If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

New Moderator

PawsPaws PurrRPGamer Staff
edited January 2012 in Forum Rules & Announcements
We have some mods who are stepping down and we wish them well, so we're adding some new faces to the crew. First is the friendly fowl, ChickenGod. No choking jokes, please! :distant:

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    edited January 2012
    Welcome, ChickenGod! I look forward to working with you. :)
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    I'd ask you to introduce yourself, but it's more fun to guess.

I'd say you like JRPGs more than WRPGs. My evidence is you voted for Septerra Core (which made the cut for Year of RPGs 2012) which is a WRPG done in a JRPG style.

Well me too. I bought The Witcher on Steam and I'll be trying it soon in an effort to expand my RPG horizons. I tried Demon's Souls and didn't like it - however I don't think it's a representative WRPG (notwithstanding that it was made in Japan).
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Welcome ChikenGod! Liquor cabinet is on the left. Help yourself :)
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 2012
    Hey everyone, glad to be here! In case anyone is curious, my username stems from my love of Popeyes chicken. Is it blasphemous to call oneself a god of chickens and consume them on a frequent basis? You decide!

While its true that I do like JRPGs more than WRPGs, I mainly voted for Septerra Core simply because I actually have the game.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited January 2012
    I have never tasted Popeyes chicken...we only got Bojangles around here.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited January 2012
    ChickenGod wrote: »
    Hey everyone, glad to be here! In case anyone is curious, my username stems from my love of Popeyes chicken. Is it blasphemous to call oneself a god of chickens and consume them on frequent basis? You decide!
    Not necessarily, but it may make you a god that demands chicken sacrifice. :mask:
    Bravely second...

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited January 2012
    Welcome, ChickenGod ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    We have a second moderator joining us, so please clap your appropriate appendages for DarkRPGMaster!
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Hooray! \0/
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited January 2012
    Thanks, though I have a feeling I won't be too busy around here, considering I never see any real trouble.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited January 2012
    Welcome aboard, DarkRPGMaster!
    Bravely second...

• ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 2012
    My wings are fluttering for you, Dark. Your next step in progression should be to reward yourself with the blissful taste of spicy Popeyes chicken!
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    How does one even become a mod on this site? Certainly not longevity? Awesomeness maybe?
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    Admins pick them, with input from the mod team as needed.
    edited January 2012
    Paws wrote: »
    Admins pick them, with input from the mod team as needed.
    I always thought it was names out of a hat. It seems random enough to work.
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    I just know we're going to have a riot come thanksgiving...