If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Old School Dungeon Crawler Revived on WiiWare

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The BemusedAdministrators
edited January 2012 in Latest Updates
The 1995 PC RPG Stonekeep gets a new lease on life...on WiiWare? Stranger things have happened, but you probably can't think of any right at this moment.

Story
" I think this is why aging makes humans die! "

Comments

• FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Wow... That looks... just soooo bad.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    This is shocking, but if Interplay wants to really knock me out of my shoes it needs to announce that this game is using assets created for the original Stonekeep 2. That would be a sign of the end times.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    That is an extremely odd choice. Not only reviving Stonekeep, but putting it on the Wii?

I feel kind of bad for anyone who buys it that isn't doing so out of nostalgia sake, that was a pretty terrible game.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited January 2012
    WiiWare? Lol. What do Wii owners care about Stonekeep? The few hardcore fans it has (if any) will no doubt avoid it just for the horrible insult of not releasing a game like this on PC, where it belongs.

And yeah, those screens are terrible. They actually look worse than the original.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    Oh, Interplay.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    This is the same company that put out Boogerman. My how the mighty have fallen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • abaraabara Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    And I thought the saga of the Stonekeep franchise couldn't get any weirder...
  • WhoompWhoomp Smorgasbord Full Members
    edited January 2012
    I must commend the developer for being able to replicate this horrific mid 90s artstyle with such perfection. You don't see that a lot anymore. Thankfully.
  • jcservantjcservant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    OMG...it must have been because we did a PC Pitstop on this some time ago. YES! RPGBacktrack is influencing companys' decisions! WE ROCK! I just wish we were influencing them for the better....

And, yeah, these screenshots make my eyes BLEED.