If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Bisa - Japandemonium for January 20th, 2012

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited January 2012
    I still don't understand why all of these series are being crossed-over for Heroes Fantasia (a number of them are at least five years old and not exactly well-known), but it looks awesome nonetheless. The more information I see on the game, the more I wish it could be localized...Considering its nature, that's highy unlikely.
    Reincarnation, realization
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    Well, all the series were current in the same general timespan, all pretty popular at the time (or even still now), and all belong to companies that have a congenial working relationship with one another, which really helps with the inevitable licensing issues.
  • KaliaKalia New Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    One little correction: regarding the kurai query, the word Tom is actually looking for is kurae, the command form of kurau, a rather blunt, rough-sounding way of saying "to eat". So literally "Eat this!". Interesting side note: the verb also appears in the name of Ouroboros in Japanese, which is mi kurau hebi, or "the snake that eats (its own) body". The things playing Trails in the Sky in Japanese will teach you... :'D

Also, since I'm here, thanks for the awesome columns! I don't really post much here on the forums, but they're my favourite part of the main site. ^^
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    Ooh, Toki to Towa looks pretty
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    Kalia said:
    One little correction: regarding the kurai query, the word Tom is actually looking for is kurae, the command form of kurau, a rather blunt, rough-sounding way of saying "to eat". So literally "Eat this!". Interesting side note: the verb also appears in the name of Ouroboros in Japanese, which is mi kurau hebi, or "the snake that eats (its own) body". The things playing Trails in the Sky in Japanese will teach you... :'D

Also, since I'm here, thanks for the awesome columns! I don't really post much here on the forums, but they're my favourite part of the main site. ^^
    Thanks, hadn't considered that one.

Severin: Yes, yes it does.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for another great installment.
    Toki to towa looks interesting.
    I'm unsure about Mugen.