled and picked it up anyway. I never could get into it (and have no online connection either if that makes a difference). Now trying to sell my preorder bonus bundle.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited December 2011
    GOTY: Radiant Historia - the only game to pull off constant time travel well since Chrono Trigger and a battle system that differs from the Mega Man Battle Network games by being *gasp* FUN.

Most played: Pokemon Black/White.

2012 GOTY: Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm calling it now.

Best Beta: The Old Republic (beats Skyrim because hey, at least BioWare was honest.)
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I just realize I didn't actually play a non-RPG this year. I blame Catherine being region locked. So really I'm just repeating my post in the other thread, but:

GOTY: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

GOTY Runner-Up: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Anti GOTY: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Anti GOTY Runner-Up: Two Worlds 2

Missed:
    • The King of Dragon Pass (iPhone)
    • Frozen Synapse
    • Dark Souls (not far in)
    • Gemini Rue
    • Catherine
    • Hard Corps: Uprising

No Interest:
    • Batman: Arkham City
    • Portal 2
    • Whatever Modern Warfare game(s) were released this year
    • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    • Xenoblade
    • Saint's Row The Third
  • RazaRaza Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    It's funny you mention the PSP Tactics Ogre as an anti GOTY, because I had just booted up my copy like 2 nights ago for the first time and noticed (at least at the beginning) you can't train any more. THAT kind of annoyed me. Anyway:

GOTY- Dark Souls probably.

Other Favs- Totori, Gears of War 3

Anti GOTY- Deus Ex (Can't stand the shooting, control scheme, and cover system)

RU Anti-GOTY- Battlefield 3 (This is more disapointment than anything, as I loved BC2's multiplayer and found myself totally underwhelmed BF3's), Dungeon Siege 3

Spent most time in- Rune Factory Oceans (Platinum trophied it, though I'm not sure why...)

Haven't beat- Zelda: SS (It's decent, but it's not one of my favorites this year), Radiant Historia (getting from wife for xmas)

Is it sad that I had to find a list to make sure of what was a 2011 game? Heh, didn't play many new games this year, it was the year of the backlog for me
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    GOTY: Skyrim
    Runner-Up: Portal 2
    Honorable Mentions: Saint's Row the 3rd, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, King of Fighters XIII.

Anti-GOTY: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron. I feel the need to justify this one. The games graphics are gorgeous and I'm in love with the story, but the game's combat system relies on some really imprecise timing for combos. It's a routine exercise in frustration watching Enoch do a jump attack when all I wanted was to break a container. You can tell the developers knew the system was a problem too, because if you're downed, you can get back into it with full life and armor simply by mashing the buttons before the screen goes black, leaving no penalty for death whatsoever. Not the most horrible game ever, but certainly the worst money I've spent all year.

Anti-GOTY Runner-Up: Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Again, this is in the category of "not an objectively horrible game, but a bad use of my cash." The game has a fantastic atmosphere and it's actually quite haunting, but the puzzles seem to rely on some serious adventure game logic to get through, making it harder than it really needs to be for someone who isn't steeped in the adventure game mold. That is of course, when the game clues you in on what you need to do to start with, which it often fails to.

Disonorable Mention: Sonic CD XBLA. LORD, I'd forgotten how haphazard the level design in this game was. It's a good enough game, and a solid port (aside from the Japanese opening theme being instrumental only), but it really does beg the question of how THIS is one of the most beloved Sonic games out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a GOTY yet. I haven't yet played a game this year I liked that much...unless you count Earth Defense Force: IA, but I should probably give Skyrim a proper go before I award EDF my GOTY.

I do have Anti titles though:

ANTI GOTY: El Shaddai. A fantastic example of how mesmerizing art design and gorgeous graphics DOES NOT equal good gameplay.

ANTI-GOTY Runner Up: Deux Ex: HR. Practically every review I've read for the game, including the one at RPGamer, stated the game's actual gameplay mechanics are mediocre and unremarkable, but hey, it's got a nice art design and cool story, so GREAT GAME! Wait, wha...? Gunplay was ho-hum, the stealth lame, and melee was "meh". Sure, it's still a pretty good RPG when all is said and done, but for everyone making a big deal about a game that really wasn't all that great, I give it my Anti-GOTY (2nd place). Unlike El Shaddai, HR is still somewhat enjoyable.

BIGGEST SURPRISE-Sonic CD Arcade: In this case, I mean literally. I had no idea this game was coming out. It just came out of nowhere. It was a pleasant surprise. Even more surprising, it's something of a fan remake.
    edited December 2011
    Disonorable Mention: Sonic CD XBLA. LORD, I'd forgotten how haphazard the level design in this game was. It's a good enough game, and a solid port (aside from the Japanese opening theme being instrumental only), but it really does beg the question of how THIS is one of the most beloved Sonic games out there.
    Because of the amazing soundtrack. And you can even buy the JP and US version and have two completely different amazing soundtrack.
    Music makes 80% of a games enjoyment even if it's not concious.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2011
    The XBLA and PSN releases of Sonic CD include both the US and EU/JP soundtracks as a switchable option. The only thing missing are the lyrics to the EU/JP opening and ending songs, which is a shame, but I suspect that one's down to licencing or something.

I'd be half tempted to nominate Sonic CD as XBLA/PSN rerelease of the year, but it faces stiff competition from Radiant Silvergun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Because of the amazing soundtrack. And you can even buy the JP and US version and have two completely different amazing soundtrack.
    Music makes 80% of a games enjoyment even if it's not conscious.

I'm not sure if I'd put it as high as 80% of a game's enjoyment, but a good soundtrack does go a long way, and two good soundtracks is pretty awesome. Hilariously, the ol' Gamefan Magazine gave Sonic CD's US version a full 30% less in their score than the Japanese version back in the day. (70% vs 100%) solely because of the music. Really highlights the hilarity of otaku and the uselessness of scores in reviews.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2011
    Although I agree the soundtrack isn't that big a part of what makes a game enjoyable, it is a big deal for some people.

I'm one of them. It's not like I'm actively looking for games with great soundtacks, but it must be a big deal to me on a subconscious level. A little while back I noticed the best games in my collection have great soundtracks, those games I like but can't bring myself to LOVE have so-so soundtracks, and many games people consider great games but I don't like have poor or no soundtrack. Sure, I'll say "I don't like this" or "I don't like that", but sometimes I wonder if it's really the game or its music.

Many gamers are all into graphics and the like. I seem to be all about the sound. Heck, I can't even make myself use lightning spells in video games unless they have the proper "KRAK-BOOOM!" sound.
    edited December 2011
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    Although I agree the soundtrack isn't that big a part of what makes a game enjoyable, it is a big deal for some people.

I'm one of them. It's not like I'm actively looking for games with great soundtacks, but it must be a big deal to me on a subconscious level. A little while back I noticed the best games in my collection have great soundtracks, those games I like but can't bring myself to LOVE have so-so soundtracks, and many games people consider great games but I don't like have poor or no soundtrack. Sure, I'll say "I don't like this" or "I don't like that", but sometimes I wonder if it's really the game or its music.

Many gamers are all into graphics and the like. I seem to be all about the sound. Heck, I can't even make myself use lightning spells in video games unless they have the proper "KRAK-BOOOM!" sound.
    Except for the last part it's exactly the same for me. That's why I concluded that music must have a huge impact on whether you like a game or not, even if it's subconcious.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2011
    I often play games with the music off or way down. I don't really care about video game sound tracks, the only ones I really do like are the ones that are very ambient soundtracks like Skyrim or Fallout 3 (sans Galaxy News Radio). Stuff like Saints Row is alright too because nothing plays until you get into cars. and most times you can make a custom soundtrack out of what they have.
    edited December 2011
    The only game I ever had to switch off the soundtrack was .hack//. 4 games, each 100 hours long, with the same two songs playing all the time? Oh man.