If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Did You Guess It Was Growlanser IV?

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited March 2012 in Latest Updates
In a move that can be considered a sign of the end times, Atlus has actually made an announcement that will placate Growlanser fans. Well, maybe not the hardcore fanbase that loved Growlanser Generations' English voice acting, but you can't win every fight.

[Link]
«13

Comments

  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited January 2012
    A bittersweet deal, but I'll take it.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • stealthstealth Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    A bittersweet deal, but I'll take it.

    not really, at least we got it


    we never got 1 or 6
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    Damn, I guessed 7th Dragon
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited January 2012
    I say bittersweet because voices would add to it, but we got the game. I understand their reasoning for no voices though, and won't really get on their case for that.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • stealthstealth Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2012
    The atlus of 2011 wouldnt of localized this at all.


    SO I AM HAPPY
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Awesome. Now localize I and VI to round out the series.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Wooooow. Did not see that one coming!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    www.powerlinemag.com

    "I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Yay now I can re-complete my Growlanser collection, and have yet another one I've never played :3
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

    http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    I are happy
    image

    27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • stealthstealth Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2012
    Jormungand said:
    Awesome. Now localize I and VI to round out the series.

    they missed there chance with 1
  • storino03storino03 Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    what number is this growlanser game?
    www.backloggery.com/storino03
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2012
    storino03 said:
    what number is this growlanser game?
    IV.

    I'm... actually really excited by this. Growlanser 2 and 3 were 2 of my favorite PS2 games, So I can't wait to jump into this one.
  • stealthstealth Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2012
    2,3,5 were localized on the ps2

    4 is being localized on the psp


    That leaves us with 1 and 6 not done
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Huge fan of the series myself, and VA is not a prerequisite for me enjoying a game. Super excited! ATLUS is the sheez.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    www.powerlinemag.com

    "I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • daveyddaveyd Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Can't wait! I've already pre-ordered a copy. I'm hoping this game sells well enough to convince Atlus USA to also bring over Growlanser I PSP; although I'm guessing it would most likely be PSN-only at this point, I'll gladly take it.
    Currently playing: The Shadow Sun (Android), Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut (PC), Pillars of Eternity (PC)





  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    daveyd said:
    Can't wait! I've already pre-ordered a copy. I'm hoping this game sells well enough to convince Atlus USA to also bring over Growlanser I PSP; although I'm guessing it would most likely be PSN-only at this point, I'll gladly take it.
    Vita is also an option. I'd take it either way, despite not liking digital only releases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    www.powerlinemag.com

    "I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • Kratoscar2008Kratoscar2008 Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. growlanser and persona are my favorite rpgs ever and ATLUS are the best publisher that they really love fans. Played all Grows despite japanese is entirely unknown for me.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited February 2012
    Kratoscar2008 said:
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. growlanser and persona are my favorite rpgs ever and ATLUS are the best publisher that they really love fans. Played all Grows despite japanese is entirely unknown for me.
    And here's yet another person from the AtlusUSA forums. Yo.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • Kratoscar2008Kratoscar2008 Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    And here's yet another person from the AtlusUSA forums. Yo.
    How did you know?
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited February 2012
    *points to my username*

    Look it up on AtlusUSA, you'll find me.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • Kratoscar2008Kratoscar2008 Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    *points to my username*

    Look it up on AtlusUSA, you'll find me.
    Sorry im so accustomed to your avatar that i didnt make the relation.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    That's great news! The lack of voices will suck, but at least the game will be in English. It's far better than not being localized at all.
  • Kratoscar2008Kratoscar2008 Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    EmeraldSuzaku said:
    That's great news! The lack of voices will suck, but at least the game will be in English. It's far better than not being localized at all.
    Yes i agree.
  • daveyddaveyd Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    I really hope the lack of VA doesn't deter a lot of people from picking up this game. Quality English dubs, like those in Growlanser Generations, would certainly be nice, but I can live without them... Of course, I'm 31 so I've been playing games most of my life with little or no voice acting.
    Currently playing: The Shadow Sun (Android), Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut (PC), Pillars of Eternity (PC)





  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Never played any game in this series, but I've watched videos and read impressions of this game, the game is now pre-ordered.
  • Kratoscar2008Kratoscar2008 Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Nim said:
    Never played any game in this series, but I've watched videos and read impressions of this game, the game is now pre-ordered.
    You wont regret it.
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    daveyd said:
    Of course, I'm 31 so I've been playing games most of my life with little or no voice acting.
    That's the thing. If you grew up on "old" JRPGs, chances are you won't (or shouldn't) care about voice acting. We ought to be used to imagining character voices by now.
  • Kratoscar2008Kratoscar2008 Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Jormungand said:
    That's the thing. If you grew up on "old" JRPGs, chances are you won't (or shouldn't) care about voice acting. We ought to be used to imagining character voices by now.
    Me too. But i have played the japanese one so i can just put the voices in my mind:ghost:
  • daveyddaveyd Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Jormungand said:
    That's the thing. If you grew up on "old" JRPGs, chances are you won't (or shouldn't) care about voice acting. We ought to be used to imagining character voices by now.
    Yep. I certainly enjoy voice acting in games when it is well done, but there's no way I would ever let lack of it deter me from getting a great RPG. Besides, Wayfarer of Time will have voiced cutscenes, so that should help people imagine the voices in the game... Sadly, I have seen a few people on other forums (who presumably speak English and not Japanese) say they will not buy this game because it won't have the original Japanese audio. I will never understand that thought process...
    Currently playing: The Shadow Sun (Android), Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut (PC), Pillars of Eternity (PC)





  • Kratoscar2008Kratoscar2008 Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    daveyd said:
    Yep. I certainly enjoy voice acting in games when it is well done, but there's no way I would ever let lack of it deter me from getting a great RPG. Besides, Wayfarer of Time will have voiced cutscenes, so that should help people imagine the voices in the game... Sadly, I have seen a few people on other forums (who presumably speak English and not Japanese) say they will not buy this game because it won't have the original Japanese audio. I will never understand that thought process...
    Thats just plain insane the game is awesome and no playing it for that is just being a spoiled brat:smiley_simmons:. In what forums you have see that (I havent see that in the ATLUS USA forums). I want to hear the english voices to see if they fit the characters.
This discussion has been closed.